Trade Deadline Thread (March 3)

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
If that is obvious then why are we acting like we can just jettison savoie because we have a Rosen in the bank still?
Rosen Kulich Ostlund Quinn Peterka 23 1st etc etc etc

Because none of our recent 1st round picks have depreciated in value in any way. They're likely worth more now than our 2023 1st is.

And you asked earlier if Savoie or Kulich are worth holding onto.....yes, yes they are. We can get another top 4 D somewhere else this offseason or next TDL that doesn't include giving them up. Chychrun isn't the last young top 4 D that will ever be dealt. Hell, he's probably not the last in the calendar year 2023.
I haven't asked if Savoie or Kulich are worth hanging onto. They obviously are, but they aren't worth more to me than our organization's #1 need.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Because none of our recent 1st round picks have depreciated in value in any way. They're likely worth more now than our 2023 1st is.

And you asked earlier if Savoie or Kulich are worth holding onto.....yes, yes they are. We can get another top 4 D somewhere else this offseason or next TDL that doesn't include giving them up. Chychrun isn't the last young top 4 D that will ever be dealt. Hell, he's probably not the last in the calendar year 2023.
take a team who sees its window opening next year or the year after, and 2 prospects that look like they are on 1-2 yr development tracks, ya I can see why KA values that more than a draft pick

mainly because I also value the shorter development over the draft pick

Reactions: Zman5778

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Rosen Kulich Ostlund Quinn Peterka 23 1st etc etc etc

I haven't asked if Savoie or Kulich are worth hanging onto. They obviously are, but they aren't worth more to me than our organization's #1 need.
the organizations #1 need is a #4 defensman, and we listed a bunch of players that are on track to develop into a lot more value than a #4 defenseman

literally has been 4 months of this discussion

all for including 1 of them in a deal for chychrun but it doesnt sound like 1 was the ask

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Huh? You wouldn't trade Kulich for Quinn Peterka Savoie?
We are not discussing trading Kulich for those three. We are discussing kulich+ for chychrun. It also doesn't help your case that savoie is someone I also mentioned should not be moved just a couple posts ago and imo Quinn and Peterka aren't even prospects anymore.

I am against overpaying and Kulich or Savoie are an overpay. I think Quinn would have been an overpay as well.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I am not so sure. He said last page he would have traded savoie or kulich for chychrun and I wouldn't.

If I have misinterpreted someone please let me know so I don't look even more like an idiot.

If that's the case, my mistake.

I wouldn't have dealt Kulich or Savoie for Chychrun either. They can pry those guys from my cold, typing cramped fingers.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
We are not discussing trading Kulich for those three. We are discussing kulich+ for chychrun. It also doesn't help your case that savoie is someone I also mentioned should not be moved just a couple posts ago and imo Quinn and Peterka aren't even prospects anymore.

I am against overpaying and Kulich or Savoie are an overpay. I think Quinn would have been an overpay as well.
These are all our pieces for the future who play the same position. We have a ton of scoring talent at forward. We need a top defenseman to compete. Losing one Savoie or one Kulich doesn't kill us. What makes you think we won't draft a better prospect this year?

If you can keep those players and give something else up great. There were likely other options like that available. One way or another, at some point, you're likely going to have to give up something of value for a defenseman in order for us to take the next step. We could do it now or later. I'm just in the camp of "why wait?"

We are in great shape to be able to do it now and maybe it helps us make the playoffs!! How cool would that be!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thirded, but we all ought to take care not to grow into Kravstov Is Untouchable guys

Ah... well... yeah. :biglaugh:

Either of those guys would require a player with more than just 2 1/4 seasons of control and would have to marked upgrades on a position of weakness. And since I can't think of a recent top-10 pick to be swapped into a player outside of BSchenn for Mike Richards about 12 years ago... the league doesn't seem to do that either.

Reactions: enthusiast

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
These are all our pieces for the future who play the same position. We have a ton of scoring talent at forward. We need a top defenseman to compete. Losing one Savoie or one Kulich doesn't kill us. What makes you think we won't draft a better prospect this year?

If you can keep those players and give something else up great. There were likely other options like that available. One way or another, at some point, you're likely going to have to give up something of value for a defenseman in order for us to take the next step. We could do it now or later. I'm just in the camp of "why wait?"

We are in great shape to be able to do it now and maybe it helps us make the playoffs!! How cool would that be!
I agree you will have to give something of value up. Nobody disagrees with that, but that doesn't mean you pay 10 dollars for a 2 dollar chocolate bar. You said it yourself we have a great prospect pool with prospects of all different values. It's bad business to overpay just because you can afford it.

Reactions: stealth1

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I wouldn't have dealt Kulich or Savoie for Chychrun either. They can pry those guys from my cold, typing cramped fingers.
If Arizona tells me that he’s taking an Ottawa 1 and 2 2s if I don’t trade them Savoie or Kulich plus…I’m telling him to go ahead and do it too. It’s just not happening. It’s not worth the conversation because I value both of them more than 2 years of Chychrun…and it’s not close. We have a bevy of other picks and prospects we can discuss that can more than beat your Ottawa ask…but me having a lot of nice things doesn’t devalue them individually.

Enjoy your underwhelming return i guess. Well played Arizona.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I agree you will have to give something of value up. Nobody disagrees with that, but that doesn't mean you pay 10 dollars for a 2 dollar chocolate bar. You said it yourself we have a great prospect pool with prospects of all different value. It's bad business to overpay just because you can afford it.
Fair enough. I just disagree that our prospects are so great that they're way more valuable than a young horse of a top 4d. It's not absurd to be open to that swap.

And lease, please don't turn this into I don't like Savoie or Kulich. I do. I give Adams credit for drafting them because they are valuable pieces.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If Arizona tells me that he’s taking an Ottawa 1 and 2 2s if I don’t trade them Savoie or Kulich plus…I’m telling him to go ahead and do it too. It’s just not happening. It’s not worth the conversation because I value both of them more than 2 years of Chychrun…and it’s not close. We have a bevy of other picks and prospects we can discuss that can more than beat your Ottawa ask…but me having a lot of nice things doesn’t devalue them individually.

Enjoy your underwhelming return i guess. Well played Arizona.

Yeah. The only way I'd consider including Savoie or Kulich in a trade for Chychrun is if we could somehow get Chychrun to guarantee under penalty of *insert here* that he would sign an 8-year extension for no more than $6M AAV at the first chance he could. Then I'd do it.

Reactions: stealth1

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012

i dont need a second line of 20yr olds, we have 1 now and its our achillies heel half the time

but arizona doesnt get kulich or savoie and then ask for the 1st+ on top of it, id slam the phone down and have an angry press conference after

wonder if this is what happned to LA, they offered up Clarke and armstrong said and a 1st and a 2nd and LA told him to have a smile and coke

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Thirded, but we all ought to take care not to grow into Kravstov Is Untouchable guys
Yeah but there are plenty of players I would trade anyone in the system for. New York was pulling their nonsense on a 1C they didn’t have. I have 2 top D. If the right player is being talked about…lets throw out like…a Tkachuk trade last off-season and he’s signing long term. Yeah…let’s go. I’ll do it.

That’s not 2 years of Chychrun

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Fair enough. I just disagree that our prospects are so great that they're way more valuable than a young horse of a top 4d. It's not absurd to be open to that swap.

And lease, please don't turn this into I don't like Savoie or Kulich. I do. I give Adams credit for drafting them because they are valuable pieces.
You have been very clear you like our prospects. I wouldn't assume you dislike Kulich or Savoie.

Reactions: TheBarnIsElectric

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Yeah. The only way I'd consider including Savoie or Kulich in a trade for Chychrun is if we could somehow get Chychrun to guarantee under penalty of *insert here* that he would sign an 8-year extension for no more than $6M AAV at the first chance he could. Then I'd do it.
and Krouse back :D

Makes sense given what they did at the deadline.

there it is!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad