Dec 10, 2012
Toronto Receives:

Jared Spurgeon (RD)

Minnesota Receives:

Rasmus Sandin (LD)
2021 First Round Pick
Andreas Johnsson (LW)
Kasperi Kapanen (RW)

reading an article on this proposal. i dont know much about Sandin can anyone fill me in? source for the proposal : Figuring Out How to Bring Jared Spurgeon to the Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto fan writes article inquiring about bringing another teams top pairing defenseman to Toronto for relative spare parts that do little to address other teams needs.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Would love him, but I don't see LA trading him anymore. I think we might be able to pry Turcotte after the draft. They need D, maybe Addison+ can get it done?
would you rather have Turcotte or Byfield? would be intersting to try and trade for 2OA instead of Turcotte.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Toronto fan writes article inquiring about bringing another teams top pairing defenseman to Toronto for relative spare parts that do little to address other teams needs.
indeed, they state the need for a C in it. wasnt enjoying the trade all that much just curious on Sandin. never saw him play just wanted some insight on him.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
indeed, they state the need for a C in it. wasnt enjoying the trade all that much just curious on Sandin. never saw him play just wanted some insight on him.
Sandin was who many thought the Wild were taking over he who shall not be named.

Dominik Bokk was the other.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
would you rather have Turcotte or Byfield? would be intersting to try and trade for 2OA instead of Turcotte.

2OA would require a lot more to get. We don't have the starting asset to build off of. We would need a Byram type defenseman at the very least.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
2OA would require a lot more to get. We don't have the starting asset to build off of. We would need a Byram type defenseman at the very least.
with LA having Vilardi and Turcotte, would it be possible they go Raymond instead? just reading up on Byfield now and rumblings are he is not consenus 2OA anymore because Stutzle and Raymond have made a strong case for it. if he would fall to 3 or 4, could get very intersting and i would hope we do everything possible to move up there.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
with LA having Vilardi and Turcotte, would it be possible they go Raymond instead? just reading up on Byfield now and rumblings are he is not consenus 2OA anymore because Stutzle and Raymond have made a strong case for it. if he would fall to 3 or 4, could get very intersting and i would hope we do everything possible to move up there.

There's a lot of speculation that LA would go Stutzle instead of Byfield. I doubt they reach for Raymond. Stutzle projects to be better and can be either a W or C.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
fair enough, im not that great at comparing prospects so just thinking if we wanna trade with LA for a C what would be the better route.

I would rank them Vilardi, then Byfield/Stutzle, then Turcotte. Turcotte still projects to be a good top 6 center though, and would be the "easiest" to acquire and likely most available, so that's why I say go for him.

Byfield and Stutzle have more potential, but Vilardi is a safer bet at this point, and he'll be ready to fill a top 6 role sooner.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
There's a lot of speculation that LA would go Stutzle instead of Byfield. I doubt they reach for Raymond. Stutzle projects to be better and can be either a W or C.
yes i have seen a lot of talk on Stutzle being above Byfield. just hoping he finds a way to fall.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I would rank them Vilardi, then Byfield/Stutzle, then Turcotte. Turcotte still projects to be a good top 6 center though, and would be the "easiest" to acquire and likely most available, so that's why I say go for him.

Byfield and Stutzle have more potential, but Vilardi is a safer bet at this point, and he'll be ready to fill a top 6 role sooner.
yeah i didnt know anything about vilardi until i started to see his name pop up in here. would love to snag him but for LA it does not make sense considering they have aging centers and he seems poised to step right in. what does LA really need now, defense? doughty is aging would they want dumba or is addison enough to intrigue them + a pick.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
yeah i didnt know anything about vilardi until i started to see his name pop up in here. would love to snag him but for LA it does not make sense considering they have aging centers and he seems poised to step right in. what does LA really need now, defense? doughty is aging would they want dumba or is addison enough to intrigue them + a pick.

I think Addison+ would be more enticing given Dumba's contract situation. I don't know though. They definitely need defense and wingers. I would dangle Donato and Addison or Beckman and Addison? Not sure if that's enough though.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think Addison+ would be more enticing given Dumba's contract situation. I don't know though. They definitely need defense and wingers. I would dangle Donato and Addison or Beckman and Addison? Not sure if that's enough though.
with our need for a C at his age and capability, id go as far as Addison + Donato + 2nd. He looks every bit the part of a quality C from highlights i watched, hope it all transitions properly to the NHL and we can slot him in 2C as soon as next year possibly or is he going back to Wisconsin?

nevermind i see he signed a contract so he will be in the NHL.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
with our need for a C at his age and capability, id go as far as Addison + Donato + 2nd. He looks every bit the part of a quality C from highlights i watched, hope it all transitions properly to the NHL and we can slot him in 2C as soon as next year possibly or is he going back to Wisconsin?

He should be in college again. He was likely headed for the AHL next season, but now that the AHL season probably isn't happening, who knows? He's kind of in no mans land now.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He should be in college again. He was likely headed for the AHL next season, but now that the AHL season probably isn't happening, who knows? He's kind of in no mans land now.
i saw an article that said he signed his pro deal. with no AHL season does that mean he can opt to return to wisconsin?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

There's no chance Kings go for that.

The only thing Byfield has over Turcotte is about 5 inches. Turcotte has almost turned into a complete 200 ft 1C with Elite play making ability. He can play with Fiala or Kap today and he would be just fine.
Only problem is that he has always missed time with injuries.

So, He would be under Wild control for 3-6 yrs at a very reasonable cap hit.

Addison + Donato ( not much value ) + 2020 1st probably get it done

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
There's no chance Kings go for that.

The only thing Byfield has over Turcotte is about 5 inches. Turcotte has almost turned into a complete 200 ft 1C with Elite play making ability. He can play with Fiala or Kap today and he would be just fine.
Only problem is that he has always missed time with injuries.

So, He would be under Wild control for 3-6 yrs at a very reasonable cap hit.

Addison + Donato ( not much value ) + 2020 1st probably get it done
interesting, didnt think he and Byfield were on the same level with just height difference.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
interesting, didnt think he and Byfield were on the same level with just height difference.

They're not. Turcotte has a good defensive game but he's still far from a 1C. He could not step in right now and play with Fiala or Kaprizov. Byfield has much more potential. Turcotte is still 2+ years from being a top line center. One in the AHL, one in the NHL with sheltered minutes, then he could step in with Fiala and Kaprizov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad