Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Using one of the best contracts in the league as a comparison is obviously going to skew your analysis.
As opposed to Russo's guys using Skinner's contract? An 8x 9M contract for Kaprizov is absurd. The guy has played about 30 NHL games.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
1C ;( As far as the first go, I would certainly do it. First rounders are pretty overvalued in my opinion, especially non-lottery ones. Lindholm is in one of the best contracts in the league, is a right shot, and can play center. You’re giving up drafting in the first round in one draft to plug the one obvious hole in the lineup with a real nice peice.

Kaprizov-Lindholm-Zuccarello
Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-Foligno
Parise-Sturm-Bjugstad

Brodin-Addison
Suter-Spurgeon
Cole-Soucy

is a pretty good lineup. Even better if you can keep Dumba too

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
1C ;( As far as the first go, I would certainly do it. First rounders are pretty overvalued in my opinion, especially non-lottery ones. Lindholm is in one of the best contracts in the league, is a right shot, and can play center. You’re giving up drafting in the first round in one draft to plug the one obvious hole in the lineup with a real nice peice.

Kaprizov-Lindholm-Zuccarello
Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-Foligno
Parise-Sturm-Bjugstad

Brodin-Addison
Suter-Spurgeon
Cole-Soucy

is a pretty good lineup. Even better if you can keep Dumba too
We gonna bring Boldy along slow on the third line or do you just have more faith in greenway than I do?

P10p

May 15, 2012
As opposed to Russo's guys using Skinner's contract? An 8x 9M contract for Kaprizov is absurd. The guy has played about 30 NHL games.

And you're deflecting to russo for your illogical thinking? Cool.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
So ESPN did their trade deadline preview today... For centers potentially available they broke it up to those with term and those without.

Rentals: Bennett, Glendening, Granlund, Haula, Nash, Staal, Sutter
With Term: Hayton, Henrique, Kerfoot

Also listed both Parise and Dumba as potentially available with term at their postions.

Any of those guys move the needle for anyone? I don't see anyone worth adding from that list at the deadline.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So ESPN did their trade deadline preview today... For centers potentially available they broke it up to those with term and those without.

Also listed both Parise and Dumba as potentially available with term at their postions.

Any of those guys move the needle for anyone? I don't see anyone worth adding from that list at the deadline.

If Hayton is available, Guerin should be discussing that.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I don't think anyone should be trading for Bennett or Granlund as centers at this point, and I question having Hayton's name on that list. I get that Arizona's kind of in limbo right now, but he's not like Schmaltz and Keller where contracts might be a concern.

I've mentioned a Rask/Henrique swap before, but ultimately it's probably a bad idea to tie ourselves to another long contract. I doubt Glendening/Nash/Kerfoot/Sutter/Haula would give us anything more than we've gotten out of Hartman so far.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It’s funny how opposite the fan bases are on that Lindholm to MIN page. They are wanting near Eichel level deals.
Yeah, the CAL fans are out to lunch on Lindholm's value. And Monahan's too, IMO, but i think they undervalue him.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
No Echiel please.
Get s young praise, but they dont make em like that
Nhl went to shit
I laugh at contracts these days

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone think Yanni Gourde would be available? Having a good season and maybe Tampa couldn’t afford him?
This year good, last year no good. Doesn't play C full time, either. 4 more years at 5M, entering his 30's, when he should be declining. I am guessing that TBL would be happy to move him after the playoffs. I would rather that we put our money into someone better and younger, or if someone older, than on a shorter contract. He is also another LHS.

I would rather try to snag Walker or Madden or that type of player and hope that they turn into something. Both have offensive skill sets and speed, and we wouldn't be saddled with a big cap hit if they don't turn out. Sooner or later we are going to need the cap room to sign the KK's, Fiala, JEE, Greenway, Boldy, Rossi, maybe Addison and some FA's. I don't want to let one go because we are paying a 34 yo Yanni Gourde to score 27 pts.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
This year good, last year no good. Doesn't play C full time, either. 4 more years at 5M, entering his 30's, when he should be declining. I am guessing that TBL would be happy to move him after the playoffs. I would rather that we put our money into someone better and younger, or if someone older, than on a shorter contract. He is also another LHS.

I would rather try to snag Walker or Madden or that type of player and hope that they turn into something. Both have offensive skill sets and speed, and we wouldn't be saddled with a big cap hit if they don't turn out. Sooner or later we are going to need the cap room to sign the KK's, Fiala, JEE, Greenway, Boldy, Rossi, maybe Addison and some FA's. I don't want to let one go because we are paying a 34 yo Yanni Gourde to score 27 pts.
I should have checked capfriendly. Google must have given me the wrong contract

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Are you sure Hayton was on that list? He sure doesn’t fit with the other availables on the list.

ETA: found the article, he is definitely on the list

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad