Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Guerin: "This team desperately needs top 6 centers"

Also Guerin: The only way to acquire those types of players is to draft them yourself and develop them"

Still Guerin: *takes a goalie at 9oa*

Additionally, Guerin: "Yeah we feel comfortable with Johansson and Bjugstad as our top 6 centers"
It also needs a goalie, I think we’re set on wingers though lol.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
If we're trading Dubnyk away and possibly including a pick as sweetener, seems pretty likely to me that Askarov's the guy they're gunning for as Kahkonnen+? doesn't look great 2-3 years down the road (and given the hype around Askarov, you'd hope he'd be ready earlier than most goalies). Then tank like crazy for a 1C next year, which I'm not as familiar with as this year's draft class.

Not sure I like it much. From what little I've heard about next year's prospects, the pool looks pretty shallow compared to this year.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If we're trading Dubnyk away and possibly including a pick as sweetener, seems pretty likely to me that Askarov's the guy they're gunning for as Kahkonnen+? doesn't look great 2-3 years down the road (and given the hype around Askarov, you'd hope he'd be ready earlier than most goalies). Then tank like crazy for a 1C next year, which I'm not as familiar with as this year's draft class.

Not sure I like it much. From what little I've heard about next year's prospects, the pool looks pretty shallow compared to this year.

With Askarov it's not so much when he's ready, it's when is willing to jump the pond. I'll be honest, I want no part of Kaprizov or Sorokin part deux.

Reactions: 57special

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
With Askarov it's not so much when he's ready, it's when is willing to jump the pond. I'll be honest, I want no part of Kaprizov or Sorokin part deux.
Yeah his talent isn't to be questioned but what we just went through with Kaprisov I'm not sure I could handle another 2 yrs waiting for Askarov to come over if he was our pick.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Yeah his talent isn't to be questioned but what we just went through with Kaprisov I'm not sure I could handle another 2 yrs waiting for Askarov to come over if he was our pick.

And no matter how much excellent film there is on him over that period, I'll never have the same level of confidence in a goalie transitioning smoothly to the NHL as I would with a skater. A little risky for my taste even if we didn't have such glaring holes at C and what appears to be a decent draft to try and address them.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dumba for Fleury+ Krebs ? Is that light for us?
Not if we're taking the full contract back. I imagine Vegas will find some way to reduce Fleury's cap hit without giving up Krebs/Glass, though.

Edit: Oh crap, I didn't even see Dumba. No, that is very bad for us.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

2 years isn't really anything. We're going to be at 2 years with Boldy after this season. It's fairly standard.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Staal for Johansson
Conditional 7th for Bjugstad
Donato for 2021 3rd
Dubnyk(+?) for 2022 5th

Is Guerin going to do anything to actually make an impact on the roster or

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
It's the reality of the cap era. You spend your money on skaters first and foremost. Unless you plan on trading him before he hits bank, you are better off just staying away.
a career .922 goalie that had seasons close to .940 that won 6 vezinas and two cups is hard to pass on.

Reactions: 2Pair

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's the reality of the cap era. You spend your money on skaters first and foremost. Unless you plan on trading him before he hits bank, you are better off just staying away.

Still going to error in favor of the greatest of all time, sort the rest out after.

Reactions: 2Pair

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
a career .922 goalie that had seasons close to .940 that won 6 vezinas and two cups is hard to pass on.
When you end up paying him $11+ mil/yr and have shit for skaters in front of him like Montreal has had for the entirety of Price's career for cap reasons... not that hard.

Still going to error in favor of the greatest of all time, sort the rest out after.
Even Hasek couldn't drag Buffalo to a cup... he had to become a mercenary and go to one of the most stacked teams in the league to do it... Something not possible in the cap era.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
When you end up paying him $11+ mil/yr and have shit for skaters in front of him like Montreal has had for the entirety of Price's career for cap reasons... not that hard.

Even Hasek couldn't drag Buffalo to a cup... he had to become a mercenary and go to one of the most stacked teams in the league to do it... Something not possible in the cap era.
unlike Price I think a Hasek caliber goaltender would drag a kicking and screaming wild team to a conference final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad