Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Lawton didn't even list Barratt as a top 3 forward for the organization...yikes..

Kurashev, Nordgren and Kayumov top 3 forwards...says all 3 will be NHLers and expects all three at the WJC..

Boqvist, Beaudin and Mitchell top 3 dmen...

he said McD/Bowman will have to buy down Seabs and his contract down, meaning they will pay off 25-30% of his deal that is left to move him...so a team will take Seabs because we have paid down a third of what is left on his contract (actual money) as Seabs was front loaded as well...says this will help another team needing to reach the floor but will not have to pay much of his actual dollars...and said yes Seabs has to agree to the move as well..

Hawks will be aggressive at the free agent market next year - lots of good names out there, said do not do much this year, ride it out, use top picks next draft to further the rebuild and get a few smart FA's in the summer....

he says we are 2 years away from getting back to the playoff track depending on what we do with FA's...

Weird that Lawton was a GM for less than 2 years before getting kicked to the booth... :sarcasm:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Just go away. I'm confident in saying pretty much nobody here agrees with you or cares to read your crap.

It also doesn't mean I'm wrong. What people here usually agree with is utopia. You can overrate assets all you want, but it won't make it real. Hawks are stuck with an aging core, very little in the way of trade chips and there's no magic trick to turn water into wine.

:laugh:

butt hurt infraction in ...3....2.....1.....
Thank you for contributing to the discussion.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It also doesn't mean I'm wrong. What people here usually agree with is utopia. You can overrate assets all you want, but it won't make it real. Hawks are stuck with an aging core, very little in the way of trade chips and there's no magic trick to turn water into wine.

You're right it doesn't make you wrong if no one agrees with you. But you are wrong here. Toews would return more than you think, as will Crawford, and Keith. Seabrook won't, everyone knows that.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
You're right it doesn't make you wrong if no one agrees with you. But you are wrong here. Toews would return more than you think, as will Crawford, and Keith. Seabrook won't, everyone knows that.
Crawford has a .903 sv% and 3.20 GAA, turns 34 this month, has a $6m AAV salary for this and next year. There are also still injury concerns. What a catch he is.

A rebuilding team wants no piece of him that's for sure, unless you add significant sweeteners. Which contender would then take him (as a backup, I presume, because he isn't a starter on a good team anymore)? Which GM will you call? I'm not sure even Stan's buddies like Tallon or Bergevin or Chevy will be all "Yeah, why not have a $6m shitty old concussed goalie as a backup next year. Sure, Stan."

You can package him, maybe. But then you're probably giving more on the side than what you're getting anyway. And then you need a goalie. So why not just spare the assets and let Crawford play out his contract and retire a Hawk? At the very least, you will not be getting anything significant in return. Nothing that will really, really help this franchise move forward.

All I'm saying is, put yourself in the shoes of an NHL GM and think hard whether you'll want to mess up your roster by adding any one of these Hawks. They ain't young, and they ain't cheap. And the league loves young and cheap. Like a tourist in Bangkok, they all love young and cheap.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Crawford has a .903 sv% and 3.20 GAA, turns 34 this month, has a $6m AAV salary for this and next year. There are also still injury concerns. What a catch he is.

A rebuilding team wants no piece of him that's for sure, unless you add significant sweeteners. Which contender would then take him (as a backup, I presume, because he isn't a starter on a good team anymore)? Which GM will you call? I'm not sure even Stan's buddies like Tallon or Bergevin or Chevy will be all "Yeah, why not have a $6m ****ty old concussed goalie as a backup next year. Sure, Stan."

You can package him, maybe. But then you're probably giving more on the side than what you're getting anyway. And then you need a goalie. So why not just spare the assets and let Crawford play out his contract and retire a Hawk? At the very least, you will not be getting anything significant in return. Nothing that will really, really help this franchise move forward.

All I'm saying is, put yourself in the shoes of an NHL GM and think hard whether you'll want to mess up your roster by adding any one of these Hawks. They ain't young, and they ain't cheap. And the league loves young and cheap. Like a tourist in Bangkok, they all love young and cheap.

Cool story bro.

Reactions: AmericanDream

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

A rebuilding team wants no piece of him that's for sure, unless you add significant sweeteners. Which contender would then take him (as a backup, I presume, because he isn't a starter on a good team anymore)? Which GM will you call? I'm not sure even Stan's buddies like Tallon or Bergevin or Chevy will be all "Yeah, why not have a $6m ****ty old concussed goalie as a backup next year. Sure, Stan."

Ok ... we get your funny sexcation reference.
It's all good regardless of whether any of the Hawk's core can ultimately be moved.
We got the three cups and now we bide our time .. pick up a number of high picks .. maybe a good FA or two .. and go from there. We miss the PO's this year and most likely next as well ... but then we are ready to compete. And at that time I would think Seabs has gone LTIR and maybe Keith too. The future is rosy pink my man .. rosey pink!

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Your argument's progress:
CICaLxg.gif

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Ryan f***ing Reaves netted a first round pick. It still amazes me some posters don't get how ridiculous (I'm not trying to say stupid) some of these GMs are out there.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Prolly more like 60-70. But your point still stands.

His PPG this year is right around his career average, which is a solid number. He's probably overpaid by 1-2m depending on how he finishes the rest of the season. If he ends up in the upper 60s in points, or even breaking 70, I'd argue he isn't even overpaid.
He's on pace for 67 currently so I rounded up a smidge. He gets AT LEAST 8m in free agency today. Being overpaid 1 or 2 million when you're a very good player is whatever.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I had some loser try Smith + 1st for Crawford + 2nd on the mainboards.

Good lord, I’m willing to take Smith to even out the cap, but it better be a damn good prospect coming with that first. And it’s only Crawford going the other way. Some people have no idea how negotiations work. Hawks are dealing from power. Flames are dealing from weakness.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Yes, let's post his stats behind the shittiest defensive team in the league. If I am PIT or PHI, or NJD, or CAR, or ARZ, CGY, or FLA, I am calling and inquiring about Crawford all day. He is an upgrade on at least 14 teams in the league.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I had some loser try Smith + 1st for Crawford + 2nd on the mainboards.

Good lord, I’m willing to take Smith to even out the cap, but it better be a damn good prospect coming with that first. And it’s only Crawford going the other way. Some people have no idea how negotiations work. Hawks are dealing from power. Flames are dealing from weakness.
not gonna lie...when you said Smith I thought you were talking about Ty Smith....I got very very excited...then I kept reading and it was Mike Smith and now I just shit myself in disgust....

Reactions: migi

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

welcome to how we feel when you post....

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Yes, let's post his stats behind the ****tiest defensive team in the league. If I am PIT or PHI, or NJD, or CAR, or ARZ, CGY, or FLA, I am calling and inquiring about Crawford all day. He is an upgrade on at least 14 teams in the league.
Most of those teams aren't even playoff teams! What the hell are they going to do with Crawford?! If your answer is "well, he is better than what they have", then that applies to the Hawks as well. So it makes as much sense for those teams to acquire Crow as it does for the Hawks to acquire a mediocre 34-year-old $6m goalie.

Somehow everyone thinks all the other non-playoff teams are somehow dumber and inferior to the Hawks, and a trip to the bottom is a quick visit only. Then we're back to winning Cups. If it was easy to build a winner, EVERYONE would do it. The reality is that the Hawks are in a worse position than other non-playoff teams because the Hawks' proverbial cupboard of prospects is empty.

There is no easy way out.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Most of those teams aren't even playoff teams! What the hell are they going to do with Crawford?! If your answer is "well, he is better than what they have", then that applies to the Hawks as well. So it makes as much sense for those teams to acquire Crow as it does for the Hawks to acquire a mediocre 34-year-old $6m goalie.

Somehow everyone thinks all the other non-playoff teams are somehow dumber and inferior to the Hawks, and a trip to the bottom is a quick visit only. Then we're back to winning Cups. If it was easy to build a winner, EVERYONE would do it. The reality is that the Hawks are in a worse position than other non-playoff teams because the Hawks' proverbial cupboard of prospects is empty.

No team is a playoff team, that doesn't start for another 4 months....not sure if you understand that...

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
yup....you gave Ryan Reaves, I give you Paul Gaustad lol....1st round pick for Paul Gaustad....let that **** sink in...
There's a reason those guys netted a 1st rounder. Hartman, too. Those guys will play in the playoffs and help a team win a Cup. Contenders gamble on that. Gritty deoth players are a hot commodity. Overpaid backup goalies with a year left on their contracts are not.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

So hockey is what, the 4th or 5th sport that you follow on ESPN? Seriously, it's been a long time since I have read such horribly inaccurate takes as yours.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
So hockey is what, the 4th or 5th sport that you follow on ESPN? Seriously, it's been a long time since I have read such horribly inaccurate takes as yours.
Well, you're free to plan a parade for 2020, but I doubt it'll fill the streets.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You can pretty much tell who will be there this season.

Ler's not pretend the Coyotes are gearing up for a Cup run...
why not? I watch hockey each and every year, not sure you do, but in each of those years there are ALWAYS teams that surprise and make it...I sure as shit am not going to make a stupid ass claim in the beginning of December what team will/will not be a playoff team...come on man...

Reactions: ChiHawks10

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
There's a reason those guys netted a 1st rounder. Hartman, too. Those guys will play in the playoffs and help a team win a Cup. Contenders gamble on that. Gritty deoth players are a hot commodity. Overpaid backup goalies with a year left on their contracts are not.

Ah yes let me count those Stanley Cup rings Reaves, Gaustad and Hartman help win for those teams....

I can at least see the appeal with Hartman. Former 1st rounder who has skill and needed a change of scenery but you labeling the other two with him is an insult. There are plenty of GMs who've traded for depth or grit/sandpaper guys without giving up a 1st rounder so don't give me that crap. Hell, the Bruins got Wingles from us for a 5th rounder for example). "Backup goalie" that was cute though, I'll give you a solid grade on that troll job.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think our universal term should now be bruh....

Cool story, bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad