Speculation: Trade Deadline Rumors/Speculation Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
A Florida trade would obviously be for either Brassard or Reimer. I would be okay with either. I think Reimer messes with our cap structure unless there is some kind of retention. Brassard would be a solid 3rd line winger.
IIRC, after the trade from Pit,Brassard said getting less minutes on the 3rd line was one of the reasons he sucked there and that he wanted more minutes to get in the zone and be more actively into the game. It would probably be the same situation here. I’d avoid unless the cost is really low.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
One guy to throw out there that no one will mention here from that game. Jason Pominville. Yes he’s old but he’s an FA after this year, probably would be pretty cheap and is scoring right around .5 PPG

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Really hoping for Zuccarello, Dzingel or Nyquist. I’ve accepted that we aren’t landing any of the big three names. It just sucks that there is a good chance they all go west. Worst case, Panarin to Calgary, Duchene to Nashville, Stone to Winnipeg.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
It’s amazing how much talent comes from Ottawa yet they can never hold on to their stars (I realize Duchene wasn’t, but still). They’re like the A’s of hockey. And that’s sad cuz I’m an A’s fan.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'll remain optimistic, and say this is the precursor to a quantity for quality type deal.

If he's the 13th forward and his amount of games are limited to immediate fill-in type situations for injuries then I'm okay with it. I'd rather Gambrell or any other waiver exempt player we have play on the Barracuda than sit in the press box. The issue comes if he is played regularly because while I may dislike the effectiveness of guys like Goodrow or Sorensen or Karlsson, they're better options than Haley.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Little bored today watching status bars go by, so here's my dream scenario:

Trade Martin Jones + Justin Braun + Prospect for Bobrovsky
Trade Melker, Chmelevski, Merkely, Panthers Second for Stone + Dzingel
Put Dell on the wrong airplane to somewhere far away, or whatever.

Kane - Hertl - Stone
Meier - Couture - Donskoi
Lebanc - Thornton - Pavelski
Radil - Dzingel - Sorenson
Haley

Vlasic - Karlsson
Simek - Burns
Dillon - Ryan
Heed

Bobrovsky
Korenar

Depending on Bob's next contract, might be able to re-sign everyone next season, worst case we lose Pavelski.

Tell you what though, cup or not, that'd be a great cup finals with Tampa vs that team, haha.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Little bored today watching status bars go by, so here's my dream scenario:

Trade Martin Jones + Justin Braun + Prospect for Bobrovsky
Trade Melker, Chmelevski, Merkely, Panthers Second for Stone + Dzingel
Put Dell on the wrong airplane to somewhere far away, or whatever.

Kane - Hertl - Stone
Meier - Couture - Donskoi
Lebanc - Thornton - Pavelski
Radil - Dzingel - Sorenson
Haley

Vlasic - Karlsson
Simek - Burns
Dillon - Ryan
Heed

Bobrovsky
Korenar

Depending on Bob's next contract, might be able to re-sign everyone next season, worst case we lose Pavelski.

Tell you what though, cup or not, that'd be a great cup finals with Tampa vs that team, haha.
giphy.gif

SuperStarFerraro

Jun 21, 2018
Why in the f*** would DW get Haley!? What in the actual f***.. Sure she’d almost 1m Salary to get a hockey player who sucks that’s why he didn’t get resigned... it was a blessing when Florida got him... now he’s claimed by the sharks.. we need offensive help on our third Line! Or a goalie who can actually make a save. This is the stupidest thing ever to wake up to.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad