Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Week (Actual TDL is Feb 24)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Rumoured players of interest for the Flames:
Kreider
Martinez
Kovalchuk
Tatar
Pageau
Kase

Rumoured available pieces:
Brodie
Bennett
Kylington
Jankowski
Hamonic (possibly?)
2nd rd pick
Core player in "hockey trade"?

Other trade targets/pending free agents of note:
Forwards:
  • Hall
  • Reinhart
  • Palmieri
  • Hoffman
  • Kapanen
  • Labanc
  • R. Strome
  • Buchnevich
  • Mi. Granlund
  • Puljujarvi
  • Athanasiou
  • J. Anderson
  • Namestnikov
  • Marleau
  • Turris
  • L. Andersson
  • Frolik
  • Simmonds
  • Eakin
Dmen:
  • Barrie
  • Krug
  • Pietrangelo
  • Vatanen
  • TvR
  • Dumba
  • Risto
  • Ghost
  • Green
  • Petry
Goalies:
  • Lehner/Crawford
  • Adin Hill/Raanta
  • Georgiev

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Might as well post these here:

Cursed season is cursed. Hamonic's going to walk or worse, re-sign. Brodie likely walks because they can't afford to trade him and for some reason, seemingly aren't interested in re-signing him.

So no one to sell, probably going to buy, and I hate it.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Treliving: tries to acquire Hall because he doesn't think this core can get it done as is

Also Treliving: acquires a depth defender to band-aid the injuries that have befallen this core that he doesn't think can get it done as is

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Treliving: tries to acquire Hall because he doesn't think this core can get it done as is

Also Treliving: acquires a depth defender to band-aid the injuries that have befallen this core that he doesn't think can get it done as is

This would be a perfect season to do another Fantenberg type trade. I was a little confused why the original Fantenberg trade was done though... perhaps the roster wasn't as healthy as the man games lost stat at the time?

I almost expect of all things, Treliving surprises us with a goalie trade. Someone who can stay on the farm but is a valid option vs Gilles/Parsons if one of Rittich or Talbot goes down.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If the Flames are buying, I don't expect it be rentals; Treliving will look at longterm pieces. But one thing to keep in mind are the implications on the expansion draft. Still a year a half away but that will likely influence the way teams make trades.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If the Flames are buying, I don't expect it be rentals; Treliving will look at longterm pieces. But one thing to keep in mind are the implications on the expansion draft. Still a year a half away but that will likely influence the way teams make trades.

Agreed. I think we will be flipping UFAs for longer term contract players and still aiming to compete a la 2015 to 2016. But... if that's the case, there might be a requirement to bring in a 3rd team to broker the trades. Interesting concepts to be sure.

I'm also curious to know if we will bring in a Russian player... Ooooooooo....

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Prices seem to be higher than I thought they'd be. I wish Hamonic was healthy, if he can't be traded because of some rib injury or something that's going to suck. LeBanc would be awesome to acquire. Hoffman for Hamonic is a trade I think might benefit both FLA and CGY down the stretch.

I just can't see a big shakeup really. If we're actually serious about another depth D rental then Mike Green(50% retained) for a 4th or 5th would be acceptable.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Treliving surprises us with a goalie trade. Someone who can stay on the farm but is a valid option vs Gilles/Parsons if one of Rittich or Talbot goes down.
We have a guy already, his name is Artyom "Big Snag Zag" Zagidulin.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm really pessimistic about anything significant happening. I only expect minor tinkering. Treliving will play it safe and then leak stories about the big fish he almost landed but wriggled of the hook just as he was about to pull him into the boat.
The Flames will likely be golfing by mid April.

Surprise me Treliving.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
OMG... down on my knees right now praying the Flames are the reason why.

Edit: what??? Delete?? No Palmieri sitting out tweet?
It was a fake account.

The Devils do have something cooking though, according to Bob.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Friedman:
3. If the Coleman trade showed the rest of the NHL anything, it’s that the Devils may not really want to part with Kyle Palmieri — but, if you make the right offer, they will do so. You also have to think that trade didn’t hurt Tom Fitzgerald’s long-term position in Jersey.

Based on what Coleman got, no thanks.

Also, a live thread would neato

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There's an arms race in the East and the Bruins aren't even trying to hide their desperation to catch up and add someone.

They'll end up with Palmieri and pay through the nose to do it

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Might as well post these here:

Cursed season is cursed. Hamonic's going to walk or worse, re-sign. Brodie likely walks because they can't afford to trade him and for some reason, seemingly aren't interested in re-signing him.

So no one to sell, probably going to buy, and I hate it.

So Gio is out another month still and Hamonic even longer.

At least Hanifin and Ras can build some chemistry and get important minutes before Hamonic gets healthy and inevitably re-joins Hanifin and destroys him.

Also means another full month of Michael Stone in the top 4. Good night sweet playoffs.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
They wouldn't trade Hamonic. They love him, they love his charity work, he has ties to western Canada, and I expect Hamonic re-signs something like 5x5 here.

I'd have loved to get DeMelo for a third and re-signed him and let Hamonic walk. Even if Demelo signed for 3.5 or so it would be cheaper, he's a solid Hamonic lite whose a few years younger and has better wheels

Overall though you know ownership wants playoffs. I expect us to get a depth defenseman at this point

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad