Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Some ESPN article on the Hawks brought up an interesting point. If Q signs with another team, the vets would be more likely to waive their NMCs to play for that team.
The team would have to want said vet though. Only vet with a NTC that I’m interested in trading is Seabrook so I think it’s a non-factor.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
It is not out of the realm of possibility to move Seabrook but it would cost the Hawks dearly as any other team would want decent picks and prospects just to take him. Seabrook should retire instead of just keeping on making a fool of himself because of his slowness.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It is not out of the realm of possibility to move Seabrook but it would cost the Hawks dearly as any other team would want decent picks and prospects just to take him. Seabrook should retire instead of just keeping on making a fool of himself because of his slowness.
Woudn't the recapture hit be pretty bad if Seabrook retires?

Unless the new CBA has a compliance buyout, moving Keith's contract is the only viable option.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

What would it cost? Some retention + Sikura? I’d do that because I don’t think Sikura’s game will appease Colliton.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Woudn't the recapture hit be pretty bad if Seabrook retires?

Unless the new CBA has a compliance buyout, moving Keith's contract is the only viable option.

Seabrook isn’t a recapture contract, correct me if I’m wrong.
Correct. Keith is our only remaining recapture contract--and as such moving him should not be taken lightly. Seabrook is not a recapture so he can retire and not affect the 'hawks.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Correct. Keith is our only remaining recapture contract--and as such moving him should not be taken lightly. Seabrook is not a recapture so he can retire and not affect the 'hawks.

If only he’d just do the noble thing and retire...

Maybe they can cut a deal with him to immediately retire #7, and only list his name over it. Haha

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
There’s only one year of Seabrooks contract where he takes home less than 5mil and that’s the last year at 4.5. There’s no way hes walking away from all that money as a some kind of a gesture to the blackhawks, nor would I expect him to.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Really? So Seabrook can just retire and not cost the Hawks anything in regards to the cap? Can Rocky find Seabrook a job in the front office for lots of money?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Are there rules against paying a guy what he would've made on his contract in the event he retires?
I'm sure there is.

The NBA forced Dennis Rodman out of Mark Cuban's house because they thought it circumvented the salary cap. Rodman lived with Cuban while playing for the Mavericks.

The Hawks would have to mask it as a front office job.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm sure there is.

The NBA forced Dennis Rodman out of Mark Cuban's house because they thought it circumvented the salary cap. Rodman lived with Cuban while playing for the Mavericks.

The Hawks would have to mask it as a front office job.

Would the league be concerned with Seabrook getting $7.5 million as a scout next year? haha

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Would the league be concerned with Seabrook getting $7.5 million as a scout next year? haha
Scout? Clearly that salary will be going towards Seabs becoming a full time hat designer!
cut.jpg

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Believe it or not, that's the fear of Nowitzki taking all these discounted deals the past 5 years. People think Cuban will pay Nowitzki $50mn to make a documentary about his basketball career after he retires.

Its impossible to prove but check out what Kirilenko and Prohkorov pulled off. It was awfully shady.

https://nypost.com/2013/09/16/nets-probed-cleared-by-nba-in-kirilenko-signing/

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Seabrook won't make enough money off hats to retire. We need to have him become a hip-hop singer who gets a platinum record or two and is a multi Grammy winner. Only then will he be like "hockey isn't worth doing anymore, I'mma gonna do this from now on" and he retires from the game.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Seabrook won't make enough money off hats to retire. We need to have him become a hip-hop singer who gets a platinum record or two and is a multi Grammy winner. Only then will he be like "hockey isn't worth doing anymore, I'mma gonna do this from now on" and he retires from the game.

Do you think he's just gaining popularity in Germany now? Seems like Germany loves burned out former stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad