Trade, FA, Rumour Thread, Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Any idea why Tatar sat for the entire playoffs??

Guy is a reliable 50 point left wing. UFA this summer. Not sure about his underlying numbers, though.

I think we are going to need someone with a little offense to replace Stastny and Copp (assuming this Copp - Dumba thing happens for real and not just in my head)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Did Copp sign a new contract with us today?

A buddy of mine said he heard it this morning but I don't see any confirmation anywhere.

Also note that my buddy drinks too much.

Given that Copp's agent is Kurt Overcharge , and the history we have seen play out with other Jets working with Overcharge, IF Copp does sign with us, it will most likely be last second, not the day after the playoffs end.. . Tell your buddy to put down the bottle.

Reactions: Nedarb and surixon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He is more of a culture GM than he is a mining for value GM. In a league where the talent is so easily distributed, it seems having a great team culture and a top coach is as big a differentiator as any these days...

Did he bring in Trotz?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I believe he did his first off season, I'd need to fact check myself though

Yeah he did

Trotz hired as coach of Islanders after leaving Capitals

I guess to elaborate, what I mean is

Toronto has done nothing bit make pretty damn good value moves and wise investments since Dubas took over personnel wise.

But the team has been more of a country club since Lou left and Babcock was fired (6 months later I believe).

I think that and their playoff struggles are somewhat related for sure.

Reactions: John Agar

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I guess to elaborate, what I mean is

Toronto has done nothing bit make pretty damn good value moves and wise investments since Dubas took over personnel wise.

But the team has been more of a country club since Lou left and Babcock was fired (6 months later I believe).

I think that and their playoff struggles are somewhat related for sure.

To be fair it's not as if Lou and Babcock got Toronto over the hump either.

I think there are certain types of orgs and templates that fit his vision more then others. Toronto wanted to go with a young and skilled vision and Lou has always been defensive minded team guy. He looks good on the Islanders where he and his coach are on the same page with building the Islanders to resemble his 90's and early 2000's devil teams.

Its also one of the reasons I think you need organizational synergy between GM and coach. You can see that the Islanders have that with the GM providing players for the game they want to play.

It's one of the things I dont really see here. Chevy tends to bring in skill but Moe bunkers with his game plan.

Reactions: ecolad

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
To be fair it's not as if Lou and Babcock got Toronto over the hump either.

I think there are certain types of orgs and templates that fit his vision more then others. Toronto wanted to go with a young and skilled vision and Lou has always been defensive minded team guy. He looks good on the Islanders where he and his coach are on the same page with building the Islanders to resemble his 90's and early 2000's devil teams.

Its also one of the reasons I think you need organizational synergy between GM and coach. You can see that the Islanders have that with the GM providing players for the game they want to play.

It's one of the things I dont really see here. Chevy tends to bring in skill but Moe bunkers with his game plan.

There is a bit of difference in philosophy from Chevy and Maurice at times, I agree. But I think overall it is pretty good.

Most fans hate coaches over relying on veterans vs inexperienced younger players with more upside. But it seems every coach in the league does pretty much as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad