Speculation: Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Found the link. Here it is.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-catchy-uppy-post-injury-updates-trade-talk-and-prospect-gnus?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Clearly he gets attached to the players, He said you have to take the emotion out of it but based on what he's done with Cleary, Bert and other guys it does affect him.

I don't think that we can say that definitively. The Wings have always had a certain culture about them, one that takes care of their players more than most other organizations (and which has also been a huge factor in our success the past 20 years), but that doesn't mean that every time there is someone on the roster that we don't think should be there it is because Holland is being emotional. He has traded away players before, which was not easy for him, as he states. But he still did it.

As for what's said in the interview specifically, I don't think there's anything there that doesn't apply to virtually all NHL GMs (with a couple exceptions; some guys do seem to be robots, but I don't think they are collectively any better than non-emotionless-robot GMs). You have guys in your system long enough, get to know them, observe their sacrifices, and there's an attachment. And on the flip side, as Holland states, you try to take the emotion out of roster building for the sake of the organization. I just don't see anything in this interview that's an indictment of Holland's perceived deficiencies. Just my take.

Thanks for the link.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Burmistrov would make me love Holland forever. (not that he cares about me but still!)

I would love it but don't know too much about Burmistrov but he seems to be young with a lot of potential. Can learn from Dats and Z. :yo:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I would love it but don't know too much about Burmistrov but he seems to be young with a lot of potential. Can learn from Dats and Z. :yo:

The story goes he couldn't afford equipment as a kid so Datsyuk hooked him up. Years later he was a top draft pick.

That's much of the appeal people have with having Datsyuk mentor him.

Edit: whoops its been mentioned.

Slow day today. Burmi moving would be big news.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm at work and its 1:30. Someone tell me why the hell White hasn't been traded yet?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
My first search for comparisons for Burmistrov rendered "Pavel Datsyuk" if that's saying anything.

Just read the thread in the trade forum. Sounds promising. Id do what we could to aquire him. He has a year to 3 or more to learn from Datsyuk and Z to become out C1/C2. Sounds promising. He also has a little bit of size for Babcock.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I really want Burmistrov, but I ain't getting my hopes up.

They're saying Winnipeg wants a Top 6 forward in return. Would something built around Filppula be a lateral move for us?

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
oh well, if Helene St. James is right, then holland is just being silly. if he didn't want to move picks or prospects for a top6 forward, he could at least have shifted ian white for a 2nd or sth. bah.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I really want Burmistrov, but I ain't getting my hopes up.

They're saying Winnipeg wants a Top 6 forward in return. Would something built around Filppula be a lateral move for us?

Not a lateral move at all. Burmistrov's potential is way higher.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
oh well, if Helene St. James is right, then holland is just being silly. if he didn't want to move picks or prospects for a top6 forward, he could at least have shifted ian white for a 2nd or sth. bah.

Sending a 1st and or prospects would be worth it for a Burmistrov type of trade.

I understand not moving a 1st for a J-bo but a 21 yr old with 1C potential and is like Datsyuk. :help:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Glad we aren't moving picks/prospects. Little frustrated it looks like we aren't moving 'depth' to add some picks. Uneventful bleh deadline. Least the tigers play today...

crashman

It would have been nice if a team wanted our garbage.

I think the Quincey trade may have scared Holland from wanting to make trades going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad