Speculation: Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red? (Part 2) (MOD warning #661)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Holland is not interested in moving roster players - Khan on Twitter

I don't see how he can say that with a straight face omg....so many players that should be moved on this team. I would much rather not make the playoffs and just move some scraps for pics and get some younger guys playing experience.

RedWingsNow*

TSN saying Goligoski could be available?

I don't think we would have to give up a ton for him, plus his contract isn't bad. I would kick the tires on that one.

But where does he fit?
A small, lefthanded offensive defenseman....

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Goligoski is actually a right-handed shooter. In any case- Eklund is saying Campbell to Detroit is possible, and Filppula is in high demand.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
i 100% support the notion that kenny is selling of not moving our first rd pick or top prospects for rentals, its a smart no wait brillant plan because we're not a contending team and rentals wont help us one iota

that said and knowing that as kenny has stated thats the truth then why not move out pending UFA's for picks, guys not part of our future whose presence has no bearing on our playoff success this year and who potentially could bring in a hidden gem, or allow us to pckg picks to move up in the draft or perhaps even use those extra picks in a deal at the draft?

it makes absolutely no sense business wise whatsoever

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
Goligoski is actually a right-handed shooter. In any case- Eklund is saying Campbell to Detroit is possible, and Filppula is in high demand.

Holland will re-sign Flip because he pays players based on potential and he's familiar with Flip. They're like a family. The team we have is the team we're stuck with.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I highly doubt this. These myths will eventually be busted.

There was just an article quoting Holland, he said its difficult because you grow attached to the guys in your system and its like a family. You get to know them and their families. He was talking about the importance of keeping the emotion out of decisions but clearly it effects his decision making.

crashman

There was just an article quoting Holland, he said its difficult because you grow attached to the guys in your system and its like a family. You get to know them and their families. He was talking about the importance of keeping the emotion out of decisions but clearly it effects his decision making.

The way is see it is, since they know that they have no chance at being the model franchise talent and succsess-wise anymore, they want to be the model franchise for how they treat staff and players.

And lets be honest, most fans don't give a damn about that, apparently free-agents don't really either.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
So now i'm being told that since he's going to see the specalist (Bert) that if they say its going to be a while, then he'll hang them up.
Idk.

that's the last time i listen to a family member who has info.. oh well, ill take the heat on this one..

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'd trade for Jagr in a heartbeat. He is still better than anyone on our team not named "Pavel."

Holland had his chance when Jagr came over from the KHL. As usual, Kenny blanched at fulfilling a need. Not sure why anyone expects anything else to happen at this point in Holland's career. All we can hope is he retires or gets promoted soon so either Nill or Stevie Y can fulfill the actual duties of managing an NHL team.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Holland had his chance when Jagr came over from the KHL. As usual, Kenny blanched at fulfilling a need. Not sure why anyone expects anything else to happen at this point in Holland's career. All we can hope is he retires or gets promoted soon so either Nill or Stevie Y can fulfill the actual duties of managing an NHL team.

I don't understand why people think Yzerman will either leave Tampa Bay for no reason or why they think he is some magical solution.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I imagine he also grows quite attached to the imaginary family of the first round draft pick for 2014. SMH

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Holland and Nill's 5-year contracts will end at July 2015. That will be a big turning point for the whole Franchise.

- New arena
- Devellano retires from Senior Vice President duties (he is 72-year old then)
- Holland takes Devellano's spot as Senior Vice President and Alternate Governor
- Jim Nill becomes a GM
- Mike Babcock's 4-year contract will end
- Jeff Blashill becomes the new Head coach (if Babcock is not fired before, then this could happen earlier)
- We hire new assistant GM somewhere, or promote some scout from the organization on that duty
- Prospect core from great 2010-12 drafts starts hitting it's prime...

I don't understand why people think Yzerman will either leave Tampa Bay for no reason or why they think he is some magical solution.

I think he could have some strong voice to get free agents. If Steve freaking Yzerman calls you and wants your services, you don't say no for him. :nod:

I think we'll see Yzerman-era as our GM in the far future, but it will happen after the Jim Nill -era.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad