Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
April 3rd is coming fast and so are the trade rumors. What moves do you see being made? What moves would you make? Who should be put on the trading block? State your reasons if applicable.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Jiri Hudler will be wearing a red jersey at the trade deadline...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I'll take Hudler back if we can acquire him in a trade that sends you to the Flames board so we don't ever have to hear your Hudler-bias posts again.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

This color Red though...

calgary-flames-current-red.jpg

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Extremely hard to predict sellers at this point.

I think we should be on the look for long-term options at defense, like the rest of the year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If we get Weiss or Myers I'll do a backflip. Unless we get robbed.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Do you think Hudler is worth $4million a year? For 4 years?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't walk into that trap!

we like our team*

someone returning from an injury will be our deadline acquisition

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We're going to trade for one of: Leopold, Ehrhoff, Yandle, Bouwmeester. Book it.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Do you think Hudler is worth $4million a year? For 4 years?

Absolutely. Hudler is a top-line scoring forward who is above average in his own end. He is beginning his prime, and should have some pretty strong years with Calgary.

BTW, Hudler has as many points as Filppula right now (seven), but Hudler has played six games to Filppula's 12 and Hudler, unlike Filppula, is the best player on his line.

Maybe you should be considering how much Filppula's worth.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Hopefully we do nothing and sit tight. I'd rather we don't trade away any of our picks or our youngsters (unless a young high upside player is put on the market). I'm fine with us standing pat and doing nothing, the prices will be crazy once again & we really aren't 1 piece away from being a championship team. Save our resources when the prices come down.

With all of that said if we could move Quincey+ for a youngish (28 or younger) defensive dman I would hope Holland & Co. would jump on it.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
I don't want this to come off as another "lolz kenn holand iz teh suc!!!!1!1" kind of post, but the fact remains; to make a real splash at the deadline would require him to ruffle a few feathers and actually, you know, trade a roster player, and I just don't think he's capable of that anymore. The man is the utter definition of complacency at this point.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad