Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Tue, May 7 | @ Phi | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Berrios vs Sanchez

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Whats happened to Vlad?

The team needed a new poster child to market around so they overhyped and created a brand that never really existed. I'm starting to think Vlad hit his peak earl and what we see is what he is. He certainly isn't a cornerstone player you build a team around. Whoever gives him a massive contract for his free agency years is going to regret it big time.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
The team needed a new poster child to market around so they overhyped and created a brand that never really existed. I'm starting to think Vlad hit his peak earl and what we see is what he is. He certainly isn't a cornerstone player you build a team around. Whoever gives him a massive contract for his free agency years is going to regret it big time.

I think the hype was valid early, he looked like really something special and his first couple years in the league really did seem like the hype was justified.. but something has dramatically changed for the worse.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
does anyone know when the ballpark renovations are going to be done? Only when that is complete will management be forced to look at the management group for what they put on the field.

Shapiro was hired to renovate a ballpark vs managing a team. His pal was hired to be the GM and they are tied to the hip. Shapiro won't fire his buddy.

Once the renovations are done hopefully Rogers see how bad this team is so no matter what the park looks like attendance will drop so bad they will lose money.

Pull the plug now and re-tool on the fly. Move on from Guerrro and attach Springer to any Vlad deal. Who cares if he is a fan favorite?

Guererro, Spring and Kirk for Moreno and Gurriel Jr lol
Totally agree. When the project is finished they will take a hard look at all personnel IMO.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I think the hype was valid early, he looked like really something special and his first couple years in the league really did seem like the hype was justified.. but something has dramatically changed for the worse.

Eric Hinske once looked like a Franchise cornerstone but that fizzled out early. Sometimes players hit their peak early then crash and burn.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
does anyone know when the ballpark renovations are going to be done? Only when that is complete will management be forced to look at the management group for what they put on the field.

Shapiro was hired to renovate a ballpark vs managing a team. His pal was hired to be the GM and they are tied to the hip. Shapiro won't fire his buddy.

Once the renovations are done hopefully Rogers see how bad this team is so no matter what the park looks like attendance will drop so bad they will lose money.

Pull the plug now and re-tool on the fly. Move on from Guerrro and attach Springer to any Vlad deal. Who cares if he is a fan favorite?

Guererro, Spring and Kirk for Moreno and Gurriel Jr lol
It’s not a bad team, there’s lots of bad baseball teams, this isn’t one.

But I think it’s time to think about moving Guerrero, I am not convinced he will be as good as expected.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
1 run yay. couldnt do anything else stranded schneider at 2nd.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Hope people wont blame pitching on that one we face the best offense in the league i feel like 4 runs against is a good performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad