Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline Week (Actual TDL is Feb 24)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Lehner to Vegas is an insane add for Vegas. That's the best tandem in the league now

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Lehner to Vegas is an insane add for Vegas. That's the best tandem in the league now

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Mediocre deadline at best for a mediocre team. BT and co continue to neglect our biggest need up front, and just go after more ufa depth defensemen. More dumpster diving.

We now have a bunch of UFA dmen who we will likely lose for nothing.

Typical.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bizarre deadline; would have actually preferred Treliving doing nothing. Adding Gustaffson makes sense on some level but giving up a fourth for Forbort? Baffling to put it mildly.

Given none of the defencemen on the roster were traded, it might mean Hamonic and Valimaki are done for the season. Or something involving one or more of Kylington, Brodie and Hanifin fell through. But even then, the Forbort add makes no sense.

With the assumptions above, the defence will most likely be:

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Andersson
Gustaffson-Stone/Forbort
Forbort/Stone

With Kylington, Davidson and Yelesin as black aces or sent down.

But that third pairing is going to struggle defensively. And Kylington should ask for a trade, or at least go public with one; pretty clear the organization isn't interested in developing him.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The board is dying.

Meh, gus was a low key solid add. Considering he would be the points leader on our backend rn I think it’s fair to chance a third on that. If we end up losing Brodie for nothing though I’m done with brad.

Forbert seems like a waste though.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
its like BT can't help himself..I guess Gustafson can help the PP but Forbert is not better than Davidson, Kylington, Yeleson, Stone
they were completely unnessary.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nice trades...adding two guys that can't play defense to the defense that can't defend...

BT is a couple years behind in talent evaluation as usual.

Didn't lose much so there is that...a weak attempt to compete I guess

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Forbort is a pointless trade. Not much to be discussed there.

Acquiring Gustafsson is an indictment on Kylington. This guy is solely a PPQB who, according to many Hawks fans, is disastrous defensively. As much as our fans like to play up Kylington's issues, there's at least room for him to grow there given that he's 6 years younger. But Treliving just doesn't like the guy for whatever reason.

Whatever.

I'm not too attached to this season because this team looks like a mess. This summer's going to be the real show for us

Reactions: viper0220

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I guess Brad has faith in the forward group. Or doesn't have any and these were all just treading water moves. Goose another Swedish offensive D.. maybe he can give the PP a boost.

Really wanted a RHS winger that could shoot, maybe Phillips, Gawdin, or Czarnik can come in for Jankowski and do something.

At least we didn't move the 1st round pick.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Forbort is a pointless trade. Not much to be discussed there.

Acquiring Gustafsson is an indictment on Kylington. This guy is solely a PPQB who, according to many Hawks fans, is disastrous defensively. As much as our fans like to play up Kylington's issues, there's at least room for him to grow there given that he's 6 years younger. But Treliving just doesn't like the guy for whatever reason.

Whatever.

I'm not too attached to this season because this team looks like a mess. This summer's going to be the real show for us

Should have sell instead but he can't throw out the baby he raised.

Next step fire Brad trevling...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Imminent Newsflash: Treliving had a huge deal in the works which fell through at the last minute.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Kylington needs to demand a trade. This organization is completely wasting him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Love the Gus addition. A 3rd for a guy who can run our PP I will take all day. Chicago's D was a disaster in general so we will see how he does here away from the puck.

Forbort trade is another terrible waste of an asset.

Not improving our forwards when it is our most glaring need is vintage Flames as well.

Also, RIP Oliver Kylington's career.

Sidebar, cap implications suggest that Hamonic could be going on LTIR.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Well, my 2 cents. This was Brad's last kick at the can.
If Brodie and Hamonic walk, which they probably will that makes our offseason a big challenge.
If we don't see the playoffs or make it past the first round our offseason will be that much bigger.
This is Brad's group, if it ends in another year of failure I believe he'll be gone.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Brad Trevling I think had his last trade deadline with the Flames, this clown does not know how to put together a winning team.

Hope they fire him after this season.

Reactions: Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Not upgrading the forwards for me was the big thing.
Can't believe we have guys like Rinaldo and Lucic and Reider. Useless.

Well Flames, it's all up to you now. Step up or fail again. All I can do is cheer you on.
Good luck Brad, this is your team.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Eh, the price for the useful rentals was generally too high. And the bulk of remaining forwards that were moved today were left shot left wingers. It'd just be throwing away assets for bad fits.

I'm not sure what people were expecting; you don't make core changing deals at the deadline.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I would much rather have went for a right shot guy like Manson rather than force Gustafsson on the right side. This was a poor deadline by Treliving.

Squandered a 3rd and cond 4th when he should've just stood pat tbh

The lack of smoke on Brodie looks promising for an extension. Or, so the dreamer in me hopes

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Not sure what to think. Wonder if re-sign both Brodie and Hamonic and trade Hanifin in the offseason

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Eh, the price for the useful rentals was generally too high. And the bulk of remaining forwards that were moved today were left shot left wingers. It'd just be throwing away assets for bad fits.

I'm not sure what people were expecting; you don't make core changing deals at the deadline.
I feel like at least one of the guys we got today will be extended. Does Gus play the right side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad