Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Oh man! I hope Rangers fans don’t come in here and see that!
L M A O!

We did :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And we can tell you that 1 bad proposal isn’t an indication of what your fanbase thinks. Hell, if that was the case we’d (Rangers fans) all be f***ed with all the proposals our fans have created over the years.

Stay Golden, Wild Fans. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'd say that's worse than having me around here.
The Morale on the Rangers board went up 7,221 points since Zucc was traded.

I hope you’re not haunting the Wild fanbase like you did ours;)

But seriously though. Minnesota is a hockey Haven in America, and there aren’t too many cities like that throughout the US.

It’s one of the great hockey towns left, and that fact garners an enormous amount of respect from outsiders like myself. I hope you understand this, Webby.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Yeah bad proposal. My bad

Hey at least you're making proposals that at least target needs and are using logical trading pieces from our side. Gauging other teams needs and player values is the tricky part, but you'll pick that up the longer you're on here... maybe. Most of the public trade boards are littered with lopsided proposals.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Center problem, temporary solution...

Derick Brassard (32) is a UFA, a center doing pretty well and good on the PP for the Islanders. Has 32 points in 66 games this season, signed a year with the Isles at only $1.2M. He's also a close friend of Zuccarello, they used to be a very productive duo. Kaprizov-Brassard-Zuccarello...I think this line will click from the start.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

Derick Brassard (32) is a UFA, a center doing pretty well and good on the PP for the Islanders. Has 32 points in 66 games this season, signed a year with the Isles at only $1.2M. He's also a close friend of Zuccarello, they used to be a very productive duo. Kaprizov-Brassard-Zuccarello...I think this line will click from the start.
Uff da, the guy doesn’t even play center anymore. He is a winger for the islanders.

plus he has bounced a lot around without finding a spot to play until this year. Also, according to daily face off Brassard would be the worst forward on the Wild lineup where he sits at #136 LW. The Wild’s worst LW currently is Greenway at #94. Overall galchenyuk is #115.

I agree we need to find a center for Zucc and I think we should make a trade to get one.

however, I don’t think we need to go dumpster diving.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

If we’re looking for stop-gap centers, which is what I think is looking more and more likely, then I’d prefer Haula. More speed. Younger. Better goal scorer, and very likely better player.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
It were not going to actually acquire a top 6 center and plan on just signing a placeholder to get the job done until someone develops/Barkov becomes available, I’d rather just not even try and be competetive. It won’t work. If this team doesn’t go into next year with another 60 point C (not to mention a competent goalie) it will just be another tank year. The Haulas and Soderbergs of the world don’t move the needle anyweheee bear close enough to where we need to be going.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It were not going to actually acquire a top 6 center and plan on just signing a placeholder to get the job done until someone develops/Barkov becomes available, I’d rather just not even try and be competetive. It won’t work. If this team doesn’t go into next year with another 60 point C (not to mention a competent goalie) it will just be another tank year. The Haulas and Soderbergs of the world don’t move the needle anyweheee bear close enough to where we need to be going.

We have the assets to actually acquire one, but then the problem becomes getting one with team control. At this point I would almost just package like Boldy+Beckman/Addison/whoever to acquire a prospect like a Turcotte, Glass, Hayton, something like that. We may not get the bona fide too 6 center, but we would at least have a blue chip center prospect with years of control.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I would much rather Guerin go after a Borgstrom, Middlestadt type than think a bottom 6 retread is worth the time.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would much rather Guerin go after a Borgstrom, Middlestadt type than think a bottom 6 retread is worth the time.

I would rather he pony up for a real top 6 center. If he's going after another prospect he should be going after the high end guys, not the guys who are close to busting for their teams

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah I would as well. I don’t know, I’m just getting a weird feeing from everything Guerin’s been saying about how you can’t trade for 1Cs and how you have to draft them or sign them in FA. I know he’ll continue to explore the trade market, I just don’t get that feeling, whether it’s a good call by him or not, that he’s going to take a shot at a Strome/Domi type. I think he’d rather draft and develop a C or save money and throw it at Barkov. If you look around the league, there aren’t many teams that are as poised as us to be able to make Barkov a huge offer, and the flat cap is going to make it hard to shed space. Idk, this is just the feeing I’ve been getting.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I would rather he pony up for a real top 6 center. If he's going after another prospect he should be going after the high end guys, not the guys who are close to busting for their teams
I would rather he did all of that last summer. My post was more in response to the people that keep bringing up Haula's name.
Personally, I still think that Guerin needs to find a center that will push Staal to the 2nd line.

I wonder if Dumba for W. Karlsson gets Vegas' attention?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah I would as well. I don’t know, I’m just getting a weird feeing from everything Guerin’s been saying about how you can’t trade for 1Cs and how you have to draft them or sign them in FA. I know he’ll continue to explore the trade market, I just don’t get that feeling, whether it’s a good call by him or not, that he’s going to take a shot at a Strome/Domi type. I think he’d rather draft and develop a C or save money and throw it at Barkov. If you look around the league, there aren’t many teams that are as poised as us to be able to make Barkov a huge offer, and the flat cap is going to make it hard to shed space. Idk, this is just the feeing I’ve been getting.
I don't really pay much attention to what the GM's say. It's all bullshit. It's not like he's going to come out in the press and talk about how desperate he is to overpay for a center. The only stuff I don't like hearing from Guerin is when he starts talking about player expectations. If he wants to do that, he needs to be much better at his job first.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
From December 14th through when Zucker was traded, Zucker and Zuccarello played 4 games where they saw any kind of 5v5 time together. Zucker missed nearly a month.

You're acting like we brought Zuccarello to be a primary play driver. We didn't. He's a complimentary player, same as Zucker was. We have one driver in the entire damn forward group.

I definitely would not be complacent. What I would recommend is building a top 6 that doesn't include Marcus Foligno and his career high of 25 poings, and Alex Galchenyuk and his future KHL career. I'm not sure why this is so controversial.
Zucker was FAR more impactful than Zuccarello, not just offensively but defensively as well. I still remember people questioning his $5.5m cap hit. What does that tell you about Zuccarello?

Foligno and Galchenyuk never played in the top 6. The top 6 you are referring to, the one from the playoffs, is Greenway/Parise-Staal-Fiala and Parise/Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Kunin.

On “Straight from the Source” podcast on the athletic, it sounds like Guerin will start off Kaprizov and Fiala on different lines.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they also try Kaprizov as a RW since he has played both in the past. I think the GEEK line will be the 3rd line again this year.
I think that is a mistake. We have a chance for a truly elite 1st line. Hope they don't screw it up.

Eriksson Ek deserves a shot to be the 2nd line center. I have little faith in the Wild's ability to bring in a top 6 center.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Gabe Vilardi.

Would love him, but I don't see LA trading him anymore. I think we might be able to pry Turcotte after the draft. They need D, maybe Addison+ can get it done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad