GDT: Trade Deadline V2 - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
To do that without knowing how the lottery will fall, or how Nylander will fair at centre in the NHL is very risky IMO.

I don't see it either. Next year Kadri will be playing the hard minutes and sheltering Nylander. I see a 5x5 contract extension.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Carrick called up too ?

haven't heard anything on him but people just need to remember the Leafs have a plan with what all their moves mean today, Babcock even said, there's going to be a bunch of paper transactions, the purpose behind some he doesn't even know, but he said those guys are playing tonight.

So there will be moves that don't appear to make sense, they're just setting themselves up for certain things, which includes the AHL playoffs and callup restrictions. Having every moves explained will just be impossible.

If he's coming up it might be after 3 ET for those purposes but there's no real way of knowing what every move or non move means until all the dust has settled.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps, I don't see how he can end up in Toronto though. Both are sellers unless Toronto is planning on using some of their million picks.

I don't expect us to be in on him, not really what we need but you never know.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Rychel sent down to AHL to be eligible for AHL playoffs, so no trade imminent. Oh well, we weren't in on him anyway IMO

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I can't believe I have to work tonight. The most exciting game of the season and I'm going to miss it.
I might have to quit!!

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
that dude has seriously grown up in the last year. Looks far more poised and professional now in his interviews.

I agree. I had seen a few of the previous interviews, and he's clearly had some media training. And he's no dummy I think, he's quick enough with his answers, etc. He'll do fine here for that part.

Jes5ant

Mar 5, 2014
Rychel sent down to AHL to be eligible for AHL playoffs, so no trade imminent. Oh well, we weren't in on him anyway IMO

Says who? Were we in on Carrick. I'll let Lou be Lou and see what we end up with tonight. I'm so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad