Speculation: Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
tumblr_lomxe8cTE31qiakeo.gif

He's got as many goals as Brunner.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
There was just an article quoting Holland, he said its difficult because you grow attached to the guys in your system and its like a family. You get to know them and their families. He was talking about the importance of keeping the emotion out of decisions but clearly it effects his decision making.

Link? Who published the article?

The Korean*

You are right, a bag would have been a massive overpayment. What was I thinking? :facepalm:

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Found the link. Here it is.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-catchy-uppy-post-injury-updates-trade-talk-and-prospect-gnus?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"It's definitely a tense time." No one knows this better than Red Wings general manager Ken Holland, the man with holding the hammer in any potential move the team might opt to make between now and Wednesday's 3 p.m. EST deadline.

"For me, the best way I can do my job is to take the emotion out of it," Holland said. "The fans just see them on TV or see them play. I know their wives. I know their families. I see a different side. When they play hard for you every day, you get attached to them, so you've got to take the emotion out, especially if they're young people and they go through your system."

Holland still recalls the first deal he did as GM, even if some of the details escape him.

"I remember the first trade I made as a manager, Jamie Pushor for a defenceman from Anaheim (Dmitri Mironov)," he said. "It was tough. I was the chief scout when we took him in the second round out of Lethbridge (WHL)," Holland recalled. "I'd go visit him after the game. I watched him grow through junior hockey into pro in the American Hockey League. You get to know him as a person and how bad they want to play for the Red Wings. I took him into a room to tell him and Jamie was devastated."

Holland held a similar conversation Sunday with defenceman Kent Huskins, informing him he was now a Philadelphia Flyer.

Even though he was only briefly a Wing, the move still reverberated through the room.

"Everybody's a brother in this room and all of a sudden you lose one of you brothers because they are looking for something different in the lineup to help us win," [Brendan] Smith said. It feels really weird, especially when it is your stall mate, or your linemate that you end up losing."

Clearly he gets attached to the players, He said you have to take the emotion out of it but based on what he's done with Cleary, Bert and other guys it does affect him.

Detroit Sports*

Burmistrov would make me love Holland forever. (not that he cares about me but still!)

I would like this move as well, what would it even take though? Also he shows flashes but doesn't score a lot of points.He is very young though...

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I forget where I read it, but there was a little article posted on some Wings blog site that talked about Datsyuk sending sticks/ equipment back to his former team, or his hometown team, or some team in Russia that he had ties to, and he was sending stuff back for Burmi to use. Is there enough of a link there? One can hope. Burmistrov could learn a lot from Datsyuk, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad