Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
But, the Red Wings aren't about to part with assets (prospects, draft picks) unless they feel they have a real good chance to make the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure it's "really good" and not "real good," unless Khan has taken to writing like Babcock talks.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
if KH trades away a 1st rd pick in any year to come, or any of our top 10 prospects for any player over 30 not named Gaborik or Bouwmeester I want him fired on the spot as it would clearly be a sign of a man only concerned with his reputation as oppossed to the good of the franchise.

only trade for guys 30 and under who fit into our long term plan and who are signed beyond this season

otherwise trade away all our UFA's for prospects and/or picks and just accept reality and let the kids learn by losing

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Holland said he would only consider a trade at the deadline if they did well.

Ken Holland's your guy if you want someone to consider doing something. There ain't a better considerer than Ken Holland. He probably felt dirty when Mike Babcock pressured him from considering to actually trading a draft pick for Brad Stuart. :shakehead

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
So... from Babcock:

“Bert and Helmer and Sammy (Mikael Samuelsson) have been on our roster, but I haven't seen them. It would be like a trade-deadline deal (getting one or two back). It would be unbelievable to have them."

Sounds familiar.

:laugh: Yup. Saw this on my phone while at a buddy's house watching NCAA games this afternoon, immediately read it to him and neither of us were surprised in the least. Figured the board would be having fun with that one, too.

Is that quote an olive branch from Babcock to Holland? It certainly sounds like something right out of the KH playbook.

OR... is it a passive-aggressive shot across the bow from Babcock at the GM, kinda mocking Kenny for his go-to lines when nothing significant happens at the TDL? It'd be awesome if this was the case... not likely, but awesome nonetheless.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
OR... is it a passive-aggressive shot across the bow from Babcock at the GM, kinda mocking Kenny for his go-to lines when nothing significant happens at the TDL? It'd be awesome if this was the case... not likely, but awesome nonetheless.

That kind of passive-agressiveness doesn't seem to be Babcock's style. But it would be awesome.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
:laugh: Yup. Saw this on my phone while at a buddy's house watching NCAA games this afternoon, immediately read it to him and neither of us were surprised in the least. Figured the board would be having fun with that one, too.

Is that quote an olive branch from Babcock to Holland? It certainly sounds like something right out of the KH playbook.

I think Babs is trolling Ken Holland hard. :laugh:

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Have to think Abdelkader's value just went up a little bit. 3G 1A 4pts +4!!!!!! WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Have to think Abdelkader's value just went up a little bit. 3G 1A 4pts +4!!!!!! WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Other GM - "So how about Abdelkader for a 2nd?"

Kenny- "did you see last nights game!"

OGM - "yes that's why I'm offering anything"

Kenny - "idk I'm think about that random top 4 D"

OGM - "For Abdelkader!?!"

Kenny - "yeah he's always doing stuff like that in practice, that's why Pavel Datsyuk
personally begged me to put him on his wing"

OGM - "ummmm.... what about Cleary? you toss in Cleary and its a deal"

Kenny - "WHAT!!!! yeah maybe for a 1st round pick and your next grandson"

OGM - "I'm going to hang up now"

Kenny - "ok, you have a nice day"

Calls Pav

Pav - "hey Ken hows up? did you see my Facebook pic of my cat watching the game? awesome right"

Kenny - "yeah real cute. so bad news the deadline just passed and I couldn't trade Abby."

Pav - "what?... so are you telling me you had me give him 5 goals for nothing..."

Kenny - "sorry pav"

Pav - "I had to dress as him against the ducks and gave him my 1st ever hat trick"

Kenny - "there was nothing I could do they demanded way to much and wanted to give way to little."

Pav - "so what about Cleary is he off my wing? you promised"

Kenny - "no, they refused to offer even a 3rd round pick"

Pav - "1 more year"

Kenny - "what now?"

Pav Hangs up

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Other GM - "So how about Abdelkader for a 2nd?"

Kenny- "did you see last nights game!"

OGM - "yes that's why I'm offering anything"

Kenny - "idk I'm think about that random top 4 D"

OGM - "For Abdelkader!?!"

Kenny - "yeah he's always doing stuff like that in practice, that's why Pavel Datsyuk
personally begged me to put him on his wing"

OGM - "ummmm.... what about Cleary? you toss in Cleary and its a deal"

Kenny - "WHAT!!!! yeah maybe for a 1st round pick and your next grandson"

OGM - "I'm going to hang up now"

Kenny - "ok, you have a nice day"

Calls Pav

Pav - "hey Ken hows up? did you see my Facebook pic of my cat watching the game? awesome right"

Kenny - "yeah real cute. so bad news the deadline just passed and I couldn't trade Abby."

Pav - "what?... so are you telling me you had me give him 5 goals for nothing..."

Kenny - "sorry pav"

Pav - "I had to dress as him against the ducks and gave him my 1st ever hat trick"

Kenny - "there was nothing I could do they demanded way to much and wanted to give way to little."

Pav - "so what about Cleary is he off my wing? you promised"

Kenny - "no, they refused to offer even a 3rd round pick"

Pav - "1 more year"

Kenny - "what now?"

Pav Hangs up

This is "fahntahstic"

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The Wings won't be in the Western conference next season (right?) so it's possible teams that are selling in the West are more open to trading with Detroit at the deadline.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
morrow to the pens for morrow...

huh, i would assume this means they're out of any Iggy talks?

Iggy to Boston or LA I would asusme.

LA would have to blow Calgary away for them to trade him there, unless Iginla reassures Calgary he'll be returning as a UFA next season.

I doubt Calgary wants to trade him to someone that will be in their division next season.

I think Chicago is a more likely destination than LA.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
LA would have to blow Calgary away for them to trade him there, unless Iginla reassures Calgary he'll be returning as a UFA next season.

I doubt Calgary wants to trade him to someone that will be in their division next season.

I think Chicago is a more likely destination than LA.

Yeah Iginla to the Hawks is something I could definitely see. Of course the Flames always overvalue their guys so they could end up asking for too much and blow their shot at getting anything for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad