Speculation: Trade Deadline Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
I feel bad for Iginla, because with the way the Kings have been playing they are not going to make the playoffs. If i was him i would have vetoed this trade. He should have went to a contender, and the LA Kings are not contenders.

Im sure players look at teams much differently than spoiled fans do

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
If people wanted the Kings to sell, the time to sell is in the offseason once we know what we have after expansion.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
In isolation, this trade is okay. Terms are terrific. But in context of the last few years, we're going backward. We're doing a short-term fix again and again and again. I am excited about our defensive young guys, but we need better forward prospects. All we have coming up the next several years are bottom-sixers.

Maybe nobody is offering top 6 forward prospects?

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Iginla: ''I can't wait to compete with the Kings''

that's good to hear...maybe...JUST MAYBE, he will inspire some laggards here.
If he can just do that...it is worth it.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Just here to provide my un-requested blessing of the Iginla trade.

*splashes holy water*

Carry on, best of luck the rest of the way guys. Hopefully you take the Blues out of the playoff picture!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Worth a shot at the price.

So the Kings were "buyers" but they did so at the 99 Cent Store. Where this team is at, I can't really be upset about it.

Vinny was a corpse as well but was great for this team on offense. Maybe Iginla can do a bit of the same.

These are proud guys when you talk about all-time great players like Vinny and Iginla. Iginla doesn't have a Cup and just got moved from an abomination of a team.

I think he'll have some jump to his game. Can't underestimate the effect it has on a room when an all-time great is added, even at the end of his career. We've got some young guys in this room and now they are playing with Iginla. That's not too shabby in the short and long term view. Good experience.

He's still a bit of an ass hole which is good because this team is seriously lacking in the ass hole department.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Worth a shot at the price.

So the Kings were "buyers" but they did so at the 99 Cent Store. Where this team is at, I can't really be upset about it.

Vinny was a corpse as well but was great for this team on offense. Maybe Iginla can do a bit of the same.

These are proud guys when you talk about all-time great players like Vinny and Iginla. Iginla doesn't have a Cup and just got moved from an abomination of a team.

I think he'll have some jump to his game. Can't underestimate the effect it has on a room when an all-time great is added, even at the end of his career. We've got some young guys in this room and now they are playing with Iginla. That's not too shabby in the short and long term view. Good experience.

He's still a bit of an ass hole which is good because this team is seriously lacking in the ass hole department.
Play him on a line with Kempe, maybe the kid will learn to not play scared.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
If Kings Miss Playoffs:

Bishop walks in trade for UFA and middle prospect

Iginla walks for nothing

King (UFA) was traded for 4th rounder, possibly 3rd if conditions are met.

So at most, if all of these deals don't pan out, we gave up 2 UFAs and a prospect(in a position of strength) for a 4th, possibly a 3rd.

These deals probably won't put us over the top, but it doesn't ruin our future either.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
If Kings Miss Playoffs:

Iginla walks for nothing

So at most, if all of these deals don't pan out, we gave up 2 UFAs and a prospect(in a position of strength) for a 4th, possibly a 3rd.

These deals probably won't put us over the top, but it doesn't ruin our future either.

Not sure how we catch the Blues or Calgary. Blues have 3 more with Colorado and 3 with Arizona and only 2 B to B's left.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I guess reading before posting isn't your strong suit.I said the "KINGS" just got worse and older. Lol :shakehead

I guess you just missed the sarcasm about a ridiculous point. You worry about age over the long term not 1 month. Jeez.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
If Kings Miss Playoffs:

Iginla walks for nothing

Also, Kings turned a 7th into a 5th in Bishop deal, so in affect they traded up there.

Past picks 5th round or later include (admittedly over the last 25 years, but not impossible to get an NHLer down there):

Jonny Brodzinsky
Colin Miller
Paul LaDue
Kevin Gravel
Jordan Nolan
Nick Dowd
Andrei Loktionov
Cristobal Huet
George Parros
Kimmo Timonen
Rem Murray

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Not sure how we catch the Blues or Calgary. Blues have 3 more with Colorado and 3 with Arizona and only 2 B to B's left.

All the Kings can control is their games. If the Blues win more in the last month, then that regulation record will have come back to haunt the Kings this year. The Blues still need to win those games, not just have them on the schedule, and they've almost been as inconsistent as the Kings this year. It's not like they're 8 points back of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad