Trade Deadline Thread | Current Status: Medium Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If they do trade Lindholm, have to wonder if they still target a middle 6 C given that was the intention with Lindholm initially.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I wonder if Dubas has regrets for saying he would make the trade today. If he doesn’t, he will find himself surrounded by vultures.

Maybe shanny kept this guy from totally destroying the leafs future…. Wait a minute …

Reactions: andora

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Carolina has a very deep prospect pool, if they want Guentzel badly they can easily outbid us.

But I think the question is - can JR bamboozle Dubas into taking less than he can get?

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Guenztel is 95% coming here.

As long as we don't blow our load on the return, this team has the deepest forward group in the league.

He will fit like a glove on either of the top two lines.
Agreed, we will never find out, but would love to know if he weaponized his NTC to force the trade to us and Allvin and Jim knew and get him at 65% cost or something amazing.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Doesn’t really seem like a Carolina move to package prospect and picks for a pure rental, does it?

But at what point do they actually go for it, right.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
If JR gets Guenztel at a discount despite all the noise, just build him a statue outside Rogers Arena right now.

That would be pure wizardry.

Doesn’t really seem like a Carolina move to package prospect and picks for a pure rental, does it?

But at what point do they actually go for it, right.

And that's why I think we got him. Sounds like he would prefer to sign here long term. So this might be contingent on a sign and trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad