Trade Deadline Thread | Current Status: Medium Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Mgmt dropping the ball so far.

Appear so fixated on Guentzel, everything else is passing them by.
I mean we know that's not true, we've heard plenty of rumors about being in on other players like Greenway and Zucker; plus anyone else who we don't know about. We've also only been what, the most active team in the league in trades this year. Colorado making two moves at the deadline doesnt change how much roster turnover we've had in the past 6 months.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Absolutely not :laugh: He carries a 3 mil cap hit this year and next. This team is lacking a top 6 forward, a top 4 RD, and cap space
They don't have the assets for any of that unless they're willing to trade the top 3 prospects or Hoglander.

If Greenway isn't the target, Maroon or someone like him should be.

Also, the Canucks are interested in Greenway. It's not just me saying it. Disagree with it all you want, but don't act like I'm the one coming up with this, lol.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's less assets, the Canucks have enough to make a few moves, but cap space. They have enough for one depth move and that's it. So management needs to find a way to move Mikheyev or place someone on LTIR.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I blame Dubas.

If that stupid four-eyed millennial baby took our shit offer for Guentzel yesterday like he was suppose to, could have been in on other deals today.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I mean we know that's not true, we've heard plenty of rumors about being in on other players like Greenway and Zucker; plus anyone else who we don't know about. We've also only been what, the most active team in the league in trades this year. Colorado making two moves at the deadline doesnt change how much roster turnover we've had in the past 6 months.
You only want Zucker if Mik is going the other way.

Greenway is at best a 3rd line W.

This team needs someone in the Top 6 badly.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It's less assets, the Canucks have enough to make a few moves, but cap space. They have enough for one depth move and that's it. So management needs to find a way to move Mikheyev or place someone on LTIR.

The Guentzel rumors make it sound the exact opposite of this. They seem to think they can accommodate him salary-wise.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
To me the Greenway rumour is to put pressure on Joshua to sign. Acquiring Greenway and his $3M contract for next season basically eliminates any chance of re-signing Joshua IMO.
Trading Mikheyev's 4.75 for Greenway's 3 prevents the Canucks from re-signing Joshua? Wut?

Please explain this logic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad