Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Week (Actual TDL is Feb 24)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Might be the first time I'm nervous to see what Treliving's next few moves are. The deadline feels like the calm before a huge storm

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Might be the first time I'm nervous to see what Treliving's next few moves are. The deadline feels like the calm before a huge storm
I just think we can't stand pat. We have to ship some pieces out or bring some pieces in, or do both.
If we just do nothing, that's very indecisive. You have to show us where we're going. Forge ahead, or sell for futures.
It'll be interesting.

Reactions: Foo Fighter

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I just think we can't stand pat. We have to ship some pieces out or bring some pieces in, or do both.
If we just do nothing, that's very indecisive. You have to show us where we're going. Forge ahead, or sell for futures.
It'll be interesting.
I'm in the they should do nothing or sell there should be no acquiring of players this season as there are to many underperforming players right now to really know who to trade what is needed.

Reactions: Dack and Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I'm in the they should do nothing or sell there should be no acquiring of players this season as there are to many underperforming players right now to really know who to trade what is needed.
I don't disagree. It's been a mind boggling season and we should have figured it out a few months ago. Yeah the Peters fiasco didn't help the team moving forward, but our inconsistencies are for some reason too tough to overcome and correct.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Would be a disaster if we hold on to Brodie, Hamonic and Talbot and let them walk for nothing.

This team is not a contender. It's a roll of dice with or without them.

How Brad handles the next day or so is going to define him moving forward. I dont have a good feeling but still hopeful.

Reactions: Boomstick

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Would be a disaster if we hold on to Brodie, Hamonic and Talbot and let them walk for nothing.

This team is not a contender. It's a roll of dice with or without them.

How Brad handles the next day or so is going to define him moving forward. I dont have a good feeling but still hopeful.
He’s handcuffed himself. Or at least the team has. He can’t/won’t sell because it will mean his hand picked cored has failed, that plus the coach issues, means #packyourshit.

I think that’s the only reason something like Brodie/Barrie was ever discussed, that way he could say “look I tried to make our team better!” while making a lateral move at best.

I don’t know what he’ll do, but ownership won’t be cool with a sell off, right or wrong. The real question is whether they give him another offseason to shake things up or move on.

Reactions: Boomstick

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If the big hockey trade brings in Barrie...that's not the sexy drama I am wanting on deadline day.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Someone mentioned Friedman saying that if this core doesn't win a playoff round then Monahan and Gaudreau are done and would likely be traded in the off-season. Even if Friedman had no insight and was just spitballing I'd still say there was some truth to it. So that looks to be what will be happening this off-season because we might not even make the playoffs at this rate let alone win an actual playoff series (though if we get Edmonton or Vancouver I think we could pull it off as bad as we are).

I shudder to think how bad this team will be next year without them though. Say what you will, but trading 2/3's of your top line will destroy this teams offence.

I also shudder to think what our defence will be with only Andersson on the right side and I swear to f***ing Christ if they bring back Stone yet again.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Someone mentioned Friedman saying that if this core doesn't win a playoff round then Monahan and Gaudreau are done and would likely be traded in the off-season. Even if Friedman had no insight and was just spitballing I'd still say there was some truth to it. So that looks to be what will be happening this off-season because we might not even make the playoffs at this rate let alone win an actual playoff series (though if we get Edmonton or Vancouver I think we could pull it off as bad as we are).

I shudder to think how bad this team will be next year without them though. Say what you will, but trading 2/3's of your top line will destroy this teams offence.

I also shudder to think what our defence will be with only Andersson on the right side and I swear to f*cking Christ if they bring back Stone yet again.

I think one of the two will be moved unless the Flames go deep in the playoffs. Whoever is moved will likely involve a hockey trade or a major over payment on Hall with the freed cap money.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I shudder to think how bad this team will be next year without them though. Say what you will, but trading 2/3's of your top line will destroy this teams offence..

If it means Bennett and Dube and Phillips get expanded roles, I don't know if we'd be so bad. Surprise playoff team of the year...

Dube - Bennett - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Mangiapane
Lucic - Ryan - Phillips
Pellettier - Jankowski - Zavgorodniy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Gaudreau's gone barring a second round/WCF appearance in the ploffs (it could happen). It's just how his contract's set up.

The Flames aren't trading their alternate captain. They just won't.

Honestly, I'd take a swing at Matthews if we could open up some cap space. I bet the dude wants to get tf out of Toronto

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think one of the two will be moved unless the Flames go deep in the playoffs. Whoever is moved will likely involve a hockey trade or a major over payment on Hall with the freed cap money.

One of them does not free enough to overpay hall.....not sure he is a winner anyway

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
LeBrun said on insider trading that the Flames are the biggest wildcard, and said that it wouldn't surprise him if the Flames had 2 trades in them before the deadline.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Gaudreau's gone barring a second round/WCF appearance in the ploffs (it could happen). It's just how his contract's set up.

The Flames aren't trading their alternate captain. They just won't.

Honestly, I'd take a swing at Matthews if we could open up some cap space. I bet the dude wants to get tf out of Toronto
This. The Flames organization loves Monahan and have pegged him as a leader on the team. He may not seem like it on the ice some nights but a lot of players seem to look up to him off the ice.

I think it was always written in the sand that Gaudreau wouldn’t be a Flame for life, this collapse is probably just hastening the process by a few years. He’s gone before Monahan, right or wrong, bank on it.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This. The Flames organization loves Monahan and have pegged him as a leader on the team. He may not seem like it on the ice some nights but a lot of players seem to look up to him off the ice.

I think it was always written in the sand that Gaudreau wouldn’t be a Flame for life, this collapse is probably just hastening the process by a few years. He’s gone before Monahan, right or wrong, bank on it.
That's sad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad