Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

1709758864750.jpeg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm pretty sure JR will get his guy. But I'm also sure we aren't going to love the cost. Best prepare yourself now to see Lekkerimaki or Willander going the other way.

I mean it's Drance but he's been very vocal the last little bit on how much the canucks really like Lekk, Willander, and EP2 and they are essentially untouchable. Of course no one is truly untouchable but it's going to take much more than a 29 year old rental to pry them loose. Even an extended Guentzel doesn't pry them loose IMO. Absolutely everything else is on the table except probably Hoglander. They need his contract for next year.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'm trying not to keep looking backwards, but can you imagine the fear we'd all be experiencing right now if Captain Craptastic was still at the helm?

Things could still turn out badly but at least we know a couple of people with at least some business acumen are running the show.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Vector said:
On Canucks talk Dhaliwal said that he thinks the Canucks made an offer on Zucker and they don't believe Lindholm can play centre.

That's pretty much exactly my take on Lindholm. He's a Boeser-esque soft skill winger and can't play C in Tocchet's system, even if his faceoff numbers look good.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I just don't see how a deal gets done without Lekkerimaki/Willander when you have multiple other suitors.

If JR manages to escape with Guenztel and minimal value going the other way, he is a f***ing magician.

Then we don't do it, it's really that simple. This isn't a 1 year window, we should be in the mix for the next 3 years as long as Hughes (and Demko to a lesser extent) is on his current deal.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Fired..that sounds a bit harsh..wonder why..?

Was he hanging out at lap dance clubs when he should’ve been scouting..?

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm trying not to keep looking backwards, but can you imagine the fear we'd all be experiencing right now if Captain Craptastic was still at the helm?

Things could still turn out badly but at least we know a couple of people with at least some business acumen are running the show.

I know exactly what would have happened.

Dim Jim would have moved Willander for Lindholm, called him a "foundational player" to the media, immediately signed him to a 9x8 without negotiating, and then panicked in the summer because he ran out of cap space to sign Pettersson and Hronek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad