Status
Not open for further replies.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Who cares what his value is in 2 years?

Uh, Winnipeg?

They could trade Burmistrov now, when his value is low. Or they can wait 1-2 years, see if he improves as projected, and if not....trade him when his value is low. They gain little by selling him now, lose nothing by keeping him for a few more years and seeing if he improves.

He's 21 for god's sake.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I highly doubt he's available. You don't trade a former top 10 pick at the age of 21 when his value is at an all-time low, regardless of whether he's a healthy scratch or not. At worst, his value in 1-2 years will be no less than it is now.

Lars Eller?

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Uh, Winnipeg?

They could trade Burmistrov now, when his value is low. Or they can wait 1-2 years, see if he improves as projected, and if not....trade him when his value is low. They gain little by selling him now, lose nothing by keeping him for a few more years and seeing if he improves.

He's 21 for god's sake.

Sorry, I was referring to the Red Wings organization. I agree, the idea of Winnipeg trading him is idiotic on it's face. I was responding the the person suggesting the Red Wings should wait 1-2 years. In which case, he might be more valuable to the Jets... or too late to help us now. Or just cost us too much. And by too much, I mean we might have to offer a pick or an unproven (but "promising") prospect... oh the humanity.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Lars Eller?

You mean the guy that had 57 points in 70 AHL games as a 20 year old Dman and then had 2 goals in 7 NHL games as a 21 year old right before he was shipped off as the main piece in a trade for a young stud goaltender? That guy?

You missed that whole part about trading a 21 year old former top 10 pick when his value is at an all-time low.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
So how about Ferraro, Cleary, White and a 3rd for Jagr, Robidas and Pittsburgh's 5th.

This is terrible for Dallas and not even close to what they could land. Setting aside the fact that Cleary has an NTC that he certainly won't waive for a bottom feeder, he has zero value in this trade as he is a dime-a-dozen player, the likes of which Dallas could pick up during free agency for a pittance. White is coming off one of his worst seasons in years and doesn't even begin to make up for the loss of Robidas. They could likewise sign someone of White's stature during free agency if they so cared.

Dallas is rebuilding. The only way they're going to agree to mediocre UFAs coming back the other way is if its merely to balance out the salary.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
This is terrible for Dallas and not even close to what they could land. Setting aside the fact that Cleary has an NTC that he certainly won't waive for a bottom feeder, he has zero value in this trade as he is a dime-a-dozen player, the likes of which Dallas could pick up during free agency for a pittance. White is coming off one of his worst seasons in years and doesn't even begin to make up for the loss of Robidas. They could likewise sign someone of White's stature during free agency if they so cared.

Dallas is rebuilding. The only way they're going to agree to mediocre UFAs coming back the other way is if its merely to balance out the salary.

Cleary's NTC has expired. According to Capgeek anyway.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Could Ryan Clowe be a Red Wing soon.

Just saw a rumor about a possible swap with Detroit and San Jose Involving Ryan Clowe and Valtteri Filppula on one of the Detroit trade rumor sites. I personaly think that we can do better then Clowe. I sure hope this Is'nt true he's not playing good at all this year and hopefully Val Is better after his Injury and starts to perform better.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Just saw a rumor about a possible swap with Detroit and San Jose Involving Ryan Clowe and Valtteri Filppula on one of the Detroit trade rumor sites. I personaly think that we can do better then Clowe. I sure hope this Is'nt true he's not playing good at all this year and hopefully Val Is better after his Injury and starts to perform better.

That was floated around the trade rumors board a few weeks ago as a proposal, and I guess that's where it was picked up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
Well I was hoping for Jimmy Howards sake we would pick up Douglas Murray a nasty responsible stay at home blue liner, but oh well, he is Penguin bound.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Any chance we have 7 NHL guys ready by the trade deadline? Murray just got SJ 2 2nds so I'd like us to move White when possible. :D:naughty:

With the farm swelling, and some guys on short term contracts in a seller's market, I'd think it'd be a great idea to sell off some easily replaceable parts for a fortune.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Well I was hoping for Jimmy Howards sake we would pick up Douglas Murray a nasty responsible stay at home blue liner, but oh well, he is Penguin bound.

Penguins not afraid to pull the trigger. I wish the Red Wings had the balls to do the same. Although its easier for them to dish out thier draft picks when they will be stacked for Years.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
You have a better chance of being hit by a plane that got brought down by a meteor than seeing any player on the Wings roster being traded.

Ian White is probably already in Ken Hollands will.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Penguins not afraid to pull the trigger. I wish the Red Wings had the balls to do the same. Although its easier for them to dish out thier draft picks when they will be stacked for Years.

That was a really bad trade. They can do that, but these two moves are confusing from an asset point of view. If they win it all fine, but if not they just gave up a big chunk for a couple guys that are a shadow of their former abilities.

Though both players should be better off in the slower eastern conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad