Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Massively overpaid....LOL by what, 1-2mil? On a decline, he is having his best season in a couple of years.

I'd expect to get something, better than the nothing you thought he would get.
Alright. You get something for Toews. But it's very, very little. For Crawford, you get nothing. For Seabrook, you get nothing. For Keith, you get very little.

Blowing up the core nets very little, aside from Kane, who can net you a future franchise player. So why even bother with the other vets? Let them retire as Hawks. They suck, nobody wants them.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Define massively overpaid. How must do you think a ~70 point 2 way center is worth?

Prolly more like 60-70. But your point still stands.

His PPG this year is right around his career average, which is a solid number. He's probably overpaid by 1-2m depending on how he finishes the rest of the season. If he ends up in the upper 60s in points, or even breaking 70, I'd argue he isn't even overpaid.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Alright. You get something for Toews. But it's very, very little. For Crawford, you get nothing. For Seabrook, you get nothing. For Keith, you get very little.

Blowing up the core nets very little, aside from Kane, who can net you a future franchise player. So why even bother with the other vets? Let them retire as Hawks. They suck, nobody wants them.

You have a terrible grasp of NHL player valuation.

Go look at the last few trade deadlines. Take a look at what lesser players have brought back. Then tell me they suck, and you get very little for a Toews, Crawford, or Keith at the deadline. :laugh:

Last year...

Detroit got a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Tatar.
Buffalo got a 1st, 4th, and prospect for Evander Kane
Blues got a 1st for Stastny
Hawks got a 1st, 4th, Ejdsell for Hartman - Hahahaha, but Toews, Keith, or Crow would be worth "very little"
Hawks got a 3rd for Kempny

Nah. Couldn't get shit for Keith, Toews, or Crawford. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

Scorcher.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and BK

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Dubinsky
Hayden - Kampf - Perlini/Barratt

Keith - Joker
Murphy - Gus
Forsling - Mitchell

Bob
Delia

WIN CUP!!!

we moved out AA and Manning to make even more room for Panarin...

this team would be a playoff contender folks...

Gustuvson in the Top 4?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You have a terrible grasp of NHL player valuation.

Go look at the last few trade deadlines. Take a look at what lesser players have brought back. Then tell me they suck, and you get very little for a Toews, Crawford, or Keith at the deadline. :laugh:

Last year...

Detroit got a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Tatar.
Buffalo got a 1st, 4th, and prospect for Evander Kane
Blues got a 1st for Stastny
Hawks got a 1st, 4th, Ejdsell for Hartman - Hahahaha, but Toews, Keith, or Crow would be worth "very little"
Hawks got a 3rd for Kempny

Nah. Couldn't get **** for Keith, Toews, or Crawford. :sarcasm:
all of those names Tatar, Stastny, Hartman, Kane...the Evander one, etc are all better players than Toews, Keith, Crow, Saad, etc...you didn't f***ing get the memo on this at last weeks HF troll meeting???

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I really do think Gus won’t be here much longer. He just doesn’t have the brain capacity to be a top 4 dman. Next year, I’m willing to bet at least one of the kids passes him, and he will become expendable.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
No interest in giving out a long term big money to Bob or any goalie really. Too much risk. He makes 7.4 currently. He's going to want that at least, for probably 4 or so years? No thank you.

I agree that is too much for Bob. Spend on forward help and wait for the young D to come along and see what Nalimov and Delia got

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
all of those names Tatar, Stastny, Hartman, Kane...the Evander one, etc are all better players than Toews, Keith, Crow, Saad, etc...you didn't ****ing get the memo on this at last weeks HF troll meeting???
None of them were paid 10.5 per year, and the cap still exists the last I checked.

So, thanks for your opinion, but you are wrong and I am right.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Dubinsky
Hayden - Kampf - Perlini/Barratt

Keith - Joker
Murphy - Gus
Forsling - Mitchell

Bob
Delia

WIN CUP!!!

we moved out AA and Manning to make even more room for Panarin...

this team would be a playoff contender folks...

Stone-Toews-Kakko
DeBrincat-Strome-Kane
Saad-Anisimov-Sikura/Kahun
Hayden-Kampf-Perlini

Forsling-Joker
Keith-Mitchell
Dahlstrom/Gus-Murphy
Seabrook

Bobrovsky as a UFA pickup after Crawford is moved FOR [not with] assets at the deadline.
Delia

Reactions: AmericanDream

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Just go away. I'm confident in saying pretty much nobody here agrees with you or cares to read your crap.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lawton didn't even list Barratt as a top 3 forward for the organization...yikes..

Kurashev, Nordgren and Kayumov top 3 forwards...says all 3 will be NHLers and expects all three at the WJC..

Boqvist, Beaudin and Mitchell top 3 dmen...

he said McD/Bowman will have to buy down Seabs and his contract down, meaning they will pay off 25-30% of his deal that is left to move him...so a team will take Seabs because we have paid down a third of what is left on his contract (actual money) as Seabs was front loaded as well...says this will help another team needing to reach the floor but will not have to pay much of his actual dollars...and said yes Seabs has to agree to the move as well..

Hawks will be aggressive at the free agent market next year - lots of good names out there, said do not do much this year, ride it out, use top picks next draft to further the rebuild and get a few smart FA's in the summer....

he says we are 2 years away from getting back to the playoff track depending on what we do with FA's...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Lawton didn't even list Barratt as a top 3 forward for the organization...yikes..

Kurashev, Nordgren and Kayumov top 3 forwards...says all 3 will be NHLers and expects all three at the WJC..

Boqvist, Beaudin and Mitchell top 3 dmen...

he said McD/Bowman will have to buy down Seabs and his contract down, meaning they will pay off 25-30% of his deal that is left to move him...so a team will take Seabs because we have paid down a third of what is left on his contract (actual money) as Seabs was front loaded as well...says this will help another team needing to reach the floor but will not have to pay much of his actual dollars...and said yes Seabs has to agree to the move as well..

Hawks will be aggressive at the free agent market next year - lots of good names out there, said do not do much this year, ride it out, use top picks next draft to further the rebuild and get a few smart FA's in the summer....

he says we are 2 years away from getting back to the playoff track depending on what we do with FA's...
and for me..... this is thoroughly on me, i think 2 yrs is too much. we have no choice to mark off this yr as a waste and the org make the best of it. but the key players are not getting younger.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
and for me..... this is thoroughly on me, i think 2 yrs is too much. we have no choice to mark off this yr as a waste and the org make the best of it. but the key players are not getting younger.

There’s not much we can do about that beside mortgage the next decade by trading Boqvist, Mitchell, and Jokiharju.

There are no FAs that can step in and be a difference-making D like these guys could be in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad