Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
21F01E42-7AF0-4A20-A818-1B9D40F756F0.gif

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
So to recap the latest rumors regarding the Canucks -

Irf and Quads have sources saying the Canucks aren’t done.

Patrick Johnston reports the Canucks are trying to see if they can find a new home for Tanner Pearson.

Smart if true re: Pearson... he's probably playing some of his best hockey for us right now since he's been with the team. Something like Pearson to a contender for a 2nd + B prospect would be fine

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I haven't been this excited as a Canucks fan for roster change in a long time.

Everything was so predictable and predictably bad with Benning. Now I actually have hope.

That hope might be crushed tomorrow but it's exciting to for once not actually know what our management group is going to do let alone what the outcome of their telegraphed moves will be. If we can make some significant moves tomorrow like a big Miller trade and/or dumping more salary on defense, it could be huge for getting on track to contention again.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I want to be blown away by the trades tomorrow but I'm expecting a medicore day. I don't think the buyers are going to be as active, most of the heavyweights teams have made their moves. I guess we find out if hedging his playoffs/deadline options meant JR left his run too late.

Reactions: Dab

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
For those not aware, both Pearson and Myers have full NTCs that become partial in the offseason. So if they aren't moved now it's most likely because they were either blocked trades or management feels there will be a larger market then.
Or nobody wanted Myers.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I want to be blown away by the trades tomorrow but I'm expecting a medicore day. I don't think the buyers are going to be as active, most of the heavyweights teams have made their moves. I guess we find out if hedging his playoffs/deadline options meant JR left his run too late.

"We ran out of time..."

Same quote, different Jim.

Reactions: Grub and Nucker101

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
For those not aware, both Pearson and Myers have full NTCs that become partial in the offseason. So if they aren't moved now it's most likely because they were either blocked trades or management feels there will be a larger market then.
I dont see a whole lot happening tomorrow...If there are major moves, I see them happening during the off season..

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I dont see a whole lot happening tomorrow...If there are major moves, I see them happening during the off season..

Ditto but I didn't expect them to do either of today's trades either so I am very intrigued. After these last three games, tomorrow can range from nothing happens to a total sell-off.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I'm only expecting Motte and Hunt gone for sure. Pearson maybe.

I don't think anyone wants Halak or Chiasson but if we can get a 7th for either one of them, great. Maybe we'll get super lucky and some idiot GM will want one of Myers, Poolman, or Dickinson.

Boeser/Garland/Miller - if we're still getting low-balled, hold on to them.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Ditto but I didn't expect them to do either of today's trades either so I am very intrigued. After these last three games, tomorrow can range from nothing happens to a total sell-off.
1 point out of a possible 6 in the last 3 games (no playoffs) will accelerate the GM's appetite for moving guys out tomorrow.. (if the price is right)...I'm expecting mostly bottom of the roster moves....If they can move out a big salary, all the power to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00