Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Reading through the thread, I think Jets fans expectations for Scheif may be a bit high, but not totally unrealistic either.

Most teams dont put their top prospects on the table for rentals, but maybe for a guy with term like Scheif it could happen. Schneider from NYR does seem to fit that mold the best from the ideas I browsed.

Scheif I think you are looking at getting a 1st on top of a prospect the calibre of Schneider but probably not more than that. A pure futures deal is probably 1st + 3rd + tweeter C + meh prospect. You could get more if you want to get bold and retain, but that hasn't been the Jets style.

Wheeler is putting up points again this year. If the Jets offered him up at 50% maybe a contender would give up a 1st for him? Again, bold, but it's what a very smart franchise would do. Him at his age, under 4.5 with a couple years tacked on is still great value imo

Jets should be looking at moving Copp, Stastny and Dillon this deadline for whatever they can get. Good players that dont fit the me-too. Duh.

As for the logjam at LD? Any of them should be available to try and get a good top pair guy. I saw a mock trade on Hot Garbage Sports where he suggested Morrissey and Heinola for Chychrun. Now ARZ may not want that Morrissey long term deal, so that may be a no go. But if the Jets have to add to Heinola with futures they get from Copp, Stastny, Dillon, then do that.

Schmidt is another guy with little value that should conceivably return a 1st if they retain the required amount.

You may be sending a theme here.

The Jets can conceivably put together a war chest of assets if they are willing to make a huge investment cash wise to stockpile 1sts by retaining on 2 or 3 guys (can't remember the max)

Jets have proven they can draft skilled forward talent very well. So do what you have to in order to get the infrastructure of a new core in place. One with big two way forwards and big two way defensemen.

JT Miller isnt the right fit with his age and contract status. But that type of center is exactly the type of player the Jets should be targeting once they move Scheifele. They pulled the trigger once on Dubois and that was a good move. But yeah, a 60-70 point good defensive center. Younger the better. Doesnt come along often, but when one does, you will have the assets to pull the trigger. If they have to move Ehlers or Connor plus more to do it, so be it.

Put this in the main Trade Forum thread, not sure what you guys think of this?

Reactions: Orrrules

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Who are the untouchables on the Jets roster and who are the players Jets fans want to trade and why?
Untouchables: Connor, Ehlers, Dubois, Perfetti. I’d include Morrissey and Helle in there as well, but I’m not sure all Jets fans would.

Everyone else can be has at varying prices and for varying reasons.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wiebe was mentioning Tippet, Joseph and Debrusk as three players that Jets could target to help their forward depth out. I'm not super familiar with Joseph but would be happy with either of the other two.

DeBrusk's contract rules him out, IMO.
Don't really know Joseph much either but he doesn't look a lot better than Brooks. Maybe not any better.
Tippett is interesting.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who are the untouchables on the Jets roster and who are the players Jets fans want to trade and why?

Want to keep:
Dubois, Connor, Perfetti, Ehlers, Morrissey, Hellebuyck to rebuild around.
Everyone else is available for the right price. Even those listed would be available for the right price but the prices would be very high.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Sometimes people get too comfortable and need wake up calls. Perhaps this was his and we start to see the old Scheifele more down the stretch and into next year.
Schiefele is a terrible defensive player he cannot be your first line centre. Move him to the wing pit Perfetti at centre.

Reactions: Orrrules

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not a subscriber...can you elaborate?

We can't really post the article due to forum rules about pay walls. Essentially it's trade ideas from Murat, that the writers for the other team kind of counter, and then who says no. Proposals for Boston, Tampa, Toronto, Washington, NYR, Edmonton, Colorado. I don't think most of Murat's proposals are happening - for example, he suggests Schneider and a 4th for Copp and the NYR writer said Schneider is a non-starter. Colorado's writer said similar about Barron.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Untouchables would be Dubois, Connor, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, and Perfetti.

Tradeables would be the expiring UFAs in Stastny and Copp, as well there's talk of moving one of Dillon or Schmidt. We seem to be torn on which one. If it's either one I'd say Dillon because there's 3 LHD prospects ready to play and one spot for them right now.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Untouchables: Connor, Ehlers, Dubois, Perfetti. I’d include Morrissey and Helle in there as well, but I’m not sure all Jets fans would.

Everyone else can be has at varying prices and for varying reasons.

Any trade of Helle would need to include a top flight goalie prospect plus. Thinking along the lines of Knight, Hart, Cossa, Askarov etc

Reactions: snowkiddin

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Want to keep:
Dubois, Connor, Perfetti, Ehlers, Morrissey, Hellebuyck to rebuild around.
Everyone else is available for the right price. Even those listed would be available for the right price but the prices would be very high.

Agreed

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Helle should be traded. Edmonton, Washington and Buffalo would send in the brinks truck for him. Maybe Power doesn’t want to sign with Buffalo? He could be our #1d and get Levi with him. This would be edmontons only real chance at something to make McDavid happy, they would
Make it rain. Washington doesn’t have goalie stability for Ovis last contract, they have some interesting prospects.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Helle should be traded. Edmonton, Washington and Buffalo would send in the brinks truck for him. Maybe Power doesn’t want to sign with Buffalo? He could be our #1d and get Levi with him. This would be edmontons only real chance at something to make McDavid happy, they would
Make it rain. Washington doesn’t have goalie stability for Ovis last contract, they have some interesting prospects.
Edmonton fans were discussing Gibson...suggested Holloway, Skinner and the 2022 1st. That is decent. Edmonton would have to add Koskinen for CAP reasons. I would want something more but not sure a goalie is going to merit that much.

Last edited:

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
After tonight’s barn burner, Toronto could be really interested in Helle too. Could something around Nylander+ Futures make sense? It would be nearly cap neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad