GDT: Trade Deadline Thread | Judgement Day

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Sounds like another shady Vegas situation really shocking

I'm pissed that Verbeek just did them a HUUUUGGGEEEE solid taking that Dadonov contract for just a 2nd rounder.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There's definitely something wrong in the room. It seems that the real "glue" guys all left that bubble offseason (Tanev, Stectcher, Markstrom) and then everything just fell apart.

Hate beating a dead horse but when a lifetime, "going down with the ship" Canuck like Edler wants out then you know there's something wrong.

After literally the last game we played both Miller and Schenn criticized the preparation and compete level of their teammates. Its crazy. Crazy because this kind of stuff just doesn’t happen and even more crazy how little traction it gets in the media.

This dressing room is a mess and has been since 2020.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Horse shit that the league let’s trades of Ryan Kesler and Brian Little.

Embarrassing. Close the f***ing loop holes already.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Especially since we'll be paying something like 9MM combined on Demko, Halak, Holtby, and league minimum backup already. A backup costing more than league minimum pushes us close to $10MM which is pretty damn pathetic.

That’s like Luongo and Schneider all over again lol.

Reactions: Billy Kvcmu

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
After literally the last game we played both Miller and Schenn criticized the preparation and compete level of their teammates. Its crazy. Crazy because this kind of stuff just doesn’t happen and even more crazy how little traction it gets in the media.

It is really crazy. For anyone who hasn’t heard those two interviews, go take a listen. I’ve never heard players throw their teammates under the bus quite like this. I get that the trade deadline was today, but I still can’t believe this isn’t getting more attention.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It is really crazy. For anyone who hasn’t heard those two interviews, go take a listen. I’ve never heard players throw their teammates under the bus quite like this. I get that the trade deadline was today, but I still can’t believe this isn’t getting more attention.
Where are these interviews?

Nevermind I found them

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
49EBE0B5-ACA8-47F6-B8DC-00395B66B67A.jpeg

;)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

I also think that with the clear recent respect those two have gotten from management that upper management… agrees.

I felt like that was maybe the case when Allvin went out of the way to mention how different it is to Crosby, but I wonder if some of the upcoming changes are more drastic than we expect.

Guess we will find out in 90-120 days.

Reactions: B-rock

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

missed this earlier wonder who he was talking about?

I never heard about this story…until now.

Apparently it was when they got swept, so if it's the Canucks, it must be 2013 he is talking about. Derek Roy looks like the only notable name during the 2013 trade deadline.
Otherwise the Ducks got swept in 2018, which involved Anaheim picking up Chimera for Wagner. Or signing Chris Kelly as a free agent.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Yeah, I just … it’s nuts. It doesn’t happen to have those kinds of comments from veteran NHL players about teammates. Especially a guy like Mr. Solid Citizen Luke Schenn.

But nobody blinks an eye. It’s like it’s happened so much over the past couple years everyone is just numb to it.

And when you look at the comments, they aren’t being made about depth players and the Motte line. It’s pretty clear that they’re pointed at 40 and 6 who have been perimeter ghosts at ES all year.

I also think that with the clear recent respect those two have gotten from management that upper management… agrees.

I felt like that was maybe the case when Allvin went out of the way to mention how different it is to Crosby, but I wonder if some of the upcoming changes are more drastic than we expect.

Guess we will find out in 90-120 days.

Absolutely.

You definitely have to wonder if part of the reason that guys like Schenn and Miller are still here is because of this. Allvin seems aware that there is a problem.

And you wonder who will be going this summer, and how safe Horvat and Pettersson really are.

Reactions: Dab, Red and B-rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad