Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would take on that risk, and lose a player like Soucy, Greenway, whatever in order to get Krebs or Glass.

there's also the option to buy Fleury out, trade him to another team with retention, or hope Seattle selects him.

If you can get Krebs/Glass, and then pay a lesser asset to get rid of Rask, it might work out, but it'd definitely be a tight fit.
Yeah, I'm just not sure how many valid options we have for freeing up cap space. Seattle will take some and a guy like Greenway probably wouldn't be hard to move even with a flat cap... Rask I don't know.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I'm just not sure how many valid options we have for freeing up cap space. Seattle will take some and a guy like Greenway probably wouldn't be hard to move even with a flat cap... Rask I don't know.
Rask can be bought out next summer to save a bit. Getting Glass or Krebs would make me not care about losing Greenway for very little return. Foligno can be gone. We don't really have a lot of obligations beyond 2020-21 so we can be flexible with some things.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, with Doobs and Donato going that nets us a tad over 6M in cap space. I would guess that we are going to have to take a contract back in the former trade, though. Maybe we'll net something like 5M in cap? That allows us to take on Fleury's deal, or close to it. We could always ask for retention, but I'd rather get a pick. Krebs is a bit of a pipe dream, Glass even more. They look to him to be the #2C in a couple of years.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So if Dubnyk is netting a 5th somehow, the Original deal was probably Donato + Dubnyk for a 2nd, which is where the original rumors were.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
- Jeff Marek thinks we're looking at Askarov at #9
- Alex Killorn to Montreal for a 1st speculation

Russo Specific:
- Donato officially for a 2021 3rd
- Nico Sturm re-signed
- Dubnyk + pick to San Jose for pick

Gag me

Reactions: WILDTATE10

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
My only hope is that we are spreading these Askarov rumors so that a team that really wants him might send something stupid to move up. Not that they are really targeting him.

Reactions: 57special

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
No, Brackett gave an interview and referred to him as a world class goalie with franchise potential and called the forward group a strong group.

if he’s there at 9 I think we take him.
I've been watching a lot of Askarov tape lately and I have to say - he is by far the best goalie prospect I've ever seen.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I've been watching a lot of Askarov tape lately and I have to say - he is by far the best goalie prospect I've ever seen.
He wins, amazing track record I hope to god we take him.

I’ve seen so many mocks with us taking Lundell, but Guerin outright said he’s not happy with the goaltending.

Stalock isn’t going to win us a cup and Kakkohnen probably isn’t ready to start. If there’s a guy with franchise potential at 9 we should take him.

I trust in Brackett.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin: "This team desperately needs top 6 centers"

Also Guerin: The only way to acquire those types of players is to draft them yourself and develop them"

Still Guerin: *takes a goalie at 9oa*

Additionally, Guerin: "Yeah we feel comfortable with Johansson and Bjugstad as our top 6 centers"

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad