Speculation: Trade, FA & Rumours (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
these are the actual teams that can present a 6m o/s given their draft picks

View attachment 377401

of these teams

ANH, BOS, CGY, CAR, COL, DAL, MIN, MTL, NYI, NYR, SJS, STL, VAN and WPG have under 3M in cap-space or their own high-profile RFAs to sign

so that leaves, OTT, LA, DET, PHI, NSH, FLA, CBJ as viable O/S options?

Would you rather play in TBL for a bit less money for a little while and a chance to win cups or more money on teams that likely aren't close to win a cup?

Even out of the list of teams with more than $3M capspace a number have high profile players to sign this year or next year which limits the list even more:

- Phi: P. Myers this year and Hart next year
- CBJ: Dubois
- NSH: Fabbro and Saros next year
- LA: seem pretty set at Center with Kopi, Byfield, Vilardi, Turcotte, etc.

So really it's down to OTT, FLA & DET. IMO Ottawa isn't spending the money and I don't think Stevie Y sticks it to his old organization based on the "mess" he made of having too many good players. I also thought there was speculation that Florida was looking to cut payroll.

So no real offersheet threat in my opinion but also not many teams that could even take on a contract if you paid them. Maybe Stamkos starts the year on LTIR and that gets them some breathing room for a bit, but at some point somethings got to give.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Even out of the list of teams with more than $3M capspace a number have high profile players to sign this year or next year which limits the list even more:

- Phi: P. Myers this year and Hart next year
- CBJ: Dubois
- NSH: Fabbro and Saros next year
- LA: seem pretty set at Center with Kopi, Byfield, Vilardi, Turcotte, etc.

So really it's down to OTT, FLA & DET. IMO Ottawa isn't spending the money and I don't think Stevie Y sticks it to his old organization based on the "mess" he made of having too many good players. I also thought there was speculation that Florida was looking to cut payroll.

So no real offersheet threat in my opinion but also not many teams that could even take on a contract if you paid them. Maybe Stamkos starts the year on LTIR and that gets them some breathing room for a bit, but at some point somethings got to give.
thanks, didn't look that that in depth and was just going off the top of the head lol.

PHI also has Sanheim to sign next year too.

So OTT/FLA/DET......... ya i'll take a bit of a lower AAV for a couple years, and a chance to win a couple more cups rather than play with those clubs.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I just noticed that two of our summer acquisitions; Forbort and Toninato, are from Duluth. Is it coincidence or is this a plan to help Samberg adjust?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
What do you guys think happens with Jack R?

- Resigns? If yes what does the deal look like?

- Traded? If yes for what? Top 4 LHD? Draft except futures? Etc?

- Your opinions?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

- Your opinions?
I've thought of this a few times. If he does re-sign I think Chevy will have really ground the contract down to save as much cap space as possible. I think we see a bridge deal come in under $2 M AAV, and then Roslovic moved for a D prospect down the line that has also struggled achieving NHL success.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

- Your opinions?
I think he's in limbo until Laine is figured out. If laine is dealt, and with wheeler aging, our RW depth is poop (unless part of the laine deal is a downgrade RW).

You could flip Ehlers to the right and fill out the top 6 with vesalainen I guess.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think he's in limbo until Laine is figured out. If laine is dealt, and with wheeler aging, our RW depth is poop (unless part of the laine deal is a downgrade RW).

You could flip Ehlers to the right and fill out the top 6 with vesalainen I guess.

And if Laine isn't traded this offseason?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So he doesn't lose him for nothing in the expansion draft. An equivilant young player or a top 4 dmen would require a slot next year.
On the flip side maybe Roslovic eventually signs a low prove yourself bridge in hopes of being exposed in the XD.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Jets are going to lose a good player no matter what in the expansion...

If we trade Roslo to protect him, doesn't Seattle just take Harkins or Appleton?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

- Your opinions?
For some reason, I think that Roslovic's future is tied into Laine's. If Laine is traded and the return doesn't include a scoring winger, then the Jets might want to consider keeping Roslovic in the short term. They don't have much depth in talent on RW if Laine is traded.

Reactions: hn777

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
For some reason, I think that Roslovic's future is tied into Laine's. If Laine is traded and the return doesn't include a scoring winger, then the Jets might want to consider keeping Roslovic in the short term. They don't have much depth in talent on RW if Laine is traded.

Agreed, that is a very real possibility.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
And if Laine isn't traded this offseason?
Good question. I think chevy will need to gauge the extension talked with Laine. I seriously doubt he (Laine) is dealt before the season starts at this point.

IF roslovic is dealt, I don't see him as valuable enough to be the centrepiece in a deal for an upgrade on D, so pick/prospect would be my guess. Weegar seemed like the type of return I would have expected

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So he doesn't lose him for nothing in the expansion draft. An equivilant young player or a top 4 dmen would require a slot next year.

Is he who we would lose in the XD? If we don't have him, who do we lose instead?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Doesn’t want to lose him via expansion, wants to spend cap on something else (D?), wants to use his return (+) to get a D, etc possibly.

I have no problem trading Rosie. But to get something good it would likely have to be as part of a package for a D upgrade, not for picks.

If we don't get that, there is no need to rush to trade him.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I have no problem trading Rosie. But to get something good it would likely have to be as part of a package for a D upgrade, not for picks.

I don’t think there is any rush, otherwise he would of been traded already. I suspect Chevy is waiting to see how multi situations work out on the Jets (Laine) and other teams RFAs....then Jack’s fate will be decided.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'm curious why you think Yzerman would most want Killorn to play with Raymond.

Always good to have a veteran bring along a younger player, Killorn plays the complete two way game, which would help Raymond play his game. If Detroit ever gets their defense going in the right direction they'll start to climb out of the bottom. Seider, Cholowski, Hronek and Mac Isaac have some potential.

Reactions: Oilpeg

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

If we are picking up former Kings, I'd consider trading him for Adrian Kempe, because I think we need forward depth as much as defensive. Kempe plays a bit heavier. A Kempe-Gustafsson-Vesalainen line would be a good cycle and net drive line.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I just noticed that two of our summer acquisitions; Forbort and Toninato, are from Duluth. Is it coincidence or is this a plan to help Samberg adjust?

It's definitely part of building a family in the True North vision, though it doesn't sound like Forbort and Pionk were that close judging by the baseball story. The Duluth connection will be good for Samberg's development and making him feel at home on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad