Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
think about this situation right now..

apparently the gap between the Blue Jackets and Bob is very wide, meaning it seems as if there is no chance he stays there. the Jackets are obviously a playoff team and losing Bob for peanuts would be such a hard pill to swallow..trading him away for anything but another goalie hurts too..

what if....and I say what if...the Hawks were to step in and make a move for Bob trading Crow in a package there?? now think about this for a minute- the Blue Jackets get Crow to keep their playoff hopes a float, they THEN have Crow for next year as well giving them time to figure out their goaltending situation.

for the Hawks we get Bob, negotiate on a contract with him, and keep him here long term...now I understand that Bob has struggled in the playoffs, but the man is a Vezina winner, and IF we can swing that deal, imagine how much more attractive we look to Panarin??????

I would have to see the numbers for what Bob is rumored to be asking, but it would be one interesting scenario that I really never thought of before...what do you all think???

I think you crazy homie. But I like it.

Wouldn't be opposed to the idea. But we're probably losing a big piece with Crow to get Bob.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
No interest in giving out a long term big money to Bob or any goalie really. Too much risk. He makes 7.4 currently. He's going to want that at least, for probably 4 or so years? No thank you.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No interest in giving out a long term big money to Bob or any goalie really. Too much risk. He makes 7.4 currently. He's going to want that at least, for probably 4 or so years? No thank you.

Didn't realize he was making that much already. So he probably wants around 8x4 or 5? Hmmmmm.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I’d extend Crawford at 2-3 years for near same AAV before shelling out 8 per to Bob with term. It would be a 35+ contract but he’d still be ltir eligible right?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Didn't realize he was making that much already. So he probably wants around 8x4 or 5? Hmmmmm.
that is the question, I would imagine if he isn't signing with Columbus, he values himself more than $8mil...or wants more years than they are willing to give...

I don't know, it would be one hell of a scenario to pull of something like that, find a way to dump a contract over there too to take Bob back...

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I really like Bob but I have no interest in giving a big time contract to a goalie on the back 9 of his career. I don’t think he signs for 4 years either. Considering that negotiations don’t appear to be close, I would bet that he’s looking for his retirement contract.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
think about this situation right now..

apparently the gap between the Blue Jackets and Bob is very wide, meaning it seems as if there is no chance he stays there. the Jackets are obviously a playoff team and losing Bob for peanuts would be such a hard pill to swallow..trading him away for anything but another goalie hurts too..

what if....and I say what if...the Hawks were to step in and make a move for Bob trading Crow in a package there?? now think about this for a minute- the Blue Jackets get Crow to keep their playoff hopes a float, they THEN have Crow for next year as well giving them time to figure out their goaltending situation.

for the Hawks we get Bob, negotiate on a contract with him, and keep him here long term...now I understand that Bob has struggled in the playoffs, but the man is a Vezina winner, and IF we can swing that deal, imagine how much more attractive we look to Panarin??????

I would have to see the numbers for what Bob is rumored to be asking, but it would be one interesting scenario that I really never thought of before...what do you all think???
I'm thinking if we trade Crow to Columbus, Bob doesn't come back. Columbus would have the best goalie tandem for the play offs.

They wouldn't let go of Bread because they can't make a cup run without him. But Crow could net their 2019 1st and a good prospect like Foudy or Marchenko.

Could also target one of their younger goalies like Korpisalo or Vehviläinen but quite frankly I don't want a repeat of Forsberg.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
we know Torts loves his truculence as well..

Jesus this is golden:

Crow and Seabs

for

Bob and Dubinsky

f*** yes this deal would work...it actually makes sense lol....they are losing their #1 goalie for nothing, we now give them a #1 goalie and in order for that to happen they need to take Seabs off our hands...well for them to fit Seabs, we have to take something back, so I present you Brandon Dubinsky who would look great here as a #3C...

My God pull this off Bowman!!!!!

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
we know Torts loves his truculence as well..

Jesus this is golden:

Crow and Seabs

for

Bob and Dubinsky

**** yes this deal would work...it actually makes sense lol....they are losing their #1 goalie for nothing, we now give them a #1 goalie and in order for that to happen they need to take Seabs off our hands...well for them to fit Seabs, we have to take something back, so I present you Brandon Dubinsky who would look great here as a #3C...

My God pull this off Bowman!!!!!
dang, it could work......

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Dubinsky
Hayden - Kampf - Perlini/Barratt

Keith - Joker
Murphy - Gus
Forsling - Mitchell

Bob
Delia

WIN CUP!!!

we moved out AA and Manning to make even more room for Panarin...

this team would be a playoff contender folks...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane

Keith - Joker
Murphy - Gus
Forsling - Mitchell

Bob
Delia

WIN CUP!!!

That team would win the Cup... not be a playoff contender. :laugh: Potentially a couple in a row. I can't see a single roster in the NHL that would be on par with that...

That said... you're dreaming. :laugh:

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That team would win the Cup... not be a playoff contender. :laugh: Potentially a couple in a row. I can't see a single roster in the NHL that would be on par with that...

That said... you're dreaming. :laugh:
I know..I know...but shut up lol!!!

This can and will work...Blue Jackets listen up - you can't let your goalie walk for nothing, that is already happening to Panarin - we will give you a #1 in Crow, and we will take back a bad contract in Dubinsky as well....all you need to do in order for this to work is take a guy that is great with kids, looks great in hats, has a cost controlled contract, great baker, good at philanthropy, etc...his name is Brent Seabrook...he also speaks 3 languages and he can even help mentor Jones and Werenski...

All you need to do is sign at the line below...

X_____________________X

no trade backs, and everything we said for Seabrook is true....maybe....kind of....sort of......

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Saad - Toews - Sikura
Panarin - Hughes - Kane

Keith - Joker
Murphy - Gus
Forsling - Mitchell

Bob
Delia

WIN CUP!!!

ooooo and with Bob and Kane, Bread would hop on the next flight to Chicago!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

This can and will work...Blue Jackets listen up - you can't let your goalie walk for nothing, that is already happening to Panarin - we will give you a #1 in Crow, and we will take back a bad contract in Dubinsky as well....all you need to do in order for this to work is take a guy that is great with kids, looks great in hats, has a cost controlled contract, great baker, good at philanthropy, etc...his name is Brent Seabrook...he can even help mentor Jones and Werenski...

X_____________________X

no trade backs, and everything we said for Seabrook is true....maybe....kind of....sort of......
Okay now post this to the main board :popcorn:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

This can and will work...Blue Jackets listen up - you can't let your goalie walk for nothing, that is already happening to Panarin - we will give you a #1 in Crow, and we will take back a bad contract in Dubinsky as well....all you need to do in order for this to work is take a guy that is great with kids, looks great in hats, has a cost controlled contract, great baker, good at philanthropy, etc...his name is Brent Seabrook...he also speaks 3 languages and he can even help mentor Jones and Werenski...

X_____________________X

We will also give you a 3 cup winner thats a great lockerroom guy and cost controlled.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Nobody wants the Hawks' junk.

If you are serious about a rebuild and want something in return before it's too late, Kane is the only one worth trading.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, couldn't even give that #1C with 27pts in 33GP that plays great D and has won 3 Cups away. Bum.
He is massively overpaid, on a decline, and would be a 2nd liner on a contender. What do you expect to get in return?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if we land Bob and my trade deal is the deal that happens, I am going to rub shit in 10 times worse that Musto has with the Strome trade lol..

there will be Bob appreciation threads within an hour of his plane landing...a praise Jesus/Bowman thread as well...get ready for it hahaha!!!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He is massively overpaid, on a decline, and would be a 2nd liner on a contender. What do you expect to get in return?

seh6p.gif

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad