GDT: Trade Deadline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Kadri and the Pittsburgh draft pick (including all conditions) is probably more in line with reality?

I think Kadri or Gardiner would have to be involved in any Drouin trade potentially.

Matt Carle and his contract coming back could help balance this out.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I think Kadri or Gardiner would have to be involved in any Drouin trade potentially.

Matt Carle and his contract coming back could help balance this out.

Trading Gardiner is a hard no for me. With Kadri's expected salary increase at the end of the year, I don't think it would be a bad trade.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Ottawa has shut down Kyle Turris indefinitely and are now looking for a C. They do have interest in Kadri.

:sens

Nazem Kadri

:leafs

Thomas Chabot
1st '16

They have a 6% chance of making the playoffs. They are not in desperate need for a centre. Why would they do this?

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I still think that Leafs management is going to stick with Kadri in this rebuild.

I always go back to how Babcock uses the player . . . for players to be dealt, he put them in the EASIEST position to succeed. For players that Babcock sees having a longer future here, he puts them in positions to grow and learn and get better, not necessarily a position to pad one's stats.

Kadri is in the latter position. And I think Babcock and Lou (with Shanahan giving head nods) will be on the same page in terms of direction and player movement.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 42s42 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Nylander, Hyman, Soshnikov, Connor Carrick, Colin Smith, Kapanen, and Laich to dress for the Leafs tonight. #TMLtalk

ahh Connor

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Lou has been working his ass off the last month. Hes in the home stretch right now.

Hoping for one big move besides moving pap

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
To do that without knowing how the lottery will fall, or how Nylander will fair at centre in the NHL is very risky IMO.

I don't see it either. Next year Kadri will be playing the hard minutes and sheltering Nylander. I see a 5x5 contract extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad