Trade Deadline Thread | Current Status: Medium Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
That 2014 draft was one that stands out so clearly to me. There were a lot of posters high on Nylander and Ehlers with slightly different takes on which was better. Then there was the big, power forward group of posters that wanted one of Ritchie, Virtanen, and Perlini. Interesting that these three are all out of the league now in what should be their prime. But the biggest misses for most teams were failing to select Pastrnak or Point.
I was definitely on team Nylander/Ehlers.

I didn't mind the McCann pick. But I desperately wanted them to select Point with their 2nd or 3rd rounder. I also remember some reports about Mangiapane and wanted him with a late pick. Could have overhauled the franchise immediately. Instead we get the decade of Benning.

Reactions: iceburg

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I don’t really want Toffoli. Slow, skating has taken a massive hit this season, and doesn’t create play. He’s pretty much a poorer version of Boeser now. Not sure he’s exactly what we need. He’s a finisher yeah, we can always use more of those, but at the expense of a couple of assets I’d much rather hold on for an actual difference maker.

Buchnevich is a top line all situations forward and has an extra year at under $6M. I’d much rather use assets to acquire him and I can see him being a more long term option.

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Edited:

Looking at Toffoli’s NHL edge data, he has lost a step over the past year or so.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
He should be a good forechecker; big and fast. But lacks the tenacity or understanding of how to actually do it effectively.

He lacks consistency, he'll get angry once in a while and looks like a scary 6'6 powerforward then can go games floating.

He's basically a bigger slightly faster Joshua, with less consistency.

Like Joshua, Greenway has underrated hands and can make some nice passes around the net where he feeds the slot pretty good.

He can't really shoot though.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I don’t really want Toffoli. Slow, skating has taken a massive hit this season, and doesn’t create play. He’s pretty much a poorer version of Boeser now. Not sure he’s exactly what we need. He’s a finisher yeah, we can always use more of those, but at the expense of a couple of assets I’d much rather hold on for an actual difference maker.

Buchnevich is a top line all situations forward and has an extra year at under $6M. I’d much rather use assets to acquire him and I can see him being a more long term option.
IMG_1149.gif

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

I'd wager Buchnevich starts with Hoglander+.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I perfectly content on not trading Lindholm away to Boston for a bunch of scrubs. Would rather throw him into the top 6 and let him find chemistry with Pettersson or JT. Trade for another potential top 6 forward (Toffoli/Zucker) and.maybe some depth/grit for the bottom 6 and call it a day.

Lindholm is streaky, maybe he will pick things up in the playoffs. If he doesn't, let him go.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don’t know why Greenway gets mentioned as a good forechecker. Have people seen this guy play?
They haven't.

He's so underwhelming.

The only thing remotely interesting about him is that he's 6'5. I swear the scouting reports of some pro scouts must have no notes beyond a player's height.

Reactions: Vector

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t know why Greenway gets mentioned as a good forechecker. Have people seen this guy play?
I don’t think he’s a good one now, but I see him similar to Joshua ie I think Tocchet can make him one.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
They haven't.

He's so underwhelming.

The only thing remotely interesting about him is that he's 6'5. I swear the scouting reports of some pro scouts must have no notes beyond a player's height.
He also quite a good penalty killer but that’s about it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
One gets a bit nervous thinking about Toffoli, and Kessel being defensive liabilities..Especially against teams like the Oilers,Av's , Knights..Being caught up ice against teams like that, is definitely asking for trouble.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Dhaliwal notes:

Guentzel:

No change from yesterday. Canucks having a tough time coming up the assets.

Some think the Pens want Hoglander and Lekkerimaki. This is too rich. Canucks don't want to part with Willander or Lekkerimaki

After those prospects it's a lot less appealing to other teams.

Not just working on Guentzel. They have lines out on other players.

Toffoli/Zucker/Kessel:
Next best out there is Toffoli. Canucks have big time interest. Price on Toffoli will be big. Teams out on Guentzel will go to him as option 2.

Toffoli isn't a new thing. They would have planted the seeds interest wise awhile ago.

Zucker is still someone they're poking around on.

Kessel: They're working out the details. Do they waive him and send him to Abby? Do they do a conditioning stint for 2 weeks? These are different things, is Kessel a part of the team or a injury call up stuck in Abbotsford

Moving Lindholm:

Dhaliwal was told the Canucks have to be careful re: trading Lindholm. His young family just arrived in Vancouver. Team culture has to be considered, how does this effect the view of the team in the future ?

They took this into account when considering dealing Schenn last year.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Dhaliwal notes:

Guentzel:

Some think the Pens want Hoglander and Lekkerimaki. This is too rich. Canucks don't want to part with Willander or Lekkerimaki

Toffoli/Zucker:
Next best out there is Toffoli. Canucks have big time interest. Price on Toffoli will be big. Teams out on Guentzel will go to him as option 2.

Toffoli isn't a new thing. They would have planted the seeds interest wise awhile ago.

Kessel: They're working out the details. Do they waive him and send him to Abby? Do they do a conditioning stint for 2 weeks?

Moving Lindholm:

Dhaliwal was told the Canucks have to be careful re: trading Lindholm. His young family just arrived in Vancouver. Team culture has to be considered, how does this effect the view of the team in the future ?

f*** off Dubas

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Dhaliwal notes:

Guentzel:

Toffoli/Zucker:

Kessel: They're working out the details. Do they waive him and send him to Abby? Do they do a conditioning stint for 2 weeks?

Moving Lindholm:

Thanks.

Seems like non-CGY sellers are still holding out for high prices.

You can tell Dhaliwal always talks to agents lol

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
One gets a bit nervous thinking about Toffoli, and Kessel being defensive liabilities..Especially against teams like the Oilers,Av's , Knights..Being caught up ice against teams like that, is definitely asking for trouble.
As opposed to?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Dhaliwal notes:

Guentzel:

Toffoli/Zucker/Kessel:

Moving Lindholm:

This is precisely what I thought about moving Lindholm..optically it would bad to flip him...

I'm still going to be patient with this player..He can go from zero to hero in a heartbeat (according to Flames fans), but has been fairly quiet so far this season.

Reactions: Nomobo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad