Speculation: Trade Deadline Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah no thanks to Girardi. Brown has actually been serviceable this season, according to Rangers fans Girardi has completely fallen off a cliff

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
No thanks to Nash too. Don't want Penner 2.0 on the team (plus we already have King)

Last edited:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I really shouldn't have visited the Rangers board. :shakehead

We have some interesting posters in our board so sorry about that

I think Nash would approve a trade to LA, don't see it being in-season though. Too many moving pieces for both sides to make the salary work during the season

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
We have some interesting posters in our board so sorry about that

I think Nash would approve a trade to LA, don't see it being in-season though. Too many moving pieces for both sides to make the salary work during the season

I don't think he will work in Sutter's system. He also has an ugly contract and he's 32. Kings need to get younger.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I don't think he will work in Sutter's system. He also has an ugly contract and he's 32. Kings need to get younger.

I can't speak to whether or not he would work on the team, you would know better than I.

A poster on our board who is vetted said the Kings were pursuing Nash at the draft, but the offers weren't enough

I doubt he is moved to the Kings to be honest :dunno:

I can appreciate the Kings trying to get younger though, Rangers are trying to make a similar transition

Yeah no thanks to Girardi. Brown has actually been serviceable this season, according to Rangers fans Girardi has completely fallen off a cliff

Girardi is a AHL defenseman being paid like a #1

He will be bought out this summer I believe. No team is taking him with his contract

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Girardi has two fewer seasons on his contract than Brown, with a lower cap hit. You might be able to talk me into that deal(although Brown has been better than his last few years), maybe even Lombardi, but I very much doubt the Rangers would do it, no matter what Girardi is or isn't doing.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Girardi has two fewer seasons on his contract than Brown, with a lower cap hit. You might be able to talk me into that deal(although Brown has been better than his last few years), maybe even Lombardi, but I very much doubt the Rangers would do it, no matter what Girardi is or isn't doing.

If Matt Greene retires, it would basically be Brown and Greene for Girardi. Rangers as you say have no incentive to do that though, they have plenty of offensive depth.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can't speak to whether or not he would work on the team, you would know better than I.

A poster on our board who is vetted said the Kings were pursuing Nash at the draft, but the offers weren't enough

I doubt he is moved to the Kings to be honest :dunno:

I can appreciate the Kings trying to get younger though, Rangers are trying to make a similar transition

That's interesting and also not really surprising. Big forward, possible reclamation project, veteran with warts. So it does make sense at least. Don't get me wrong, do not want, but still :P

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I see nothing has changed for Trolfoli. I said the cap would be stagnant, or might even go down. The cap has been stagnant for 2 years and is not going to rise much if at all next season, but Trolfoli believes the cap going up by a miniscule amount has helped the Kings salary cap situation.

Oh and no, the Kopitar deal doesn't suck, because he'll bounce back to score 15 goals next season. Trolfoli you haven't been right about anything starting from your first post, but keep trying, because even a blind squirrel..., a stopped clock...

The Kopitar contract 100% sucks!!! The only surprise? It started sucking in Year 1 of the deal.

I wouldn't have signed Kopitar to that contract.

It is , what it is.

But man, 14 million dollars for six goals in 49 games. OUCH!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I wouldn't have signed Kopitar to that contract.

It is , what it is.

But man, 14 million dollars for six goals in 49 games. OUCH!

It's spilt milk now, but it will be a semi-anchor around the GM of the Kings for another 7 years.

At this point I think you have to look at moving Martinez. To my surprise the Kings younger and cheaper defensemen look like they can hand 4-6 duty.

Moving Martinez to gain youth and depth up front seems to be the move to make this season. I don't see the Kings contending this year, so no reason to allow Martinez to become a wasting asset when a team in contention would likely give up a top prospect forward or young NHL forward to acquire him.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The Kings basically have no cupboard. Even keeping all of their picks in a meh draft isn't going top restock it. They're going to have to move a Martinez or Muzzin or Carter to do it. Maybe Lombardi manages to grab a 2nd for King at the deadline. That'd help, but it's going to take something drastic, because moving Clifford or Gaborik aint going to cut it.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's spilt milk now, but it will be a semi-anchor around the GM of the Kings for another 7 years.

At this point I think you have to look at moving Martinez. To my surprise the Kings younger and cheaper defensemen look like they can hand 4-6 duty.

Moving Martinez to gain youth and depth up front seems to be the move to make this season. I don't see the Kings contending this year, so no reason to allow Martinez to become a wasting asset when a team in contention would likely give up a top prospect forward or young NHL forward to acquire him.

Keep in mind how sour this place looked going into the playoffs every year since 2012. I don't think this organization with all it's elite players at important positions can ever look at making the playoffs in such a way that 'yeahhhh we're not really in it so let's trade our clutch, veteran #4.' With that mindset, everyone is a wasting asset.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers fan coming in peace. Been to a game at Staples before in 2013, nice arena, great atmosphere.

I think they're scouting Brodzinsky. Just a hunch. Here's my logic: He has decent size similar to Vesey, and he's a Minny kid. Shooter which they're trying to get more of. Rangers have a faction from Minny on the big squad (McD, Stepan, Skjei) as well as Fogarty in the minors who is the same age as Brodz, so you know the scout have seen him.

What will they offer? I think a combo of 1-2 picks (non first rounder) a minor leaguer with an OK skill set like a Tambelini, and perhaps someone like Kevin Klein. Remember, Rangers want to protect Grabner because he fits so well in the system. They're also trying to get younger which they started this past summer. Nash/Klein are on the way out, Girardi will most likely be bought out or relegated to a 6-7 D next year, and there's even rumors going around that one of Stepan or Zuc will be traded for picks and a RHD most likely this summer post expansion draft. So Brodz would help with depth up front.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Rangers fan coming in peace. Been to a game at Staples before in 2013, nice arena, great atmosphere.

I think they're scouting Brodzinsky. Just a hunch. Here's my logic: He has decent size similar to Vesey, and he's a Minny kid. Shooter which they're trying to get more of. Rangers have a faction from Minny on the big squad (McD, Stepan, Skjei) as well as Fogarty in the minors who is the same age as Brodz, so you know the scout have seen him.

What will they offer? I think a combo of 1-2 picks (non first rounder) a minor leaguer with an OK skill set like a Tambelini, and perhaps someone like Kevin Klein. Remember, Rangers want to protect Grabner because he fits so well in the system. They're also trying to get younger which they started this past summer. Nash/Klein are on the way out, Girardi will most likely be bought out or relegated to a 6-7 D next year, and there's even rumors going around that one of Stepan or Zuc will be traded for picks and a RHD most likely this summer post expansion draft. So Brodz would help with depth up front.

Kings are trying to get younger as well.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Kings are trying to get younger as well.

Definitely, but I think they're in a situation where they also want to make the playoffs as well. That's why 1-2 picks would come back in any trade with the Rangers, the old "get a mid round pick and swing for a boom or bust unknown European/NCAA player" angle.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'd say Brodzinski is a better option than the unknown. He's only 23 and leading Ontario in goal scoring in only his second pro season. He's one of their only prospects capable of producing offense. They'll be getting rid of older, established veterans for picks before giving up one of their better prospects.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Yeah, can't imagine they move Brodzinski for picks. We need picks, but we also need scoring wingers and goalies. So, it'd seem counter productive from the Kings stand point. (imo)

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I don't see the Kings trading Brodzinski for prospects. Not for Klein. Kings finally have the makings of a good blue line and don't want older guys with term that will make the cap issues worse.

Kings want to get younger and have Toffoli and Pearson as RFAs. Brodzinski can help the Kings down the middle if Vegas takes Dowd.

Rangers aren't a good fit for the kings.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I don't see the Kings trading Brodzinski for prospects. Not for Klein. Kings finally have the makings of a good blue line and don't want older guys with term that will make the cap issues worse.

Kings want to get younger and have Toffoli and Pearson as RFAs. Brodzinski can help the Kings down the middle if Vegas takes Dowd.

Rangers aren't a good fit for the kings.

What's Brodz's potential at the NHL level? Like a 20G-20A guy peak sorta like Bates Battaglia and Mike Leclerc back 15 years ago? Klein only has 1 year left. I just can't see the Rangers spending so much time/so many resources scouting just Tom Gilbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad