Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Week (Actual TDL is Feb 24)

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
This team is missing the playoffs. Blew a ton of "easy" games and now face a tough stretch. Also Ward is a shit coach and can't win at home.

f*ck you Brad. Seriously, most overrated GM in Flames history.
It’s the Flames we’re talking about. They’ll lose a bunch, and then win the last 5 games of the season and miss by 2 points. Solidly mediocre, as always.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This team is missing the playoffs. Blew a ton of "easy" games and now face a tough stretch. Also Ward is a shit coach and can't win at home.

f*ck you Brad. Seriously, most overrated GM in Flames history.

can you even name 5 GMs in Flames history without looking it up?

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
can you even name 5 GMs in Flames history without looking it up?

I know this wasn't directed at me but upon brainstorming I'm trying to figure out how to fill the gaps

Fletcher - dude who did a buncha things and built a contender that won the cup

??????????

Coates - dude who brought in MSL and Savard

Button - dude who waived and bought out MSL then traded Savard

????????

Sutter - Dude who drafted guys in the first round hoping they could be solid 4th liners and then traded a prime Phaneuf for pennies on the dollar

Feaster - Dude who tries signing a player to an offer sheet who we ostensibly would have lost to re-entry waivers

Burke - Dude who thought Hunter Smith was a better prospect than Brayden Point

Treliving - Dude who built a contending roster but kept hiring coaches who kept playing Sean Monahan as a #1C and Sam Bennett as a 3/4LW

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
If not intent on re-signing Brodie or Hamonic why didn’t we trade them before getting backed into a corner? Less than 48 hours Brad to show us something of a future here........

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
From sureLoss of CP: They said on HNIC that Calgary wants to do a hockey deal, more than acquiring rentals, and some big names are in conversations this weekend but are tough deals to do.

Should be an interesting 40ish hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: thaman8765678

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
From sureLoss of CP: They said on HNIC that Calgary wants to do a hockey deal, more than acquiring rentals, and some big names are in conversations this weekend but are tough deals to do.

The stars are aligning for another lopsided trade with Toronto. Rite of passage for our GMs

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If not intent on re-signing Brodie or Hamonic why didn’t we trade them before getting backed into a corner? Less than 48 hours Brad to show us something of a future here........

Because Hamonic is hurt?

Because we want to compete for the playoffs?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Monahan+Hamonic+Jankowski for Tavares

Let's go
source.gif

Did Tavares have a secret pair of unwashed Flames jammies that no one found? What a twist.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011

I saw the segment and posted a thread on the trade rumor board. It got deleted and I got a warning for making up rumors, I guess Flames rumors aren't allowed on that board.

Has to be Monahan or Gaudreau involved which would be interesting.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I just can't see a Monahan or Gaudreau traded mid-season. It doesn't make sense. There's limited time to do that and hope for any kind of chemistry to develop between players. Not to mention that I doubt any other team is looking to fork over players of any kind of ilk that puts the Flames at even ground in a trade like that.

We might see a hockey deal in the next 40 hours, but I very much doubt it will be with either of Monahan or Gaudreau involved. Those kinds of players just aren't traded in the middle of the season.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think more realistically we are looking at Monahan for someone like Sam Reinhart, IF we trade Monahan. Maybe even Suzuki or Gallagher out of Montreal.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Reinhart
Mangiapane-Backlund-Tkachuk
Lucic-Ryan/Bennet-Dube
Janko-Ryan/Bennett-Reider

Wouldn’t be the worst thing just to stop hearing about Monahan.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Monahan for Nylander. Both softies but at least Nylaner is entertaining.

Or Monahan+Brodie for Nylander+Barrie. We need a PP QB and Gio is done with that role.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I think the whole hockey deal thing relates to Brodie and Barrie btw...

They have to know he isn’t coming back. Some rumours have been that the weather isn’t good for his wife here, in which case brad kinda can’t do anything about that.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I absolutely despise reading Flames rumors on the trades board.
Seems like everyone offers garbage for our players, but if the Flames want a player we have to overpay.
I wish none of us would make a proposal on that page, it's always an embarrassment reading them.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I absolutely despise reading Flames rumors on the trades board.
Seems like everyone offers garbage for our players, but if the Flames want a player we have to overpay.
I wish none of us would make a proposal on that page, it's always an embarrassment reading them.

No worry, most proposals are one side junk anyway.

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad