Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d guess another hockey trade. Granlund for MoJo. And the justification is that if MoJo can become a 45 point center again like he was in Washington this’ll be a good deal.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d guess another hockey trade. Granlund for MoJo. And the justification is that if MoJo can become a 45 point center again like he was in Washington this’ll be a good deal.
I’d think this was funny if I didn’t think it was atleast somewhat accurate.

Reactions: Loopy0ne

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I heard someone on KFAN say "The Wild have a team full of players like Andrew Wiggins"..

and you know what.. he's right :laugh::oops::(

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The two biggest questions to ask:

Has the 2010 draft class run its course?
Is the 2015/16 draft class worthy of regrouping around?

If it's "yes" to both, then you're probably looking at something like (with ages in 2 years):

Kaprizov (24) - X - X*
Greenway (24) - Eriksson Ek (24) - Kunin (23)
Parise (36) - Rask (27) - X

Suter (36) - Dumba (26)
Brodin? (27) - X

Dubnyk? (34)
Kahkonnen? (24)

*maybe still Granlund because he's by far he best of the 2010's and will still only be 28.

Obviously some projecting being done, but I'd say it's close to the best-case scenario for each player.

Empty spots to be filled by returns (picks or prospects) from Staal, Spurgeon, Zucker and Coyle (and maybe Granlund) and our own selections, which should be pretty high in the draft if we get rid of these guys.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra

If it's "yes" to both, then you're probably looking at something like (with ages in 2 years):

Kaprizov (24) - X - X*

Suter (36) - Dumba (26)
Brodin? (27) - X

Dubnyk? (34)
Kahkonnen? (24)

*maybe still Granlund because he's by far he best of the 2010's and will still only be 28.

Obviously some projecting being done, but I'd say it's close to the best-case scenario for each player.

Empty spots to be filled by returns (picks or prospects) from Staal, Spurgeon, Zucker and Coyle (and maybe Granlund) and our own selections, which should be pretty high in the draft if we get rid of these guys.
Pretty fair projection. I'm surprised you don't have one of Sokolov/anas/belipedo in there. I think Seeler sticks, not so much on Rask. We need 2 C's in my opinion.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Kaprizov (24) - X - X*

Suter (36) - Dumba (26)
Brodin? (27) - X

Dubnyk? (34)
Kahkonnen? (24)

Do you really see a reason to keep Dubnyk if the team is going to regroup around a completely different core of youth? I mean, is it worth it other than cap floor?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
How the **** is it that Chicago, every two to three years, just makes some trade or trades, and swings guys for guys who become awesome.

First, their initial SC roster was so fun to watch. This includes Hossa, whom they got. But, after that, it's like...I see Saad enter, play well, Panarin signs with them, pick DeBrincat, who's a total ******** stud, oh and DUH, they trade for Dylan Strome, he's big, he looks like a 30 YO insomniac, he's GOOD, he puts up basically PPG. Kane looks like the second coming of Jesus after meeting his Father down in Florida rippin' down Natties and doing Yoga over the summer getting ready for the season. Someone X-Men'd Toews because I swear to the ******* lord he was DONE last year. Nope, he must have been on that Professor X **** with Kaner.

**** me. They still got grandads Keith and Seabrook playing on the backend talking about back in my day stories when they used to play Orr and Bossy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Engebretson

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Pretty fair projection. I'm surprised you don't have one of Sokolov/anas/belipedo in there. I think Seeler sticks, not so much on Rask. We need 2 C's in my opinion.

Sokolov can't skate or play D while Anas is 25 already and hasn't cracked the NHL lineup once. Belpedio still has a chance but the clock is ticking.

In two years, Mason Shaw might have the best chance among the prospects. Those almost-empty 2016, 2017 draft classes will hurt.

Dr. Jan's framing is good though. I think that the 2010 guys have had their kick and it's time to move along. Trading Nino was proof that management feels the same.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
How the **** is it that Chicago, every two to three years, just makes some trade or trades, and swings guys for guys who become awesome.

First, their initial SC roster was so fun to watch. This includes Hossa, whom they got. But, after that, it's like...I see Saad enter, play well, Panarin signs with them, pick DeBrincat, who's a total ******** stud, oh and DUH, they trade for Dylan Strome, he's big, he looks like a 30 YO insomniac, he's GOOD, he puts up basically PPG. Kane looks like the second coming of Jesus after meeting his Father down in Florida rippin' down Natties and doing Yoga over the summer getting ready for the season. Someone X-Men'd Toews because I swear to the ******* lord he was DONE last year. Nope, he must have been on that Professor X **** with Kaner.

**** me. They still got grandads Keith and Seabrook playing on the backend talking about back in my day stories when they used to play Orr and Bossy.

I'm still not sure about trading Schmaltz for Strome but it is amazing how often good fortune is on their side and I have to admit that Strome looks like a re-born player there. Good example of how a creative front office goes out and kicks over every rock to find their next star. Meanwhile, the Wild can't make a small trade w/o getting kicked in the teeth by it.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Here's my deadline sell-off extravaganza. Some of these might be a little unrealistic perhaps... but I think there's at least a hint of logic behind every move (from both teams). And most importantly, remember there's idiots employed everywhere!

Coyle to Boston for Vaakanainen, 2019 2nd rounder and conditional 2021 2nd rounder (if Coyle re-signs with Boston)

Zucker to Vancouver for Goldobin, Gaunce and 2020 1st rounder

Staal to NY Islanders for Koivula and 2020 2nd rounder

Rask to Ottawa for Ceci

Brodin to Montreal for Poehling, Primeau and 2019 2nd rounder

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Because Kane and Toews elevate the play of those around them.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Here's my deadline sell-off extravaganza. Some of these might be a little unrealistic perhaps... but I think there's at least a hint of logic behind every move (from both teams). And most importantly, remember there's idiots employed everywhere!

Coyle to Boston for Vaakanainen, 2019 2nd rounder and conditional 2021 2nd rounder (if Coyle re-signs with Boston)

Rask to Ottawa for Ceci

Staal trade is the only remotely realistic one. But I agree something like that Ottawa trade could happen if Minnesota adds (not sure Bitetto is much worse than Ceci). I mean, I know they haven't really panned out as such but Zucker for three firsts?

Scouts DO watch these guys!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Rask to Ottawa for Ceci

So to summarize:

Out
Coyle
Zucker
Staal
Rask
Brodin

In
Vaakanainen (LD, 20 yo, 2 NHL games)
Goldobin (LW, 23 yo, 113 NHL games)
Gaunce (C/LW, 24 yo, 117 NHL games)
Koivula (LW, 20 yo, 0 NHL games)
Ceci (RD, 25 yo, 421 NHL games)
Poehling (C, 20 yo, 0 NHL games)
Primeau (G, 19 yo, o NHL games)
1st (2020 VAN)
2nd (2019 MON)
2nd (2019 BOS)
2nd (2020 NYI)
2nd? (2021 BOS, conditional)

Tentative line-up next year
Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Greenway - JEE - Kunin
Goldobin - Gaunce - Aberg
Foligno - Other - Guys

Suter - Dumba
Ceci(?) - Spurgeon
Seeler - Pateryn

Dubnyk
Stalock

I don't want to pick the whole thing apart because I think it's a good attempt to put actual names and picks to all of these hypothetical deals. My read on most of these prospects is vague at best anyway.

The Rask for Ceci deal is the one that stands out most as one I wouldn't want to do. As down as I am on Rask I think I like Ceci and his contract even less, and at that point we'd have to play him on the left side? Seems better to just keep Rask as the 4C and sign a UFA 2LD to play with Spurgeon. Heck, maybe just toss Vaak in early since he'd be the heir apparent to that spot anyway.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Staal trade is the only remotely realistic one. But I agree something like that Ottawa trade could happen if Minnesota adds (not sure Bitetto is much worse than Ceci). I mean, I know they haven't really panned out as such but Zucker for three firsts?

Scouts DO watch these guys!
I thought the Zucker trade was probably the worst for the Wild there. Two AHLers and a gamble that the Canucks will suck next year.

I don't want to pick the whole thing apart because I think it's a good attempt to put actual names and picks to all of these hypothetical deals. My read on most of these prospects is vague at best anyway.

The Rask for Ceci deal is the one that stands out most as one I wouldn't want to do. As down as I am on Rask I think I like Ceci and his contract even less, and at that point we'd have to play him on the left side? Seems better to just keep Rask as the 4C and sign a UFA 2LD to play with Spurgeon. Heck, maybe just toss Vaak in early since he'd be the heir apparent to that spot anyway.
Yeah the whole idea is to do a quick retool/rebuild/whatever you want to call it. Ship out bunch of guys and build a new core over the next couple years. Established young core pieces are rarely available so you have to do it that way, get players who have no NHL experience or picks that lead to players who have no NHL experience.

Rask for Ceci I thought was the best deal for Minnesota. Getting rid of that contract is huge. You can just let Ceci become UFA this summer if you choose so.

I like all those prospects. Think 2 could become key players going forward.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I thought the Zucker trade was probably the worst for the Wild there. Two AHLers and a gamble that the Canucks will suck next year.

Yeah the whole idea is to do a quick retool/rebuild/whatever you want to call it. Ship out bunch of guys and build a new core over the next couple years. Established young core pieces are rarely available so you have to do it that way, get players who have no NHL experience or picks that lead to players who have no NHL experience.

Rask for Ceci I thought was the best deal for Minnesota. Getting rid of that contract is huge. You can just let Ceci become UFA this summer if you choose so.

I like all those prospects. Think 2 could become key players going forward.
I thought Ceci had an extra year on his deal. If it's just to dump the contract I guess it makes sense, though realistically they'll give Rask through at least next season to show something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad