Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I wonder if we can wait until after the XD to extend Lowry. It'd work best for keeping Harkins in the fold.

The more important extention is Copp though. Should be an interesting offseason when it comes to #3 and #4 centres. Copp, Harkins, Lowry, Stastny, Gustaffson, Perfetti all in play.

Reactions: snowkiddin

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I wonder if we can wait until after the XD to extend Lowry. It'd work best for keeping Harkins in the fold.

The more important extention is Copp though. Should be an interesting offseason when it comes to #3 and #4 centres. Copp, Harkins, Lowry, Stastny, Gustaffson, Perfetti all in play.

I’m not too worried about losing Harkins or Appleton. We have a lot of guys coming up, Perfetti, Gus, Ves.

I’d be mildly worried about losing Berdin because we have nothing in the system for goalies really, but I don’t think the Jets have to make any moves around the XD...let it play out.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I’m not too worried about losing Harkins or Appleton. We have a lot of guys coming up, Perfetti, Gus, Ves.

I’d be mildly worried about losing Berdin because we have nothing in the system for goalies really, but I don’t think the Jets have to make any moves around the XD...let it play out.

I think we are setup pretty good. The only exception is Stanley. He has played very well lately and his stock is rising. I would hate losing him as 6’7” dmen don’t come along very often. I would love to see Wheels pull the ultimate captain move and waive for the XD. I have doubts Seattle would pick a 35yr old making 8+M. That would give us so many more options or the very least, clear 8M to sign Hamilton :nod:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think we are setup pretty good. The only exception is Stanley. He has played very well lately and his stock is rising. I would hate losing him as 6’7” dmen don’t come along very often. I would love to see Wheels pull the ultimate captain move and waive for the XD. I have doubts Seattle would pick a 35yr old making 8+M. That would give us so many more options or the very least, clear 8M to sign Hamilton :nod:
Wheels waiving doesn't help the Stanley issue, given that wouldn't get us to 4 + 4.

Calcutta

Oct 3, 2019
Pionk is going to want paid for his next contract, I'd move him before the xd, let someone else overpay and protect him.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Pionk is going to want paid for his next contract, I'd move him before the xd, let someone else overpay and protect him.

Or qualify him and let Seattle take him depending on how this season goes. Can’t make deals before the XD, would have to make it in season...and all it would do is ensure we lose two players.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
As it stands now, our XD protection list looks to be...
Forwards: Scheifele, PLD, Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Copp, ????
Defence: Morrissey, DeMelo, Pionk
Goalie: Hellebuyck

That ???? In the forward group can be filled with Lowry or Stastny if extended before the draft, or any other player if not.
(This with the obvious assumptions we resign Copp and Pionk)

Last edited:

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
As it stands now, our XD protection list looks to be...
Forwards: Scheifele, PLD, Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Copp, ????
Defence: Morrissey, DeMelo, Pionk
Goalie: Hellebuyck

That ???? In the forward group can be filled with Lowry or Stastny if extended before the draft, or any other player if not.
(This with the obvious assumptions we resign Copp and Pionk)
On Defence, I’m thinking we protect Morrisey, Demelo and Stanley

Reactions: Jetsetter

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
On Defence, I’m thinking we protect Morrisey, Demelo and Stanley
I know we are both projecting right now, but yeah, if Stanley continues his current level of play as his base and improves from here, he is a keeper. This will be very interesting to watch.

I do not see Pionk here long term. No need.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Really really hoping that Carolina don’t have the money/term in their plans to lock Hamilton long term. With Perreault and Stastny’s cap coming off the books this year we should be able to make a sizable offer (8.5 x 7?) that other teams wouldn’t be able to. If we landed him, I think this lineup has enough punch to win us a cup. Assuming Appleton gets taken in the XD.

81-55-26
Perfetti-13-27
12-9-93
19-17-23

44-Hamilton
14-2
Samberg-4

Reactions: DRW204 and Huffer

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Really really hoping that Carolina don’t have the money/term in their plans to lock Hamilton long term. With Perreault and Stastny’s cap coming off the books this year we should be able to make a sizable offer (8.5 x 7?) that other teams wouldn’t be able to. If we landed him, I think this lineup has enough punch to win us a cup. Assuming Appleton gets taken in the XD.

81-55-26
Perfetti-13-27
12-9-93
19-17-23

44-Hamilton
14-2
Samberg-4
I’d flip Samberg and Forbort, but ok

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
He's played like what? 7 minutes a night against Ottawa so far for 3 games? 1 against Toronto where he was sheltered AF against the quicker players?

4 game sample and he's being protected? Lol.
Let’s just watch his path. If we had to submit our protection list today , Obviously not, however I am saying if he gets slightly better throughout the year

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Interesting to start looking at the long term cap situation for the Jets. Whereas before yesterday, the big issue was Laine's potential extension next year. With Stats and Perreault off the books, we can look a little longer out.

Immediate concern is PLD. If he wants to be here, what is he worth? 8?

The next issue is schief. Does he get 9 if PLD gets 8? What kind of term will he be looking for as a 30 year old? That will be a tricky one for chevy, as schief will still be good at the start of his next contract but tail off towards the end of it. You'd want to avoid a "wheeler" situation.

Then there's helly. He'll also be 30 when his deal expires. Will it be time to move on from him?

The good news is that wheeler will be off the books by then, but some of our young d will need new contracts too. Way too early to guess what they might look like.

All in all, it looks like we're in pretty good shape cap-wise for the next few years, even if it stays flat. We may not be able to go out and pay a Doougie Hamilton type, but fewnteaks will.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Tyler Myers still playing like Myers in Van. The people that are saying they want him back should watch him play and remind themselves of what a liability he is in his own zone. Four more years at 6m per year.

Reactions: TheGovernment

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Tyler Myers still playing like Myers in Van. The people that are saying they want him back should watch him play and remind themselves of what a liability he is in his own zone. Four more years at 6m per year.
I'd say he's regressed in VCR. He was never great defensively with the Jets, but my goodness he looks lost with the Canucks. That contract is an albatross. Benning is under the gun, as he should be. That roster is weird. Some very talented players, but a bad mix without enough depth, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad