Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I love Flower, seems to be a great guy to have in the locker room and to mentor the Wild's younger lads as well. An absolute class act.

Reading Russo talking about how Vegas has used other teams as middlemen to make deals and retain salary, I could see that happening.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Finally got around reading the latest Russo article. Sounds like Dubnyk is open to being moved to SJ. So i guess we will see a deal today?

I'm hoping so. I'd like to believe some 2020 picks are involved that Guerin would like to have before tomorrow.

Reactions: HotDish

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wonder if the hold up is bg wants the 1st and they only wanna toss is the 2nd

I don't think Guerin is expecting a 1st unless the deal is bigger than Donato+Dubnyk. I think the hold up was probably giving Dubnyk time to think everything over and talk about it with his wife.

Reactions: Bazeek

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don't think Guerin is expecting a 1st unless the deal is bigger than Donato+Dubnyk. I think the hold up was probably giving Dubnyk time to think everything over and talk about it with his wife.
I understand that but I’m meaning if it’s reported duby gave the ok what Else is the hold up?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
My guess is that they gave Dubnyk the weekend to make a decision, but I assume they'll want it done today. If Guerin's planned follow-up is to take on Fleury that's going to require 2020 draft capital from Vegas going somewhere, so that has to happen before the draft as well.

Reactions: AKL

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I have a feeling that Guerin going to pull off a huge trade ..... I don't know with who but I think a 1C - 2C is coming very soon

Reactions: nt3005

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think in the right package we could get a 2nd back. I don't think he gets one straight up. If he did, he would have gotten one already. I think he could probably get a 3rd straight up.

24 isn't that young, and he did get opportunities up our lineup. For better our worse he didn't take advantage of them, doing his best work on the 4th line. Every year he doesn't establish himself as a bonafide top 6 guy your value drops. And the wild will be the second team that needs secondary scoring to look to trade him. That impacts his value as well.

Nailed it.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I’m not surprised, but kinda confirms that of we’re taking Fluery we should be getting a good asset with it.

Or someone will, anyway. I can definitely see the hypothetical Third Team coming away with futures from Vegas and us getting a cheaper Fleury for almost nothing.

I could be wrong, though. There are a lot of signs pointing toward cap space being very expensive, so even at half price if we're not sending any cap back in a Fleury trade... you never know.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Or someone will, anyway. I can definitely see the hypothetical Third Team coming away with futures from Vegas and us getting a cheaper Fleury for almost nothing.

I could be wrong, though. There are a lot of signs pointing toward cap space being very expensive, so even at half price if we're not sending any cap back in a Fleury trade... you never know.
If Vegas is paying a 1st/Glass/Krebs to move MAF I want that asset, even if it means taking MAF at his full cap hit.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If Vegas is paying a 1st/Glass/Krebs to move MAF I want that asset, even if it means taking MAF at his full cap hit.
I haven't actually run through the implications, but $7m+ of goalie caphits in 2021-22 seems like a risk with some of the RFA extensions we have coming up.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I haven't actually run through the implications, but $7m+ of goalie caphits in 2021-22 seems like a risk with some of the RFA extensions we have coming up.

I would take on that risk, and lose a player like Soucy, Greenway, whatever in order to get Krebs or Glass.

there's also the option to buy Fleury out, trade him to another team with retention, or hope Seattle selects him.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I would take on that risk, and lose a player like Soucy, Greenway, whatever in order to get Krebs or Glass.

there's also the option to buy Fleury out, trade him to another team with retention, or hope Seattle selects him.
I’m also preparing myself for a Dumba for futures type trade to happen. You take a one year salary dump back in that trade and it frees cap for Fiala and Kaprizov extensions.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

If you can get Krebs/Glass, and then pay a lesser asset to get rid of Rask, it might work out, but it'd definitely be a tight fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad