Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sounds like Ekblad is very done for a very long time. Time for Guerin to hit the phones and get something for Dumba.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Really? A prospect now is worth two 1st round pick?

So is matt boldy, or Marco rossi worth three 1st round pick?

There's "worth", and there's giving Colorado a reason for doing something.

Newhook's minimum value is inarguably a 1st round pick. It's probably more than that based on what he's done post-draft. The addition might not be another 1st, but it sure as hell isn't a 6th.

Either way, it's probably extremely unlikely to happen anyways, so you don't need to go full 'you' here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Between now and the trade deadline:

6 games
2 in Vegas
2 vs Colorado
2 in St. Louis

After getting demolished by Colorado twice. Playing two 50/50 games against Anaheim. Squirreling an 11 shot win against the Blues. And now on the verge of only getting 1 out of 4 points against the Sharks (after the biggest break we've had and will have the rest of the year).

I'm very curious as to what Guerin is going to do, and what maybe a 1-4-1 next 6 games might change in regards to his mindset in regards to Bonino, Johansson and maybe Cole.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

6 games
2 in Vegas
2 vs Colorado
2 in St. Louis

After getting demolished by Colorado twice. Playing two 50/50 games against Anaheim. Squirreling an 11 shot win against the Blues. And now on the verge of only getting 1 out of 4 points against the Sharks (after the biggest break we've had and will have the rest of the year).

I'm very curious as to what Guerin is going to do, and what maybe a 1-4-1 next 6 games might change in regards to his mindset in regards to Bonino, Johansson and maybe Cole.

Russo was making it seem like Cole could be close to an extension in one of his recent articles. Not sure it makes any sense though unless Soucy is 100% gone.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

6 games
2 in Vegas
2 vs Colorado
2 in St. Louis

I think we all know my opinion on the topic by now. That said, if the wild get 3 out of the next 12 points, they'll be at 47 points, and a .602 point%.

Arizona (5th place team) would have to get 5 wins in that time to catch up in points, and they only have 6 games, and they'd still be behind in point% at .546.
Los Angeles also has 6 games, would need all 6 wins to be 1 point behind us at 46, and that would still have them at a .575 (assuming an LA victory tonight).
San Jose has 5 games, would need all 5 wins to be at 44 points, with a point% of .564 (assuming SJ victory tonight).

And of course all of these situations happening is impossible because all of these teams play each other. Basically, if Guerin is basing his moves off of the standings at the deadline, we're likely to still be comfortably in a playoff spot. So the question is, should Guerin be basing his moves at the deadline off of the standings.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think we all know my opinion on the topic by now. That said, if the wild get 3 out of the next 12 points, they'll be at 47 points, and a .602 point%.

Arizona (5th place team) would have to get 5 wins in that time to catch up in points, and they only have 6 games, and they'd still be behind in point% at .546.
Los Angeles also has 6 games, would need all 6 wins to be 1 point behind us at 46, and that would still have them at a .575 (assuming an LA victory tonight).
San Jose has 5 games, would need all 5 wins to be at 44 points, with a point% of .564 (assuming SJ victory tonight).

And of course all of these situations happening is impossible because all of these teams play each other. Basically, if Guerin is basing his moves off of the standings at the deadline, we're likely to still be comfortably in a playoff spot. So the question is, should Guerin be basing his moves at the deadline off of the standings.

Yeah, I wasn't even talking about our place in the standings. Just what exactly our body of work since the Colorado games would be. It would be a fairly extensive number of unimpressive games. I wonder if that would change Guerin's thinking back to where it probably was before the season started, irregardless of the standings.

Russo has been hammering home the "multi year process" angle for a couple weeks now, mainly to push against being buyers and the TDL, but would also support trading the UFAs. And you can even hide the "giving up" part under the talent that would be replacing them in the lineup with Boldy and Addison (who is having a real nice offensive season in Iowa so far).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I wasn't even talking about our place in the standings. Just what exactly our body of work since the Colorado games would be. It would be a fairly extensive number of unimpressive games. I wonder if that would change Guerin's thinking back to where it probably was before the season started, irregardless of the standings.

Russo has been hammering home the "multi year process" angle for a couple weeks now, mainly to push against being buyers and the TDL, but would also support trading the UFAs. And you can even hide the "giving up" part under the talent that would be replacing them in the lineup with Boldy and Addison (who is having a real nice offensive season in Iowa so far).

Yeah, I'm totally on the side of trading guys. Will be interesting to see if Guerin has been blowing smoke about being comfortable with this group and wanting to give them a chance to show what they can do, or if he actually means it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

What about 0 out of the next 12 points?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Does anyone think foligno, & parise being out are causing the team to slump?

Something isn't right, & it feels like dean e has lost the lockeroom

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
The team has one center that would play in other NHL lineups. It’s a simple as that.

It continues to be an abject failure by the front office to watch this team daily and do nothing to address the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad