GDT: Trade Deadline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Oh so players are entitled to being able to pick their own numbers now when entering the league? lmao. Its all marketing man, take a lap.

Take a lap? It's not my problem you don't understand what you're talking about half the time. You just said let them carve their own identity while saying they can't choose their fav or preferred number. Counter intuitive.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They've been saying they're not going to yo-yo guys, I can't imagine it'll be Leivo up for a week, sent back down Soshnikov up, send him down, and call Loov up, etc, etc.

I expect the 4 guys they use their regular callups on will be here for the remainder of the Leafs regular season.

Leivo, Leipsic, and Percy clearly they want to give these guys a shot, then Nylander is clearly coming up. Sparks is here already. Those 5 guys I figured might be their guys to give a look. Then they go Kapanen, Hyman, and Soshnikov here today. I'm not expecting them to go up and down giving a bunch of different players a chance, and it's just not possible to have 8 guys up 4 on regular recall and 4 on emergency recall. So I don't imagine they'll have any room for all these other guys they called up today. Unless Lou uses his magic to loophole himself into it.

It also could be a cap thing. Only Horton is on LTIR right now, they could be taking on contract and want to get as close to the cap as possible before they LTIR JVR or Lupul or Robidas, or all 3.

So probably Leivo, Leipsic, Percy and Sparks are Leafs, not Marlies today depending on trades.

That would leave 4 regular call-ups for whoever they decide, and if they run into major issues emergency call-ups.

Nylander, Kapanen, Soshnikov and Hyman regular call-ups.

Could be a good chunk of x-Marlies to finish the season, again depending on trades.

Leafs could of course waive the rentals they are not able to trade and hope someone picks them off waivers.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Take a lap? It's not my problem you don't understand what you're talking about half the time. You just said let them carve their own identity while saying they can't choose their fav or preferred number. Counter intuitive.

News flash: young players dont pick their numbers. Lou likes low numbers. Accept it and move on.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
I don't know what's more painful, watching Sportsnet on deadline day or that Stroumboulopoulos is more concerned about his wardrope than the deadline, UGHHHHHH

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So probably Leivo, Leipsic, Percy and Sparks are Leafs, not Marlies today depending on trades.

That would leave 4 regular call-ups for whoever they decide, and if they run into major issues emergency call-ups.

Nylander, Kapanen, Soshnikov and Hyman regular call-ups.

Could be a good chunk of x-Marlies to finish the season, again depending on trades.

Leafs could of course waive the rentals they are not able to trade and hope someone picks them off waivers.

I'm operating on the assumption that they want all these guys on the Marlies playoff team, so they would all be down at 3 ET and can only call 4 up. They just sent Leivo and Leipsic down so it's quite a reasonable thought. It would be a good experience for all of them.

If they indeed do that they can't have all 8/9 of these guys on the team at the same time, and I don't expect yo-yoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad