Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I still like Hunt as being a 4th line forward and a PP point man, though the latter is less important once Dumba comes back. I want him stapled to the PP. I wouldn't call Hunt solid, but he can move, and shoot the puck, as well as skate. I didn't think he got exposed in our end last year, but he has the potential to be a big liability back there. Significantly worse than Seeler and Pateryn. AND he is LH, which is not ideal.

Sekera/Russell and Puljujarvi? Why would we want that crap? Pulju at least, has a chance to be something in the future, but he is not looking good out there on the ice.

EDM...avoid. And we sure as hell don't send Spurgeon AND our 12th for their #8 + crap. Russell and Sekera are old LH, and can't stay on the ice.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I checked HFOil and saw a proposal of #8+Russell+Pulj for #12+Spurgeon. To try and salvage this deal... Minnesota removes #12 and it’s basically even value then. Russell really dampens the value of the other two pieces but it’s also understood that Edmonton needs to send cap.

Jesus that's so bad.

8+Manning+lower value piece for Spurgeon is the most I'd do if they want to send cap back. No chance I'd take Sekera or Russell.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Zucker's come up a few times on here among Arizona fans, both on the trade forum and their own boards. There was also the rumored deal last summer, so there might be real interest from Chayka as well. Of the teams I've seen discussed, they seem like one of the better dance partners if Zucker gone this summer.

Let's say we have a choice of two offers from Arizona.

1.) AZ's 2019 1st (#14)
2.) Christian Fischer and AZ's 2019 2nd (#45)​

Which do you prefer?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Zucker's come up a few times on here among Arizona fans, both on the trade forum and their own boards. There was also the rumored deal last summer, so there might be real interest from Chayka as well. Of the teams I've seen discussed, they seem like one of the better dance partners if Zucker gone this summer.

1.) Ari's 2019 1st (#14)
2.) Christian Fischer and Ari's 2019 2nd (#45)​

Which do you prefer?
ill take their 1st.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
judging by the draft depth of 1st round talent, no not really.
I'm getting a little caught up in that myself, though I have very little idea how any of these guys project. How likely is it that you draft a player at 14 that's better than Fischer has been in the OHL, AHL and NHL?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm getting a little caught up in that myself, though I have very little idea how any of these guys project. How likely is it that you draft a player at 14 that's better than Fischer has been in the OHL, AHL and NHL?
Right away, maybe not as high but considering we could grab a future goalie in Knight or Lavoie who is bigger and younger with potentionally more upside, possible a Soderstrom to replace a Brodin trade? i dont know how good Fischer has been in the NHL outside of his stats. All i know is if things go as planned and we get a krebs or newhook at 12 and then say Boldy or a top D prospect at 14? id be pretty happy. or Boldy at 12 and newhook at 14. whichever way it plays out.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I like the combo of players that we could get at 12 and 14. Even if the draft goes completely chalk and all of the top centers are gone, we'd still have some pretty amazing options:

Could take the chance on Caufield (if he's still there) and still get a good center prospect in Newhook or Lavoie

Or skip Caufield and take 2 shots at a center with the two above

Or go Kaliyev + center

Or go center + Knight (goalie of the future)

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah I would take the 14 over Fischer. He’s kinda hit a wall it seems and I don’t know if he’ll ever be much more than a 40-50 guy. I’d rather take my chances on Kaliyev, Newhook, Lavoie, Knight, Caufield combo

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

1.) AZ's 2019 1st (#14)
2.) Christian Fischer and AZ's 2019 2nd (#45)​

Which do you prefer?
#14 all day long.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I like the combo of players that we could get at 12 and 14. Even if the draft goes completely chalk and all of the top centers are gone, we'd still have some pretty amazing options:

Could take the chance on Caufield (if he's still there) and still get a good center prospect in Newhook or Lavoie

Or go Kaliyev + center

10-15 definitely seems to be an interesting range...

If you can get #14 for Zucker(+something not crazy?) and #8 or #11 for Spurgeon the idea of a "quick rebuild" starts to seem less ridiculous. It'd leave the team in a highly questionable state for next year, but I'm not sure we couldn't patch the holes with call-ups and free-agents. And if it all goes pear-shaped we end up with another lottery pick in 2020 and add Kaprizov the following fall.

I'm skeptical that Arizona would be all that keen on parting with their 1st two years after giving up #7 for Stepan, but I don't think it's crazy either.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Or go Kaliyev + center

I like all of those options. Probably Knight, the least, but have high hopes for Robson, and I believe we HAVE to keep picking forwards that have elite potential in the draft till we actually hit on one.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
10-15 definitely seems to be an interesting range...

If you can get #14 for Zucker(+something not crazy?) and #8 or #11 for Spurgeon the idea of a "quick rebuild" starts to seem less ridiculous. It'd leave the team in a highly questionable state for next year, but I'm not sure we couldn't patch the holes with call-ups and free-agents. And if it all goes pear-shaped we end up with another lottery pick in 2020 and add Kaprizov the following fall.

I'm skeptical that Arizona would be all that keen on parting with their 1st two years after giving up #7 for Stepan, but I don't think it's crazy either.

Getting 8, 12 and 14 in this draft would be a wet dream.

Zegras, Newhook, Knight is probably who I’d take.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Getting 8, 12 and 14 in this draft would be a wet dream.

Zegras, Newhook, Knight is probably who I’d take.
Is 11, 12, 14 still worth the cost? I think Spurgeon to Edmonton would make an enormous difference for them and is well worth #8, but I can also see Fletcher being the one more likely to bite.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is 11, 12, 14 still worth the cost? I think Spurgeon to Edmonton would make an enormous difference for them and is well worth #8, but I can also see Fletcher being the one more likely to bite.

Eh, part of the draw of 7/8 is Zegras or possibly even Turcotte being there. Doubt either make it to 11.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Just think if we got Nashville's 1st in the Granlund deal (like we should've) and worked out a deal with Staal to bring him back in UFA after a two month vacation out in Boston (and got their 1st).

Add that to our #12 and possibly another in the 16-22 range in a Zucker trade (or if the Calgary one went through and it was their 1st).

Could be walking out of this draft with Newhook + Knight + Brink + whoever

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think we underestimate how well regarded Spurgeon is by management, and IMO, rightfully so. GM's don't usually have time to trade top players for non top3 draft picks, in the hope that they develop into top players 5 years down the line. Those are the types of trades that get you fired 4 years down the line.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Just think if we got Nashville's 1st in the Granlund deal (like we should've) and worked out a deal with Staal to bring him back in UFA after a two month vacation out in Boston (and got their 1st).

Add that to our #12 and possibly another in the 16-22 range in a Zucker trade (or if the Calgary one went through and it was their 1st).
At a certain point you'd have to worry about actually hitting on all of those picks and having them all hit their 1st RFA contracts at the same time :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad