Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Helle should be traded. Edmonton, Washington and Buffalo would send in the brinks truck for him. Maybe Power doesn’t want to sign with Buffalo? He could be our #1d and get Levi with him. This would be edmontons only real chance at something to make McDavid happy, they would
Make it rain. Washington doesn’t have goalie stability for Ovis last contract, they have some interesting prospects.

You're not getting Owen Power and Devon Levi for Hellebuyck. You're not getting one of them for Hellebuyck. Buffalo isn't 2 years away from contending. What does Edmonton or Washington have that would make it worthwhile to trade Hellebuyck?

After tonight’s barn burner, Toronto could be really interested in Helle too. Could something around Nylander+ Futures make sense? It would be nearly cap neutral.

They're not moving Nylander. Or Marner, Matthews or Tavares, or Rielly.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
My uneducated trade deadline predictions:
Copp and a 4th to NYR for a 1st
Stastny to NAS for a conditional 3rd.
Beaulieu to ANA for a 6th.
One of Wheeler or Scheifele in the off-season.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
All I know is if Chevy doesn’t trade Copp (assuming he isn’t extended before the TDL) & Stats I will be pissed. We cannot not let good players walk for free during a season where we have no hope of being a cup team

Agreed, we need to sell and get some good assets. Those assets can either be used to plug holes this summer or to further replenish the pipeline.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
You're not getting Owen Power and Devon Levi for Hellebuyck. You're not getting one of them for Hellebuyck. Buffalo isn't 2 years away from contending. What does Edmonton or Washington have that would make it worthwhile to trade Hellebuyck?

They're not moving Nylander. Or Marner, Matthews or Tavares, or Rielly.
Actually I could see Helly returning any one of those players.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Actually I could see Helly returning any one of those players.

Yeah, I think Buffalo would be nuts to turn down Levi for Hellebuyck straight up.

Power I think would be a different story just based on draft status.

Just to be clear, I think you could get Levi for Hellebuyck plus some pieces, but not Power and Levi. The other names I think we'd have to add to get, though I don't think he returns any of those Leafs players I mentioned on his own either.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just to be clear, I think you could get Levi for Hellebuyck plus some pieces, but not Power and Levi. The other names I think we'd have to add to get, though I don't think he returns any of those Leafs players I mentioned on his own either.
So you’re saying the Jets would have to add to Hellebuyck for Levi?

Two years remaining on his contract or not, Hellebuyck is proven to be a top 3-5 goalie in the league and Levi, while he looks good right now, has proven nothing at all at the NHL level.

Goalies can often age like fine wine so I think Buffalo would take a Vezina goalie and just try to resign him after two years and still have him playing at a high level in their window.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
The trade Helle talk is crazy… teams don’t win cups without top goaltending - we have that except we are running him into the ground

Helle is one of our untouchables
Agreed, teams don’t win without top goaltending, but the discussion is about asset management.

Do you truly believe Jets will win within the next two years? Do you believe Helle will be worth $9-11m on a new contract after those two years are done, and will the rest of the team be in a position to contend again by then?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So you’re saying the Jets would have to add to Hellebuyck for Levi?

Two years remaining on his contract or not, Hellebuyck is proven to be a top 3-5 goalie in the league and Levi, while he looks good right now, has proven nothing at all at the NHL level.

Goalies can often age like fine wine so I think Buffalo would take a Vezina goalie and just try to resign him after two years and still have him playing at a high level in their window.

No I mean Levi+ for Hellebuyck but the + is definitely not Owen Power.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Helle is two years away from being a 30+ year old UFA, with probably with one of the higher usage or shot volumes faced for a goalie of similar NHL experience

If you think this team can compete for a Stanley Cup within two years, keep him at his current of 6.1m if not, it's a pertinent question to trade and actually get a great return to help this team beyond his expiring contract.

As a goalie with a Vezina laden resume, and likely during his decline years, how much does he get on a UFA deal? Do we re sign him even? Idk if I would. And I don't know if we're cup contenders with him. :dunno:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I honestly don't think Chevy moves Scheif, Wheeler or Helle.

You can’t move Helle (IMO) unless your going scorched earth rebuild and the team has too many good players for that. So Helle has to stay IMO, Mark & Blake will depend if they are on board with a new coach hire or pissed off about how PMO was handled or whatever they aren’t happy about. End of season interviews between the team and players could get interesting.

PS: I’m not saying extending Helle after his current deal, that’s TBD at a later date

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
No I mean Levi+ for Hellebuyck but the + is definitely not Owen Power.
Ah okay, I got confused when you said you’re not getting either one of them for Helle.

I agree the plus wouldn’t be Power and I’m not sure we’d target another left-handed defenceman anyway in the extremely unlikely scenario we trade Hellebuyck.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I honestly don't think Chevy moves Scheif, Wheeler or Helle.

Realistically, Wheeler is un-tradeable, Helly can't be moved because there is no replacement in the organization for him, so that leaves Chef. But, IMO, Chevy has hung his hat on the core he built. He is going to try everything else possible before breaking up his core. Having said that, if someone gave Chevy an insane offer for Chef...OR if Chevy is no longer in the position of GM...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Realistically, Wheeler is un-tradeable, Helly can't be moved because there is no replacement in the organization for him, so that leaves Chef. But, IMO, Chevy has hung his hat on the core he built. He is going to try everything else possible before breaking up his core. Having said that, if someone gave Chevy an insane offer for Chef...OR if Chevy is no longer in the position of GM...

He is untradeable right now unless you retain. Next year it might be easier to swallow half his contract in a deal and at 4 a year he would be a hell of a bargain for a team that has a little space that wants depth.

Levi is a no for me. The guy is 6 feet tall. People rag on Comrie for being short and you want to risk your future on that? No thanks.

I think you look at moving Helly if things are not going well next season. Same thing With Scheif and Wheeler. The 2023 draft is loaded and you could scoop a lot up for those 3 if things are done correctly

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He is untradeable right now unless you retain. Next year it might be easier to swallow half his contract in a deal and at 4 a year he would be a hell of a bargain for a team that has a little space that wants depth.

Levi is a no for me. The guy is 6 feet tall. People rag on Comrie for being short and you want to risk your future on that? No thanks.

I think you look at moving Helly if things are not going well next season. Same thing With Scheif and Wheeler. The 2023 draft is loaded and you could scoop a lot up for those 3 if things are done correctly
If Chevy goes into his 13th draft in total rebuild mode after so little on ice success, he would have been an absolute failure of a GM and in no way should he be in charge of any rebuild.

Reactions: Keystone

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
If Chevy goes into his 13th draft in total rebuild mode after so little on ice success, he would have been an absolute failure of a GM and in no way should he be in charge of any rebuild.

I would think if next year is a failure he is gone. I highly doubt right now we blow it up if Chevy is the GM after this season. But I also think he wouldn't be the GM if we do blow it up

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Whenever teams are mired in a skid and the season is unraveling its easy to say blow it up. The challenge is that its not that easy to blow it up. They obviously need a full coaching change at a minimum and I wouldn’t be surprised if they do more. I don’t see them moving on from Helle yet, Blake is locked in and they will probably give him next season if he wants to stay. Mark is the wild card and and I assume they would explore all options with him since he would be a key piece in the retool.

I think for the first time Chevy’s seat might be changing temperatures. Not saying its getting hot by any means but this season is massive failure.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017

I'd prefer to start tearing it down now for a better chance at Bedard. Only thing left that has any hope.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Whenever teams are mired in a skid and the season is unraveling its easy to say blow it up. The challenge is that its not that easy to blow it up. They obviously need a full coaching change at a minimum and I wouldn’t be surprised if they do more. I don’t see them moving on from Helle yet, Blake is locked in and they will probably give him next season if he wants to stay. Mark is the wild card and and I assume they would explore all options with him since he would be a key piece in the retool.

I think for the first time Chevy’s seat might be changing temperatures. Not saying its getting hot by any means but this season is massive failure.
100% agree with all of this. Thank you for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad