GDT: Trade Deadline Thread - Trades, Rumors, Speculation, etc.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I'm much more disappointed in Botts inability to do anything to augment/modify/improve the roster for the last 4 months (including today).... then I am with the return on Evander Kane.
im much more frustrated with what wasnt done that what was

but I was guaranteed that we'd have 2 1st to draft a defenseman with, even more concerned with the draft now

another offseason hoping we get 2 more D

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I .... can’t ..... stop .... the .... pen .... it .... keeps .... moving.... towards.... the contract....

...... damn it’s signed.

Yeah I get it, but there seemed to be a real risk Antipin made to sign in Buffalo, and it might have been not just poor form to go back on preliminary agreements, but bad policy that could prevent future FAS from considering the Sabres. Regardless of how much Bott liked him, coulda been a real tough spot he was put in.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Also, regarding the possibility that O'Regan was not loaned and the seeming certainty that Rodrigues was not, it must be kept in mind that teams can't loan themselves down below 18 skaters on the active roster. With Baptiste and Nelson going down, that means that no one else really can. What stands out then is this continuing reluctance to be willing to play the waiver wire. Why not pick up someone on waivers or see if you can acquire a roster filler for future considerations if it lets you make someone AHL eligible for the rest of the season?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Okay, much ado about nothing, then. Sorry for the false alarm.

He's a really good AHL-level scorer at this point. Given how the roster is looking for next year, I'm sure he'll get at least a Griffith level opportunity to show what he can do. That he has history of chemistry with Eichel and Rodrigues would lend me to believe Housley won't ever play him with either let alone together.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Today feels like a Christmas / New-Years holidays drop-in party where you cleaned the house, and did the downstairs bathroom twice, baked, cooked, and got a couple special variety packs of adult beverages, and the only people who came were a few neighbors down the street you don't have anything else in common with, and work colleagues whom you don't care for, and they didn't bring squat to pass around.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
One thing I have learned is that if HF is down, I will argue with people on twitter.

oh no, don't do it! Facebook & Twitter are truly where intelligence goes to die. Any debate quickly deteriorates into a grammar school level playground fight, before ultimately somehow transforming into a political debate. Although there isn't a profanity filter, so there's that...

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
On the upside, perhaps the lack of interest in trade leads to a low offer for Kane at free agency.

Who is up for 5 years at 5.5 and let Kane be the third line superstar he was always meant to be!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad