Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't see how there's any possibility we keep Lowry assuming the min he get is 4x4 without moving Perfetti to wing or in a trade for D... you can't pay your 4th line C 4m+. I think you give Stasny 1x5 or 2x4 as a Perfetti stop gap to play 3c depending on if Perfetti looks 1 or 2 years away end of season
I’d rather pay Lowry than stas. He seems more consistent. Lowry both drives play better and defends a much better 3c long term.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
wonder how long we'll run PLD at LW for. I was wondering if we might trade for another top 6 RW at the TDL, however, if PLD is on the Wing for this year, it might not matter.
This is my preference, maybe a smaller acquisition like Savard for D but a big investment into RW. I wonder how Reinhart would fit In here.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
I’d rather pay Lowry than stas. He seems more consistent. Lowry both drives play better and defends a much better 3c long term.

Except Stasny will take 1-2 years Lowry won't. What are you doing with Perfetti if we sign Lowry and have 3 c's locked up? Lowry isn't taking less than 4 years

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Except Stasny will take 1-2 years Lowry won't. What are you doing with Perfetti if we sign Lowry and have 3 c's locked up? Lowry isn't taking less than 4 years
Play Perfetti as a winger as he is not beating out Schief or pld. Perfetti if he’s as good as we think is a waste on the 3rd line. Copp can also play 3c. But ppl are talking bout trading for a rw well Perfetti has become that.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
wheeler, ehlers, appleton is good
then LW lacks, unless PLD is a permanent top 6 LW, which i hope not.

Just listened to PoMo on a podcast recorded Wednesday. He basically said until it stopped working. Hinted at swapping PLD and Stats

im fine with us basically rolling 3 lines, with one of our top 4 Cs (PLD/Scheif/Stastny/Lowry) shifting to W.

However come playoffs, i think they should all centre their own line.

Our RW are Wheeler, Appleton, Lewis. Think another top 6 calibre guy would bode well. But it's not priority #1, but likely the easiest "hole" to fill (viable top 6W are usually heavy in supply compared to top pair D)

X-Scheifele-X
X-PLD-X
X-Stastny-X
X-Lowry-X

LW: Ehlers, Connor, Copp, Perreault
RW: Wheeler, Appleton, Lewis, ????

Think we need another bonafide top 6 guy there.

for rentals; depends who is in/out of POs. I like Tatar (can play both Wings), Armia, Palmieri. Would not move a 1st for them though.

guys with term: Arvidsson i like.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't see how there's any possibility we keep Lowry assuming the min he get is 4x4 without moving Perfetti to wing or in a trade for D... you can't pay your 4th line C 4m+. I think you give Stasny 1x5 or 2x4 as a Perfetti stop gap to play 3c depending on if Perfetti looks 1 or 2 years away end of season

I think it's pretty likely Perfetti moves to the wing anyways. He's not a great long term option at 1 or 2C with Scheif and Dubois here. So naturally he comes in as a top 9 winger and fights but likely loses the battle for a top 6 C spot. Not only are both Scheif and Dubois bigger but they are also better skaters.

Reactions: kellhunter

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think the Jets should extend Lowry, even with Perfetti in the pipeline. I think $4M is a bit high, but the Jets have the general salary structure that allows them to keep effective bottom 6 players beyond their ELCs. As long as Perfetti is on an ELC and Scheifele is at $6M, the Jets should have no problem with their cap hit at forward. Extend PLD at $8-8.5M x 8 years, too.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
A few D I would be scouting would be Murray and Fabbro.

Murray would likely help the 2nd pair left side and is a UFA.

Not sure why the Preds would move Fabbro and he's not a "put us over the top" guy, but he's a RHD, young, and would add good depth to the right.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
A few D I would be scouting would be Murray and Fabbro.

Murray would likely help the 2nd pair left side and is a UFA.

Not sure why the Preds would move Fabbro and he's not a "put us over the top" guy, but he's a RHD, young, and would add good depth to the right.

if it's not a top pair quality RD, imo no real point. Pionk-Demelo are fine in their roles at RD. We need a top pair guy. Is Fabbro that?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
if it's not a top pair quality RD, imo no real point. Pionk-Demelo are fine in their roles at RD. We need a top pair guy. Is Fabbro that?

He's not a top pair guy. But the reason I would inquire is because we'll also need some depth to make a playoff run. And, I think Fabbro could possibly be a long term piece. A real good 3rd pair RHD for now with room for more.

Let's say they traded for both (0 chance but just for discussion sake). For this playoff run you could then have:

JoMo - Demelo
Murray - Pionk
Forbert - Fabbro

With Poolman, Beaulieu, Niku, and Stanley as depth. To also go along with Heinola and Samberg (who could even just be the internal solution after getting more AHL games under their belt.)

I don't think the Jets will go out and get a top pair D at the deadline. I'm not sure one is even available. I think adding some quality depth is a good thing though if possible. Especially if one (Fabbro) could also be a long term piece.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He's not a top pair guy. But the reason I would inquire is because we'll also need some depth to make a playoff run. And, I think Fabbro could possibly be a long term piece. A real good 3rd pair RHD for now with room for more.

Let's say they traded for both (0 chance but just for discussion sake). For this playoff run you could then have:

JoMo - Demelo
Murray - Pionk
Forbert - Fabbro

With Poolman, Beaulieu, Niku, and Stanley as depth. To also go along with Heinola and Samberg (who could even just be the internal solution after getting more AHL games under their belt.)

I don't think the Jets will go out and get a top pair D at the deadline. I'm not sure one is even available. I think adding some quality depth is a good thing though if possible. Especially if one (Fabbro) could also be a long term piece.
idk maurice has had every reason to go JoMo-Demelo and he hasn't for an extended period of time.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
idk maurice has had every reason to go JoMo-Demelo and he hasn't for an extended period of time.

True, but I'm just the GM in this fantasy, I can't understand what's going on in PoMo's head. lol :)

And I don't know what Fabbro would cost, but he's probably already a 2nd pair guy right now actually. I would think something including a young player like Vesalainen. (But still don't know why he would be available).

It would then give the Jets JoMo, Samberg, Heinola as left hand D, and Pionk and Fabbro as RHD 25 years old and under.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
I would be fine dealing a little future for some D help.
I'd give up alot for a top 4 D man with term.
Give up a little for a veteran big Dman as a rental.
I think we have what it takes to make a run to the Cup.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Go all out and get a bona fide 1RHD.
Send DD, Copp, Heinola and a 1st to FL for Ekblad.

Either that or try Slamberg as JMo's partner?
JMo Slamberg
Heinola Poink
Stan the Man Demelo
Niku/Poolman as backups.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What about Dumba from Minny?
6m AAV and 2 more seasons after this one.
DeMelo and a 2022 1st round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad