Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Copper and Stanley and a 1st for Boeser?
Sorry but yuck.

Boeser is not the player that will move the needle much as far as making the Jets contenders. He is a pending rfa they wont be able to afford. And i think that is a overpay.

IF you are trying to make the playoffs, losing Copp's defensive awareness is probably a bad idea since most of the rest of the forwards are clueless in their own end.

From the Canucks I would look at Miller (though they cant afford his salary either).

Last edited:
Reactions: Flair Hay

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think we should be sellers.

Copp and Dillon for sure at the deadline. More significant moves in the offseason. Build around Connor, PLD, Ehlers, Morrissey, Pionk, Demelo and the younglings.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not moving a 1st this season as it's looking like we might be in the draft lottery

Yeah unless things change drastically for the better, and quickly...

If this team can make some noise in the post season, we will be bringing basically everyone back already. Chevy will need to see some kind of evidence we are a top 10 team in the league before dealing a 1st

Reactions: surixon

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I agree don't move the 1st at all we could easily miss the playoffs.

How about sign Kane to a contract?

tenor.gif

Reactions: WolfHouse

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah unless things change drastically for the better, and quickly...

If this team can make some noise in the post season, we will be bringing basically everyone back already. Chevy will need to see some kind of evidence we are a top 10 team in the league before dealing a 1st

We don't have the cap space to add anyone of note anyhow. What we have is what we have this year.

The question becomes does Chevy unload if the team is out but not by much at the deadline.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Copp Stastny for sure I'd try moving

Dillon I'd move also but has the extra year or 2.

I'd try moving Schmidt even, just feel he's not worth the cap

Harkins. Vesalainen Beaulieu are also guys I'd move perhaps as throw ins

Maybe Copp plus Vesalainen for 1st type trade or young RHD like Schneider from NYR

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
yes, but at an eichel price not for a pending ufa and 3rd pairing defensemen..
Not really. They want a 1st round pick and a roster player/prospect. So the same price one would expect for a late season rental. Replace Copp with Lowry for the deal. At least see what Az is willing to do.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think we should be sellers.

Copp and Dillon for sure at the deadline. More significant moves in the offseason. Build around Connor, PLD, Ehlers, Morrissey, Pionk, Demelo and the younglings.

I don't see how you get back the same value on Dillon as you traded for him. Which makes that a bad trade in the first place. I think the Jets are committed to Dillon, as the only veteran physical defenseman who can play top 4 minutes.

I also don't see the Jets going small on defense, as that leads us back to the areas that Calgary exploited 2 years ago.

I could see the Jets maybe moving Stanley to make way for Heinola. Something like Copp and Stanley for Schneider, but jeez Schneider is a blue chip prospect, that the Rangers didn't want to give up for Eichel. I am not sure they aren't happy to have a right side of Fox, Trouba and Schneider to build off of. That's elite.

So maybe Copp for the Rags 1st is within reach.

I think Stastny gets a 2nd and a B prospect.

Beaulieu should get you a 7th for depth on somebody.

And maybe you keep Stanley, and that added size, and just run 7 d with Heinola. Since the forwards will be thin if you trade Copp and Stats. And Wheeler sits out.

Morrissey-Schmidt
Heinola/Dillon-Pionk
Dillon/Stanley/Heinola-De Melo

Connor-Dubois-Svetchnikov
Ehlers-Perfetti-Scheifele
Harkins-Lowry-Reichel
Vesalainen-Gustafsson

Toninato as the extra

Now that's probably some variation of the 2022-23 roster. Add Wheeler. And bump whoever on the right side.

Maybe Nathan Smith earns a spot.

Berdin replaces Comrie. Though I could see the Jets upgrading here, with more Cap space.

Kovacevic probably earns the 7 d spot. Which makes Stanley somewhat more expendable.

If the Jets sign a free agent, well this year it was Svetchnikov and Nash, last year it was Lewis and Nate Thompson, the year before it was Gabriel Bourque, Letestu, and Bitetto, so I wouldn't expect that to be the big change.

If this team doesn't make moves and loses both Copp and Stastny, I think the lack of draft picks, coupled with desertions, leaves the Jets in a talent poor position going forward.

The time frame for Torgersson, Lucius, Chibrikov and Rashevsky to become impact players is probably at the end of the contracts for Scheifele and Wheeler. Not to mention Hellebuyck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Not really. They want a 1st round pick and a roster player/prospect. So the same price one would expect for a late season rental. Replace Copp with Lowry for the deal. At least see what Az is willing to do.
no, if the price of chychrun was only that of a rental it would have been done yesterday.. it's been talked about that they are listening on offers and it would require what eichel got, roster player (tuch)+ top prospect (krebs) + 1st round pick + another pick, that is way more then a rental...

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
no, if the price of chychrun was only that of a rental it would have been done yesterday.. it's been talked about that they are listening on offers and it would require what eichel got, roster player (tuch)+ top prospect (krebs) + 1st round pick + another pick, that is way more then a rental...
We’re talking about Chychrun, not Makar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad