Speculation: Trade Deadline Rumors/Speculation Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would suspect Miller is probably better than Dell, but it's never definitive in a small stretch of games played. Since any goalie (or player at all) can play well over a short stretch and vice versa. Like when a barely average goalie like Reimer plays amazing for however many games it was in 2016, while an elite Ed Belfour plays like a bum over a short stretch between the deadline and end of the season.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I would suspect Miller is probably better than Dell, but it's never definitive in a small stretch of games played. Since any goalie (or player at all) can play well over a short stretch and vice versa. Like when a barely average goalie like Reimer plays amazing for however many games it was in 2016, while an elite Ed Belfour plays like a bum over a short stretch between the deadline and end of the season.

He’s played 40 games over the past two seasons. Is that really a small stretch?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s played 40 games over the past two seasons. Is that really a small stretch?
When I say a small stretch, I'm talking about what happens between the post-trade deadline and the end of the regular season, where he may only start 5-8 games.

I suspect he'll start on the higher end of that figure, if he is traded for. And anything can happen over that small a stretch of starts.

I would still say Miller is probably better than Dell and you aren't gonna get much worse than Jones this year, unless you can get Mike Smith or Keith Kinkaid here. That shit head Talbot already ended up traded to Philly, so there's one other worse option than Jones.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I love the trade deadline. I’m not going to get any work done on Monday though :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

:laugh: Gotta love it.

"There might be something there. Unless there isn't. But hey, it could either be something or it could be nothing. It doesn't mean the media is wrong, but it also doesn't mean they're not wrong. It might even mean they're not not not wrong. LOOK AT HOW RELEVANT I AM!!!!"

Reactions: Kegsey

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
:laugh: Gotta love it.

"There might be something there. Unless there isn't. But hey, it could either be something or it could be nothing. It doesn't mean the media is wrong, but it also doesn't mean they're not wrong. It might even mean they're not not not wrong. LOOK AT HOW RELEVANT I AM!!!!"
Yin and yang, heads and tails, yes and no.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
To be fair, Doug won't talk about anything until it happens even if we do know what's going on which is super rare.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
FWIW, Brent Burns follows the guy who tweeted Miller to SJ. So do David Pollak, Kevin Kurz, Bob McKenzie, and a few other reputable hockey guys.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I bet Chmelevski looks incredibly attractive to Ottawa right now. Would hate to see him go but could be worth a lot more in Ottawa than to most other locations just considering to 67s connection.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
And it makes sense. I would bet theres an 80% chance legit. I mean he even knew the pick and that it's likely a rental. Solves our golie problem and still allows us to make another move easily.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I bet Chmelevski looks incredibly attractive to Ottawa right now. Would hate to see him go but could be worth a lot more in Ottawa than to most other locations just considering to 67s connection.
I made a post on the Sens forums (67’s OT thread) yesterday asking how they liked Chlemevski. The general consensus was that they really like him and he was the best player by far on that team. Also his upside is 2C on a good team or 1C on an average team.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I wouldn't mind Miller depending on the cost. He should be cheaper than Howard or Bob but it's a division rival so who knows. Miller is not a starter anymore but he could still be good in short doses. But if Jones falls apart or gets injured in the playoffs I can't see Miller taking us to the promised land.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I'm interested to see how Jones reacts. Even if we don't pull the trigger on a goalie the fact that there's rumors DW is looking for one should hopefully light a fire under his ass.

Reactions: slocal

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
When our beat writers get scooped on every trade and signing are we supposed to take them seriously in any trade matters?

Yah not buying it at all. They are basically saying we haven't heard that and the teams are not confirming. Means nothing

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I'm interested to see how Jones reacts. Even if we don't pull the trigger on a goalie the fact that there's rumors DW is looking for one should hopefully light a fire under his ass.
Goalie isn’t really a position where you light a fire. It’s not one of those things where playing harder is better like it is when you’re a skater.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Miller is fine as a replacement for Dell, but they still need a replacement for Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad