Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The wings actually need to move some bodies though, they have too much depth at forward. Nyquist and Tatar should be on the playoff roster and even if they get hurt Sheahan or Ferraro would be able to step right in and do as well as any of the other guys in the bottom 6.

Edge of Sanity*

Tyler Myers is absolutely awful, I don't want anything to do with him. Guy has sucked ever since his rookie year.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
That was a really bad trade. They can do that, but these two moves are confusing from an asset point of view. If they win it all fine, but if not they just gave up a big chunk for a couple guys that are a shadow of their former abilities.

Though both players should be better off in the slower eastern conference.

Both the Morrow and Murray trades look like good ones for Pittsburgh to me. Both are past their prime, but both still have value and fill roles the Pens were looking to fill. They are similar to moves the Wings have made prior to winning most, if not all, of their recent Cups.

The second 2nd that the Pens gave up was conditional. Anyone know what the conditions are? Games played?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Both the Morrow and Murray trades look like good ones for Pittsburgh to me. Both are past their prime, but both still have value and fill roles the Pens were looking to fill. They are similar to moves the Wings have made prior to winning most, if not all, of their recent Cups.

The second 2nd that the Pens gave up was conditional. Anyone know what the conditions are? Games played?

I'm reading that if the Pens make it past the 2nd round it is a 2nd, if they do not it would be a 3rd (both 2014). Him re-signing with Pittsburgh doesn't seem to come into the equation.

edit: I agree they are solid players to have around. I don't think they were worth anything close to what Shero gave up, though. But if we were as high in the standings and our cupboard was as stocked, I'd understand it. Still think it is all a little rich, though. We got Brad Stuart for less, for crying out loud.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I'm reading that if the Pens make it past the 2nd round it is a 2nd, if they do not it would be a 3rd (both 2014). Him re-signing with Pittsburgh doesn't seem to come into the equation.

Yeah, I figured re-signing wasn't part of it, since I doubt they are bent on re-signing him anyway. The playoff advancement makes sense though.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Tyler Myers is absolutely awful, I don't want anything to do with him. Guy has sucked ever since his rookie year.

Tyler Myers would look pretty great in Detroit if you ask me. Would rather him then Jay Bo. Depends what theyre looking for in a trade but hes still only 23 and on an awful team. The 2 years after his rookie season he had pretty nice numbers too

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I really hope we get DeKeyser and trade White. White should be able to fetch at least a 2nd.

I would trade Cleary too but I know that will never happen

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I'm probably more optimistic about the Wings' chances this year than 95% of posters here, but if they could get something like Biggs+1st for Filppula how can you say no?

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I'm probably more optimistic about the Wings' chances this year than 95% of posters here, but if they could get something like Biggs+1st for Filppula how can you say no?

The most important part is we have to decide if we can sign Filppula to extension ASAP. If we decide not to re-sign Filp, we should field offers.

If we know Filp doesn't want to sign with us(or out of our price range), I will take 1st + good prospect every time over ~20 games of Filp.

RedWingsNow*

The most important part is we have to decide if we can sign Filppula to extension ASAP. If we decide not to re-sign Filp, we should field offers.

If we know Filp doesn't want to sign with us(or out of our price range), I will take 1st + good prospect every time over ~20 games of Filp.

Sure. But what message are you sending to your team if you do that?

I'm for a deal.
I don't mind trading away a guy like Cleary or excess like White -- Guys who can easily be replaced or even improved on from within.

But I don't see wisdom in trading a Filppula, however.

You don't tell your team to go out and bust their ass while you're throwing in the towel

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

The Wings want to re-sign Filppula and are currently negotiating with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad