GDT: Trade Deadline Thread - Trades, Rumors, Speculation, etc.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
That’s not accurate

The regier-Murray tear down was not about a team that failed to perform up to par, that Rochester core team performed exactly up to par.

There’s a huge difference between scorching the earth by tearing down a core that isn’t capable... and today tearing the garbage around a core to help that core be successful

Your words not mine...

1. Change the room...they traded away the rochester core.

2. Change the talent mix...i.e infusing young talent like girgs, grigs, and buy low candidates like you also mentioned like Boyes. Signing leinos...granted we might be mixing up years here depending on when you view the start of the rebuild.

3. Change the "chemistry"...this is to ambiguous I won't touch it.

4. **** the salary cap...yeah we did that already if you haven't noticed. Cap space isn't exactly our friend. We blew tons of it on hodgson, leino, ehrhoff, okposo, bogosian, moulson, gorges, McCormick though you can't blame that one...etc etc. Maybe not saying **** the salary cap is the mood we need to get away from?! It' sure not helping us now...

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Mittlestadt-ROR-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Eichel-ORegan
Wilson-Asplund-Okposo
Fasching-Girgensons-Baptiste
Pominville

You roll 3 lines because Eichel can carry himself with two speedsters and Okposo is a match up killer down there. The rest is internal filler. You don’t buy out Pominville because you don’t want the cap hit later

Scandella-Risto
Guhle-Bogosian
McCabe-Antipin/Nelson
Beaulieu/Falk/Fedun

Like it or not Bogosian will have one more year of salvaging before given up on and bought out. He probably gets injured and here we go. The defense isn’t getting fixed unless a UFA or a UDFA magically appears. We just don’t have assets. That’s what our first is for. The depth will all turnover with our lot of depth defense in a couple years

Ullmark
Shouldn’t start but we’ve got nothing. Not surprising given our last GMs take on goalies. There’s always below average goalies to find for cheap. It’ll be time before a draft hit is found.

What matters is the locker room. I see a lot of the cancer gone and that’s the first step.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Mittlestadt-ROR-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Eichel-ORegan
Wilson-Asplund-Okposo
Fasching-Girgensons-Baptiste
Pominville

You roll 3 lines because Eichel can carry himself with two speedsters and Okposo is a match up killer down there. The rest is internal filler. You don’t buy out Pominville because you don’t want the cap hit later

Scandella-Risto
Guhle-Bogosian
McCabe-Antipin/Nelson
Beaulieu/Falk/Fedun

Like it or not Bogosian will have one more year of salvaging before given up on and bought out. He probably gets injured and here we go. The defense isn’t getting fixed unless a UFA or a UDFA magically appears. We just don’t have assets. That’s what our first is for. The depth will all turnover with our lot of depth defense in a couple years

Ullmark
Shouldn’t start but we’ve got nothing. Not surprising given our last GMs take on goalies. There’s always below average goalies to find for cheap. It’ll be time before a draft hit is found.

What matters is the locker room. I see a lot of the cancer gone and that’s the first step.

rushing Mittelstadt, Guhle, Asplund is not the answer

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
How about overpaying Stastny on a short term deal? It seems like a long shot. Maybe he needs a prove it type deal? I can't imagine him getting a long term deal at his current rate.

He fills a need in short term till Asplund, Mittlestadt or Pu are ready for 3c

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
rushing Mittelstadt, Guhle, Asplund is not the answer

It’s the answer if all you want is to see the shiny toys skate around and get lit up by vets every game all season long.

Ohhhh mitts looked great in a Sabres sweater. He was a minus 3 tonight and got smoked by Marchand, but hey at least he looked good doing it. :biglaugh:

Reactions: DJN21

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The VGK, who are the best team in the West despite being built with other team's trash, are THE proof that all it takes is competent management to build a good team. There is no reason if Botts is a competent GM that he can't make this a credible NHL team without taking half a decade (look no further than what Shero did with what looked like a hopeless tire fire in Newark).
Vegas wasn't even trying to build a good team, it just worked out that way, for now.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It’s the answer if all you want is to see the shiny toys skate around and get lit up by vets every game all season long.

Ohhhh mitts looked great in a Sabres sweater. He was a minus 3 tonight and got smoked by Marchand, but hey at least he looked good doing it.
Reinhart special?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Guhle Fasching and Smith all should be ready to make them jump- sink or swim for the latter two.

Mittlestadt is ready but I’d rather he plays AHL to get his lungs ready.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Guhle Fasching and Smith all should be ready to make them jump- sink or swim for the latter two.

I can’t see him leaving college to play in the AHL.

In

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This off season is going to get tiring with everyone suggesting rodriquez-eichel-o'regan lines as if because it worked in the NCAA against players not on the NHL level its going to magically work in the NHL.

Big dreaming

Reactions: DJN21

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Mittelstadt is ready? Really?

Why is next year a sink or swim for a first year player like CJ Smith? Or Fasching and his 86 AHL games?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This off season is going to get tiring with everyone suggesting rodriquez-eichel-o'regan lines as if because it worked in the NCAA against players not on the NHL level its going to magically work in the NHL.

Big dreaming
Maybe.
But there is no denying Rodriguez is coming of age in the NHL.
He absolutely owned Boston the other night. Maybe O'Regan has some of that. We won't know until he's suited up and put on the ice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Big dreaming

Why not try it when Eichel comes back to see if it has any advantages? If Jack can produce while ROR-Reinhart are a thing, that frees up Okposo to be the driver on another line.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Wawrow truly has no idea why guys like Tatar and Hartman brought back better returns than Kane. It's the term, stupid.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

Big dreaming

Yea, let's ignore their play outside of being together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad