GDT: Trade Deadline V2 - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
I do not think it can....I believe he had to be on the teams roster by the trade dealing in order for the buyout to happen and the special situation to be used.

Just my opinion.

Leafs can just buy him out themselves and save nearly 4 million in cap space for next year... then they can trade for bickell if they want, maybe get more back with him by not giving Chicago a negative assest back(Cowen's cap credit still doesn't give him much of any value)

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
The thing I don't get is if teams were concerned about parenteau's injury, why was he not sat to protect the asset?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Final Recap of the Toronto Maple Leafs Moves

- 6 Trades since January 3rd. 5 in the last 20 days.
- The Leafs traded 12 players, and 1 draft pick.
- The Leafs received 11 players and 6 draft picks.

abyWyrF.png

ggjt9GC.png

QyV77fJ.png

8W2HlC6.png

eCm3hfF.png

Sksb38E.png

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs did well up to today. With that said, they do deserve criticism when it's due and I think not being able to find value for someone like PAP deserves to be criticised, even if the day was quiet for a lot of teams.

I won't lose sleep over it though.

Just proves what happens if you hold out on deadline day for a high return.. Taking a lesser deal yesterday with the Isles as the rumours suggested would have gotten the Leafs something.

Oh well, happy with the last few weeks for sure.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Agree with the saner heads here . . . definitely disappointed PA Parenteau wasn't traded, but . . . I'm sure sure Lou is disappointed too, and I'm sure there are very good reasons. Won't lose sleep over it, especially considering the fine work done before the trade deadline.

Looking forward to watching the kids, gentlemen (and Daisy)!

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
I prefer to look at all the trade Lou made leading up the deadline. Imagine the hype if Phaneuf was traded today? And you know what, Ottawa might not make that trade today if he waited. Lou is a genius.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
People need to remember Lou needs to maintain a reputation. How do people expect Lou to be taken seriously if he folds and deals a valuable asset for peanuts when pushed into a corner? Sure Lou could've dealt PA for a 7th but had he done that in the future GM's will know just to wait him out and hell cave. Am I upset that PA is still a Leaf? Of course. But at the same time I don't think Lou is to blame if the market is awful.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
Interesting that Boston just unloaded 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th round picks for Stempniak and Liles.

I guess they aren't fond of drafting :shakehead

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'm shocked Parenteau didn't get moved.

Not to take away from what Lou has done so far, but this is a failure.

Exactly.

Overall management has done a fantastic job this deadline week, but the PAP still being in the team (if he indeed didn't get moved I suppose there is still technically time to announce a trade) is a disappointment.

I find it near impossible to believe that he couldn't at the very least be moved for a pick in the 4-7th range at the very least. Mirtle had reported the Leafs were reportedly asking for a 2nd.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I do not think it can....I believe he had to be on the teams roster by the trade dealing in order for the buyout to happen and the special situation to be used.

Just checked the CBA, that is a rule for something called "Ordinary Course Buy-Outs Outside the Regular Period.", but nothing there just about Ordinary buyouts

Shwaguy*

You think Lou would be intimidated by team giving weak **** offers? Hell no.

Our organization is better off as a whole not getting anything for PA than taking a Low Ball offer like the Panthers. 100% without a doubt.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Parenteau should have been traded. It's disappointing he wasn't.

HOWEVER, it's far from the end of the world.

Our deadline was still an A+

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The thing I don't get is if teams were concerned about parenteau's injury, why was he not sat to protect the asset?

Because Babcock.

Good question is what happens with the young guys now. Boyes, Grabner and Parenteau were not expected to be around. Now they are (according to reports), so who sits?

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
I prefer to look at all the trade Lou made leading up the deadline. Imagine the hype if Phaneuf was traded today? And you know what, Ottawa might not make that trade today if he waited. Lou is a genius.

PAP was probably just a smokescreen lol

Everybody was enamored with his production, speculating the return he was going to get, and Lou ninjas his way to selling off the others.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Glad I didn't waste my day watching a bunch of nothing. Not mad, leafs did a lot before today.

Expiring contracts are still that. Off the books next season. Maybe less room for young guns to come up to get a taste of the NHL, but it's not the end of the world.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
ANA gave a conditional 3rd for McGinn could become 2nd, players going for returns we wanted for PAP but PAP himself didn't go, oh well, guess Lou held stubborn on that 2nd he wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad