Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
To Cgy: Corey Crawford, Eric Gustafsson
To Chi: Oliver Kylington, Mike Smith, 2020 2nd (2020 1st if they win the cup)
--
To Pit: Brandon Saad
To Chi: 2019 Boston 1st, 2019 Pittsburgh 2nd
To Bos: Derick Brassard
--

2019-20 offseason
Artemi Panarin - 10.5M x 7
Cam Talbot - 2.5-3M x 1
Draft Jack Hughes or Kappo Kakko
Waive Manning

Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Hughes - Toews - Kahun
Debrincat - Strome - Sikura
Perlini - Kampf - Hayden
Fortin/Highmore
Martinsen

Keith - Jokiharju
Kylington - Murphy
Forsling - Mitchell/Seabrook
Hillman

Talbot
Delia/Nalimov/Forsberg

Still have around 6M to play with. 2020-21 can move AA and shift Hughes to C, and move Murphy for fulltime Mitchell or Boqvist.

2020-2021

Panarin - Hughes - Kane
Debrincat - Strome - Sikura
Perlini - Toews - Kahun
Kampf - Barratt - Hayden

Kylington - Jokiharju
Keith - Mitchell
Forsling - Boqvist/Seabrook
Hillman

Talbot/UFA goalie
Delia/Nalimov/Forsberg

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Nobody is planning a parade. It is obvious hockey is not a sport you know much of anything about.
You really don't have a single argument? The only thing you have to say is targeted at my person. Why so insecure?

I argued the Hawks don't have, outside of Kane, any trade chips among their veterans who have any half-decent value.

They won't really get you anything in return that could help this team. In fact, you will struggle to trade them at all. And the return won't accelerate the rebuild. Trading Crawford also means you are left without a goalie, and with nothing to show for it.

I've seen teams toil away for years in the cellar of the league. You can't and won't get out of there by selling secondary pieces. Being a contender in the near future is a pipe dream anyway.

Prove me wrong.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You really don't have a single argument? The only thing you have to say is targeted at my person. Why so insecure?

I argued the Hawks don't have, outside of Kane, any trade chips among their veterans who have any half-decent value.

They won't really get you anything in return that could help this team. In fact, you will struggle to trade them at all. And the return won't accelerate the rebuild. Trading Crawford also means you are left without a goalie, and with nothing to show for it.

I've seen teams toil away for years in the cellar of the league. You can't and won't get out of there by selling secondary pieces. Being a contender in the near future is a pipe dream anyway.

Prove me wrong.

Your stories just keep getting cooler, bruh.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Prove me wrong.
If guys like Crawford and Keith didn't have any trade value, you wouldn't have all these NHL insiders saying the Hawks should trade them. That's especially true in Crawford's case considering we can easily afford his contract for the remaining time left on it (this season and next).

So not only are you smarter than all of us morons, but your also smarter than guys like Elliot Friedman and Pierre Lebrun. Congrats!

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Prove me wrong.

Are you not the guy that just recently posted this?

If the Flyers make the playoffs, they should take Keith. Keith is now essentially what Kimmo Timonen was when he got traded to the Hawks.

Two franchise d-men, retiring playing for each other's teams. Make it come full circle.

I'm not even sure how to respond to someone who thinks that Duncan Keith in 2018, is equal to the Timonen in 2015.

You get a lot of common sense things right, but then you have hot takes like this that just completely shred any credibility you may have had.

The only veteran that DOESN'T have value around the league, is Seabrook. Kane, Toews, Keith, Crawford, all have value. The problem is....the only guy you can trade and not lose the trade outright, is Crawford. Mostly because Keith, Kane, and Toews, are still damn good players, and the odds of any prospect/draft pick being even close to them, is slim to none.

But carry on Lari.

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Are you not the guy that just recently posted this?

I'm not even sure how to respond to someone who thinks that Duncan Keith in 2018, is equal to the Timonen in 2015.

You get a lot of common sense things right, but then you have hot takes like this that just completely shred any credibility you may have had.

The only veteran that DOESN'T have value around the league, is Seabrook. Kane, Toews, Keith, Crawford, all have value. The problem is....the only guy you can trade and not lose the trade outright, is Crawford. Mostly because Keith, Kane, and Toews, are still damn good players, and the odds of any prospect/draft pick being even close to them, is slim to none.

But carry on Lari.
That was a hyperbole, but yes, Keith is pretty bad nowadays. The entire Hawks' D group is rubbish. It wasn't just Ulf Samuelsson making them look bad. It's actually 2005-06 level bad. Veterans have fallen off a cliff and the new kids don't know which way is the defensive zone.

Cullimore was not much worse than Manning.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Hey guys CBJ fan coming in peace. Ive seen some fans be a little open to trading Kane and just wondering if a deal around him and Werenski could work? Werenski is elite offensively and only in his 3rd year. I know you guys could probably use a goalie prospect and we have 3 boarderline if not true elite prospects in europe in Elvis, Tarasov, and the top finnish goalie whose name I cant begin to spell it starts with a V (truly go check out the numbers all are spectacular and all have and are representingtheir respective countries in wjc and world championships teams). On top of that pick a F prospect not named Foudy (not our top prospect ranked I dont think but just the one we need the most position wise) and then maybe even multiple 1sts. If you want Bjorkstrand instead of a prospect that can work as well. Might need to send some money your way unless you want to retain something small like 1.5 or 2. Hopefully this isn't seen as a bad offer I think it has tons of young high end talent going your way and not taking on many money while shredding a ton.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hey guys CBJ fan coming in peace. Ive seen some fans be a little open to trading Kane and just wondering if a deal around him and Werenski could work? Werenski is elite offensively and only in his 3rd year. I know you guys could probably use a goalie prospect and we have 3 boarderline if not true elite prospects in europe in Elvis, Tarasov, and the top finnish goalie whose name I cant begin to spell it starts with a V (truly go check out the numbers all are spectacular and all have and are representingtheir respective countries in wjc and world championships teams). On top of that pick a F prospect not named Foudy (not our top prospect ranked I dont think but just the one we need the most position wise) and then maybe even multiple 1sts. If you want Bjorkstrand instead of a prospect that can work as well. Might need to send some money your way unless you want to retain something small like 1.5 or 2. Hopefully this isn't seen as a bad offer I think it has tons of young high end talent going your way and not taking on many money while shredding a ton.

You’d give up Werenski?

Would the idea here be get Kane so Panarin is more likely to re-sign?

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
I don’t think the hawks can do much. Keith would best their best asset and if you get into a bidding war for him you could get some nice value.

Put him on the second pair of a cup contender and I think he would make that team very happy.

I don’t think crow has much value unless he puts together a few weeks of his old form.

They aren’t moving Toews or Kane nor should they.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I think he is saying .. Werenski, a top goalie prospect, a top F prospect ( not Foudy ) plus two 1st round picks ( presumably 2019 & 2020 ). ( or 23 yr old RW Bjorkstrand substituted for one of the top prospects )
Not a bad proposal but I really can't see Kane being traded. He is a face of the franchise and has a lot of hockey left in him.

Reactions: mikeyp24

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That was a hyperbole, but yes, Keith is pretty bad nowadays. The entire Hawks' D group is rubbish. It wasn't just Ulf Samuelsson making them look bad. It's actually 2005-06 level bad. Veterans have fallen off a cliff and the new kids don't know which way is the defensive zone.

Cullimore was not much worse than Manning.

A hyperbole, eh? Sweet. I always love a good hyperbole.

Rubbish is a great word. You must be British? Guess those Brits really do know more than North Americans about everything. So much smarter and in tune with hockey than us even. I wonder if we should talk about footy. Should hit up the general sports thread and talk about Man U bruh. You must be a wealth of knowledge on that sport if your hockey knowledge is any inkling.

That said... you should probably just stop posting. We're all enamored with your vast wealth of knowledge about hockey and player valuation. You're making us all feel inadequate.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You’d give up Werenski?

Would the idea here be get Kane so Panarin is more likely to re-sign?
Its half that and half we could use sineone of his talent level who knows what its like to win. Jones, Murray, Nutivaara, Savard, and upcoming Gavrikov and Peeke looking to be NHL ready. Werenski (although he is my #2 guy on the team I dont want moved) being moved to get in an offensive star that could help keep the best offensive player we ever had... Its a give to get situation and I think we have pieces you need and you have one of the best options possible to keep our team inproving to a contender as soon as this year.

I think he is saying .. Werenski, a top goalie prospect, a top F prospect ( not Foudy ) plus two 1st round picks ( presumably 2019 & 2020 ). ( or 23 yr old RW Bjorkstrand substituted for one of the top prospects )
Not a bad proposal but I really can't see Kane being traded. He is a face of the franchise and has a lot of hockey left in him.
100% correct. I honestly would not blame you for saying no Ive just seen some fans put his name out there. Ive seen people suggest you guys need a goalie of the future and i recomend looking at our pool it is stellar. Then we have some wings performing incredibly well some leading their respective leagues that could help replace Kane. Weresnki is an obvious elite young talent. The picks are picks but look at the people Chicago has drafted in the 20-30 range. You lose 1 of the faces of the franchise that may go down as the best era of hockey in team history but you are loading up on cost controlled players with high potential. And high potential young guns is how you started the dynasty in the first place.

Honestly just happy that you guys see it as a pretty fair offer and it dodnt come off as one sided or laughable.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Would you guys listen on Saad? Serious question. I don't want to trade him personally unless someone overpays, but at the same time he isn't even at a 50 point pace and is getting paid 6M. Thoughts?
I started a trade thread on the Main Trade Board.

Last edited:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
100% correct. I honestly would not blame you for saying no Ive just seen some fans put his name out there. Ive seen people suggest you guys need a goalie of the future and i recomend looking at our pool it is stellar. Then we have some wings performing incredibly well some leading their respective leagues that could help replace Kane. Weresnki is an obvious elite young talent. The picks are picks but look at the people Chicago has drafted in the 20-30 range. You lose 1 of the faces of the franchise that may go down as the best era of hockey in team history but you are loading up on cost controlled players with high potential. And high potential young guns is how you started the dynasty in the first place.
Honestly just happy that you guys see it as a pretty fair offer and it dodnt come off as one sided or laughable.
We do indeed need a top goalie prospect and we are unofficially in a mini rebuild so two 1st round picks plus the prospects and of course Werenski would surely be in support of a major reboot ... that said there is the small detail of Kane having a full NMC and the other minute already mentioned fact of Kaner being one of the two faces of the franchise, probably the greatest American born hockey player of all time and future 1st ballot hall of famer to consider.
A fair offer but I really can't see Stan pulling the trigger or Kane accepting it. But never say never!

Reactions: mikeyp24

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't see what it does for you. What do you do with that money (assuming you take none back which is highly unlikely) that's better than what Kane provides?

But this is how you rebuild! You sell off everyone! Kane, Toews, Keith, Crawford, Saad, Seabs, Cat, Kahun, get rid of them all! Then the team will get better. They all suck anyways! :sarcasm:

Reactions: AmericanDream

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We do indeed need a top goalie prospect and we are unofficially in a mini rebuild so two 1st round picks plus the prospects and of course Werenski would surely be in support of a major reboot ... that said there is the small detail of Kane having a full NMC and the other minute already mentioned fact of Kaner being one of the two faces of the franchise, probably the greatest American born hockey player of all time and future 1st ballot hall of famer to consider.
A fair offer but I really can't see Stan pulling the trigger or Kane accepting it. But never say never!
100% understand. The NMC I would say he would never waive to come here EXCEPT if Bread stays they have stayed very close. That and I think he could see that the team has been the youngest team in the league like 3yrs ish running. We also have a lot of USA players he has played with at least a little and I think he has played internationally under Torts before and they got along well.

All that being said though I honestly believe Kaner retires a Hawk I just want to hope to have one of my alltime favorite players on my team and Id love to see him help bring home a cup to a midwest team. When my #2 team was the Nucks because I lived in Vancouver for about 6yrs on and off with my ex and when the 2 teams were bitter rivals even though I hated most of the team from John Scott to Big Buff and Toews I always was a huge Kane fan because how elite his puck handling and playmaking was. It really is hard to hate greatness.

Thank you guys for the civil discussion and being welcoming to a fan of another team. I always like catching the highlights to see how Kane, Saad, and the cat are doing. Always cheering for those guys. Good luck the rest of the way out boys and no hard feelings if Bread eventually goes back your way.

Reactions: LDF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Its half that and half we could use sineone of his talent level who knows what its like to win. Jones, Murray, Nutivaara, Savard, and upcoming Gavrikov and Peeke looking to be NHL ready. Werenski (although he is my #2 guy on the team I dont want moved) being moved to get in an offensive star that could help keep the best offensive player we ever had... Its a give to get situation and I think we have pieces you need and you have one of the best options possible to keep our team inproving to a contender as soon as this year.

I am not trying to be a dick here....well maybe a little, but to blunt Kane isn't going to waive his NMC to go play in Columbus...I mean is there even titty bars there?? Doesn't the entire city close down at like 10pm? Also, this is a place that the two top players are not wanting to stay, so I just have a hunch no matter how fair the offer is, it just isn't ever in the cards. Kane isn't going to agree to go there and play if Bob and Panarin are leaving...if you think by getting Kane the other two might want to stay, then that is something that could have some merit, but that is a shitload of hope and prayer there...

Just don't see it at all...and I like Columbus, I honestly do..great team, love the arena atmosphere, hope you guys do well so ignore my trashing of the city above lol...I think you guys are in a very tight spot and getting top names to come through trade or whatever just doesn't seem realistic to me. If Panarin and Bob were signed and this was the "go all in" push, then I could see it, but you have other areas to address first before ever entertaining this.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I don't see what it does for you. What do you do with that money (assuming you take none back which is highly unlikely) that's better than what Kane provides?
Hypothetically BL and I am in no way trying to vouch for trading Kane, it would provide at least one if not two top prospects, one if not two 1st round picks and a current high end player. What to do with the money saved ( as I doubt we would be trading for a player with the same salary ) ? Well we could pick up at least one or two FA's come this summer who are in the 5 - 6 M range.
All of this though in my mind could and would only be possible if Kane actually wanted a change of scenery .. ie the chance to go for it again without the 2 - 3 year wait with the rebuild.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hypothetically BL and I am in no way trying to vouch for trading Kane, it would provide at least one if not two top prospects, one if not two 1st round picks and a current high end player. What to do with the money saved ( as I doubt we would be trading for a player with the same salary ) ? Well we could pick up at least one or two FA's come this summer who are in the 5 - 6 M range.
All of this though in my mind could and would only be possible if Kane actually wanted a change of scenery .. ie the chance to go for it again without the 2 - 3 year wait with the rebuild.

While I love Kane, and he is one of the top 10 players in the NHL still... I doubt he's returning two top prospects, and two 1st rounders, and a current high-end player. Most teams just don't have that to give up, and/or won't, despite the fact that it's Kane.

And picking up two 5-6m FAs in place of Kane likely makes this team a lot worse for the immediate future.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Would you guys listen on Saad? Serious question. I don't want to trade him personally unless someone overpays, but at the same time he isn't even at a 50 point pace and is getting paid 6M. Thoughts?
I started a trade thread on the Main Trade Board.
my main concern is getting an establish d-men ...... if the org will wait until the young d-men to develop while running out there Keith and Seabs as a top 4 d-men.

then yeah, might as sell off AA, Saad, Murph and CC...... the org is really not doing us, the fans any favors by running out these players and deceiving us, that this is a SC contender.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Blue Jackets are a playoff team, those picks are meh...

As BL said, there just is no reason to trade Kane, too many factors here with the team, history, his value that it won't get done. Gretzky did get traded like 3 times so anything can happen, but if Kane was to ever get moved, top 5 picks would have to be coming back, meaning a top 5 pick in the draft, a top 5 pick player previously, a couple of younger guys in the NHL right now, another 1st round pick, etc...not many teams can offer that or would want to...so Kane stays here until he retires or his contract runs out and maybe wants to head to Buffalo to finish his career which would be a shame..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad